Author Topic: Morgan - "... it feels good to be in a baseball city"  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
:clap:

Nyjer's just a misguided dude, and not even that misguided. He's having a rough time lately.

He reminds me of Gilbert Arenas - at least personality wise.  The 'me against the world' attitude is a double edged sword.  Endearing early on, especially when paired with good performance.  Really off-putting when it comes with terrible performance (even when it's due to injury, like in Gilbert's case).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
This is still in the wrong forum. However,

Sweet baby Ray. He's just immature, that's all. Not a word vile enough in the human language for Nyjer Morgan? Are you able to describe people who actually do bad things in this world? Why does Nyjer leave you totally speechless with hatred instead of, say, Ted Bundy or BTK or Rebecca Black?

A) stop cyberbullying Rebecca Black :lol:

B) It's nontuple

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
This is still in the wrong forum.

I'll move it once the initial furor dies down.

Offline houston-nat

A) stop cyberbullying Rebecca Black :lol:

B) It's nontuple

A) Today is Friday so I have to

B) According to the Free Online Dictionary it's "nonuple," and honestly, ninetuple > nonuple. Nonuple sounds like something you see a dermatologist about.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
A) Today is Friday so I have to

B) According to the Free Online Dictionary it's "nonuple," and honestly, ninetuple > nonuple. Nonuple sounds like something you see a dermatologist about.

I'm skeptical as they claim to have served 2.8 billion users.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Nyjer's just a bonehead.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for him to piss off Prince Fielder or Zack Grienke. 

Offline houston-nat

Speaking of which, it'll be interesting to see Greinke tank next year when Prince leaves.

Offline ernie0326

Sweet baby Ray. He's just immature, that's all. Not a word vile enough in the human language for Nyjer Morgan? Are you able to describe people who actually do bad things in this world? Why does Nyjer leave you totally speechless with hatred instead of, say, Ted Bundy or BTK or Rebecca Black?

+1

Hitler was "vile".  John Gacy was "vile". Nyjer Morgan was just a BAD fit on a BAD team. The Nats did what was truly in their own best interests and traded him to somewhere else.  Issue resolved.  He's now someone else's problem.  Now when the Brewers come here in about a week, he can buy a ticket to the Left center field or right center field seats and BOO his lungs out at him. That's his right.  But he needs to calm down with the hyperbole.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
+1

Hitler was "vile".  John Gacy was "vile". Nyjer Morgan was just a BAD fit on a BAD team. The Nats did what was truly in their own best interests and traded him to somewhere else.  Issue resolved.  He's now someone else's problem.  Now when the Brewers come here in about a week, he can buy a ticket to the Left center field or right center field seats and BOO his lungs out at him. That's his right.  But he needs to calm down with the hyperbole.

You're making way too much sense here. :P

Offline machpost

Nyjer should've stuck with hockey. Seems to me it would be a little easier to get away with being a total headcase in that game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Not sure how we got here from TPlush, but I really don't think that Rebecca Black is worse than Hitler.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Coladar

Granted, that's hyperbole. But what does Nyjer Morgan have in common with those other names you listed? Violence, and not just once. I have no use for anyone who resorts to violence, ever, particularly when they are playing a freaking game, and getting millions for it. Or at least a game like baseball. Football, hockey, they are physical sports. Baseball isn't. Anyone who resorts to violence repeatedly, then taunts another teams fans, on top of everything else he did? Trash, plain and simple.

That someone would resort to violence, knowing kids are watching, etc... There are times, when a pitcher headhunts or a serious, long brewing conflict escalates beyond words, where you get it. Doesn't excuse it, but you get it. Morgan did it twice in the span of a week, and that escalation just wasn't there to explain or excuse it. I have no use for someone who goes out of control violent in a game like baseball. Yeah, those names you mentioned are far worse, but they all have something in common. They are violent, and unable to control their violent outbursts. Obviously they aren't even on the same wavelength, but the point still stands.

That's why I have despised Morgan so passionately. Crappy play, stupid play, lazy play, I can put up with. It's when you stop playing and start getting violent that I can't. The thing that really turned me, and why I'm still so passionate about this, is the way he reacted to the fans after getting his ass hauled off. He was taunting them, and obviously wanted to jump up there and keep it going. All while acting like he'd just won a million dollar prize for losing control and becoming violent without excuse or explanation. The look on his face, giving the fans the middle finger, it's an image that i can still see in my mind today. And afterwards, he had no genuine apology or remorse that I remember. So yeah, he's trash, and violent trash. All the horrible things people do, does it even rank as a worthy mention? Of course not. But this isn't a forum discussing the equals of Adolf Hitler, it's a forum talking about baseball players, and of current Nats, I guess I'd say Nyjer is the BTK of the Nats. There's some more of that hyperbole for you. :)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
What a buncha.........

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I want to be on the mound when the Brewers are in town.

Online blue911

I want to be on the mound when the Brewers are in town.

so you can hit with a 50mph fastball?  :mg:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Granted, that's hyperbole. But what does Nyjer Morgan have in common with those other names you listed? Violence, and not just once. I have no use for anyone who resorts to violence, ever, particularly when they are playing a freaking game, and getting millions for it. Or at least a game like baseball. Football, hockey, they are physical sports. Baseball isn't. Anyone who resorts to violence repeatedly, then taunts another teams fans, on top of everything else he did? Trash, plain and simple.

If this jerk turns up in DC next week still in PR mode and pulls some crap and/or showboats during his ABs, I'm going to have to be physically restrained from running on the field and knocking him on his ass. Literally, physically restrained.

:?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Offline houston-nat

I really don't think that Rebecca Black is worse than Hitler.

This is the funniest Rebecca Black-related quote I have ever seen.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
so you can hit with a 50mph fastball?  :mg:

You're giving me too much credit.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Hey Todd Coffey, you have a new mission. Bean him. I doubt the pansey will have the guts to charge the mound.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Lighten up. :)

That someone would resort to violence, knowing kids are watching, etc... There are times, when a pitcher headhunts or a serious, long brewing conflict escalates beyond words, where you get it. Doesn't excuse it, but you get it. Morgan did it twice in the span of a week, and that escalation just wasn't there to explain or excuse it. I have no use for someone who goes out of control violent in a game like baseball. Yeah, those names you mentioned are far worse, but they all have something in common. They are violent, and unable to control their violent outbursts. Obviously they aren't even on the same wavelength, but the point still stands.

That's why I have despised Morgan so passionately. Crappy play, stupid play, lazy play, I can put up with. It's when you stop playing and start getting violent that I can't. The thing that really turned me, and why I'm still so passionate about this, is the way he reacted to the fans after getting his ass hauled off. He was taunting them, and obviously wanted to jump up there and keep it going. All while acting like he'd just won a million dollar prize for losing control and becoming violent without excuse or explanation. The look on his face, giving the fans the middle finger, it's an image that i can still see in my mind today. And afterwards, he had no genuine apology or remorse that I remember. So yeah, he's trash, and violent trash. All the horrible things people do, does it even rank as a worthy mention? Of course not. But this isn't a forum discussing the equals of Adolf Hitler, it's a forum talking about baseball players, and of current Nats, I guess I'd say Nyjer is the BTK of the Nats. There's some more of that hyperbole for you. :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
If this jerk turns up in DC next week still in PR mode and pulls some crap and/or showboats during his ABs, I'm going to have to be physically restrained from running on the field and knocking him on his ass. Literally, physically restrained.

:lmao:  I totally hope Morgan shows up in "PR mode" and does something that you completely interpret as "showboating during an at bat" so you can look foolish. I seriously doubt it will take any physical restraining to keep you from going on the field.  :rofl:

If he ever comes back to DC, I'm selling all my tickets and rooting for Peter Angelos. And *that* says something, since I never rooted for them growing up, rather not watching baseball than cheer for the team that kept my city from having one.

:lmao:  This alone would make reacquiring Morgan for a month worth it.

Offline Coladar

:?

The difference is I'm just writing anonymously on an Internet message board joking about knocking a violent nut bag on his ass. Maybe not the best time and place for such a joke as far as my credibility goes, but still.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

That someone would resort to violence, knowing kids are watching, etc...

Please make sure all the kids are cleared out of the stadium when you charge the field to knock Morgan down.