Author Topic: Nationals vs Astros, Game 3  (Read 37316 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals vs Astros, Game 3
« Reply #225: September 22, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
Dude, I started the thread.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahhahahaahhdhw r324h32fhshHAHAHAHA

Offline Sharp

« Reply #226: September 22, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
lol cmd @ your liner underneath your avatar.

don't know who's doing wednesday night baseball (rays @ yanks), but the analyst is ripping into the rays for the presumption that they are cutting payroll.   
It's not a presumption, their GM straight up said "no matter what, we're cutting payroll next year."  That's because the Rays are losing money.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #227: September 22, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
It's not a presumption, their GM straight up said "no matter what, we're cutting payroll next year."  That's because the Rays are losing money.

The economy is in the toilet. I think most teams are cutting payroll. Why does everyone think Dunn wants to sign before the market is set so badly?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #228: September 22, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
Dude, I started the thread.

Oh meant to clarify. I've been on a losing streak going to nats park since I started 2-0. Now I'm 3-3 (profile \/)

I'm going Sunday so I'm sort of afraid I'm going to end the year below .500

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #229: September 22, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »

well he did say if maddon wins the lottery it could change.  so that's why i say presumption 8)

with maddon's luck, he will.  that dude is the man.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #230: September 22, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
yep, he's getting all of this one -the pitch that Espi launches from my perch in the porch.

Nice game tonight, a bit confusing, will have to read through the gameday thread

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #231: September 23, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »
Marquis sucks.  Ignore 6 of the last 7 starts.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #232: September 23, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
Marquis sucks.  Ignore 6 of the last 7 starts.

:lol: Something was clearly bothering him today, and his pitches looked pretty sick at times, bobbing and weaving.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #233: September 23, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
12,213 in the house tonight - slight improvement on the previous nights (and again, like the previous night, it looked a bit bigger than that - more freebies I guess) - but the fact remains that three of the five poorest-drawing home matches in Nats history have come in this series:

12,213   Wednesday 22nd September 2010 vs Astros
11,893   Tuesday 21st September 2010 vs Astros

11,623   Monday 19th April 2010 vs Rockies
11,191   Wednesday 21st April 2010 vs Rockies
10,999   Monday 20th September 2010 vs Astros

Rather glad I went myself - decent weather (plus a fantastic lightning show in the northern and eastern skies last night) plus some fairly decent baseball the past two nights - what more could one want?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #234: September 23, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
OldChelsea - this was one of the last exchange our unused tickets for a lousy seat nights for STH, so that bumped up the the butts in the seats.  I'd think for paid attendance those would count towards the original night.  I did it, used 3 of 4 unused tickets for a night in section 240. No Dunn homer though. 

I could not pick up the Marquis facial expressions while at the game.  If he had "gas" from bad sushi, I'd feed it to him every night. 

Triple and homer for Danny - the latter right below our seats (so i could not see it).  Loved seeing him get untracked. 

I missed the Carlos Lee forgetting to tag up play - was it just brain lock?  It looked like Maxwell held the ball a bit when Lee broke, just to let him get further off the bag before the relay over to first.  that right?

It seemed very weird before the game.  I arrived much later than normal, around 6:30, and there was room on the metro, no crush for the escalator (which only had one side stair going up from the platform instead of two at the ballpark side).  I made a comment that it did not seem like there was a game.  No crush at the Red Porch bar, either, and plenty of room at the Red Loft.  During the game, the Loft looked relatively empty.  Late season ball game between non-contenders.

Hammonds - BTW, the Nats beat you on a nickname for Zimmerman.  The last t-shirt next Tuesday is a long sleeve with "Mr. :w: alkoff" on it.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #235: September 23, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
The economy is in the toilet. I think most teams are cutting payroll. Why does everyone think Dunn wants to sign before the market is set so badly?

While I agree with most of your sentiment, the Rays situation is ugly.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're talking relocation within three years.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #236: September 23, 2010, 08:50:50 AM »
Did they say in the presser if something was up with Marquis?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #237: September 23, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »
  It looked like Maxwell held the ball a bit when Lee broke, just to let him get further off the bag before the relay over to first.  that right?

I think he dropped it on the transfer.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #238: September 23, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »
i like kid clutch > mr. walkoff ... just me.

or simply the "z-man" as charlie slowes calls him.

Offline The Hammer

« Reply #239: September 23, 2010, 09:06:29 AM »
Marquis sucks.  Ignore 6 of the last 7 starts.
In what world is a 4 BB, 1 K performance is a good start? Or a 3 BB, 1 K, 2 HR performance. If this was John Lannan, you would say it's an awful start. In those 7 starts, he has more BB+HBP than K's and a 4.69 FIP while also allowing a .352 OBP. Hardly anything to brag about. You do know that your whipping boy John Lannan had a 4.70 FIP last year which is about the same as Marquis has in his last 7 starts, but in your world, Marquis is a good starter, while Lannan is performing over his head and it's unsustainable.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #240: September 23, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
I think he dropped it on the transfer.

He clearly dropped it on the transfer, I don't think it was intentional, it was just...bonus!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #241: September 23, 2010, 09:43:58 AM »
good pic galah

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #242: September 23, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »
So, they can mention Don Sutton but not Rob Dibble?  :D
What are the chances Rob Dibble will be the answer to a trivia question???
           Oh I know, I know the question....Who has a picture of Stan Kasten/Mike Rizzo as the BullsEye on his Dart Board?        :mg:

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #243: September 23, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
 Great game last night. Espinosa was stellar - Bernadina's catch was an audible gasp. -And the Z man's throw to 1B, barehanded, was Kodak moment worthy. It was good baseball....... :thumbs:   However, Dunn being hit by a pitch on his elbow...not so good... :roll: But over-all, a really great game......

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #244: September 23, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »
@Spider. I wasn't sure what your Drew Carey comment was about earlier, but saw that guy on the replay of the Morse HR. That guy was sitting at the end of my section, so I was wondering if he was the guy who was shown on TV.