Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 9995 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #75: November 01, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »
Emailed my ticket rep and he said credit for my scripts has been applied. They will be sending out detailed statements in the next day or two.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #76: November 01, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
When I logged into my account, they said that my bill for next month is $60.  I assume they are crediting the LCS to december and the wild card and play in to November.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #77: November 01, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
When I logged into my account, they said that my bill for next month is $60.  I assume they are crediting the LCS to december and the wild card and play in to November.

What a disaster.  Is it that difficult to hit "refund"?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #78: November 01, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »

What I'm hearing is that a mistake was made and that they are correcting the mistake and sending out invoices with the details.  I didn't buy the strip so I'm not following the details too close but it sure seems like an easy Excel formula could have handled the calculation.  Total amount committed for next year minus total amount paid for next year minus the amount paid for games not played results in either a negative value owed as a refund or a positive value still owed for 2013.  Then adjust the remaining payments due accordingly.

What really baffles me is the delay in refunding the single game sales, there is no calculation necessary, refund 100% of every game not played.  I'm guessing that accounting is working on fixing whatever screw up they made to the strip refunds before pressing the button on the single game refunds.

It has been 14 business days since the Nats got bounced, where the hell is my $2,600?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #79: November 01, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Emailed my ticket rep and he said credit for my scripts has been applied. They will be sending out detailed statements in the next day or two.

And no Nov.1 payment on the installment plan, he said.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #80: November 01, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
My rep told me yesterday that the NLCS single games are in the process of being refunded. Still no refund, though. She said that the process was "delayed" by the hurricane.

This is pretty frustrating. Why isn't this done almost immediately after elimination (or at a minimum, before the next STH payment is due) as to not rub people the wrong way.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #81: November 01, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
My rep told me yesterday that the NLCS single games are in the process of being refunded. Still no refund, though. She said that the process was "delayed" by the hurricane.

:crazy: This is pretty nuts. thankfully I didn't invest as much as you guys but still, this is just frustrating.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #82: November 01, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
Their customer service is pretty poor overall...remember how close to opening day the STH packages got out to folks this year.  Seems like they don't tell the reps anything, or maybe they just don't know themselves.  You'd think all this would be pre-loaded and easy to execute, wouldn't require any more skill than simple spread sheet work.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #83: November 01, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
I didn't buy the strip so I'm not following the details too close but it sure seems like an easy Excel formula could have handled the calculation. 

Sure, an excel formula would be easy, but 40,000 of them and then translating the calcs into actual refunds is not so simple.

What I'm saying, is that using Excel is not an option here beyond perhaps downloading draft records and testing calculations.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #84: November 01, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
Sorry Tom but I'm going to disagree with you here. A "simple" TRIGGER* could have avoided this whole situation but it looks like the Nats aren't using a true accounting system for their season ticket sales and are doing something dumb like using Excel. If they were using a ticket sales system a simple UPDATE once the Nats were eliminated would have set off the TRIGGER and issued the refund.  It sound like the workflow the Nats ticketing office is using is labor intensive and fractured.  Not surprising given the ineptitude of the Nats, but pathetic regardless.

* "Simple" TRIGGER here implies setting an event in the accounting system (I.e.. SAP) and would require setting up and testing the business rules once to make sure things work correctly and linking the charge accounts once. No need for reps to do calculations or multiple credits and debits on customer accounts.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #85: November 01, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »
Have other teams received their playoff ticket refunds?

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #86: November 01, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »
The Os have...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #87: November 01, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
Have other teams received their playoff ticket refunds?

I tried to find out but didn't spend much time on it, the message boards I checked didn't have threads complaining about refunds so I assumed that they've gotten their money.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #88: November 01, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »
Sorry Tom but I'm going to disagree with you here. A "simple" TRIGGER* could have avoided this whole situation but it looks like the Nats aren't using a true accounting system for their season ticket sales and are doing something dumb like using Excel. If they were using a ticket sales system a simple UPDATE once the Nats were eliminated would have set off the TRIGGER and issued the refund.  It sound like the workflow the Nats ticketing office is using is labor intensive and fractured.  Not surprising given the ineptitude of the Nats, but pathetic regardless.

* "Simple" TRIGGER here implies setting an event in the accounting system (I.e.. SAP) and would require setting up and testing the business rules once to make sure things work correctly and linking the charge accounts once. No need for reps to do calculations or multiple credits and debits on customer accounts.

I think you misunderstand my point.  My point is forget Excel, it isn't going to help you hear beyond a bit role in verifying calcs.

Of course they must have a system for doing this.  I don't know what they use, you probably don't either.  We know they are inexperienced at this, but the Orioles front office managed to get refunds out and we know that they don't have anybody still alive from when they last made the playoffs, that is.    :crackup:

One thing we can both agree on, their systems are superb at bringing cash in, but not so good at paying it back out again.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #89: November 01, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
Sure, an excel formula would be easy, but 40,000 of them and then translating the calcs into actual refunds is not so simple.

What I'm saying, is that using Excel is not an option here beyond perhaps downloading draft records and testing calculations.

They don't have close to 40K plan holders, it's about 10K tops, and not all of them bought strips.  Regardless of whether they use Excel or another tool to calculate the refunds it's a very simple formula, there's no excuse for screwing it up, except that they probably made it more complicated than necessary trying to squeeze out a few extra pennies.  And that's just for the people who bought strips.  For those of us who bought single game tickets there is no excuse for not providing full refunds at this point, they're probably triple checking the $4 they charged for printing and mailing the tickets.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #90: November 01, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
Of course they must have a system for doing this.  I don't know what they use, you probably don't either.

I know it's not SAP or any of the other big ERPs because I asked and my rep said they didn't have any training on it, something SAP or anyone reputable wouldn't allow.

One thing we can both agree on, their systems are superb at bringing cash in, but not so good at paying it back out again.

Wrong. They didn't bill me for the second or third installment last season and only figured it out once I asked them what was going on. They also failed to charge me for two sets of tickets I purchased "on account" last year, another failure I had to bring to their attention for correction.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #91: November 01, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
They don't have close to 40K plan holders, it's about 10K tops, and not all of them bought strips.  Regardless of whether they use Excel or another tool to calculate the refunds it's a very simple formula, there's no excuse for screwing it up, except that they probably made it more complicated than necessary trying to squeeze out a few extra pennies.  And that's just for the people who bought strips.  For those of us who bought single game tickets there is no excuse for not providing full refunds at this point, they're probably triple checking the $4 they charged for printing and mailing the tickets.

The sad part is they probably have reps going line by line to make sure they don't refund too much. I'd call them crooks and scumbags but this is a no fun zone when it comes to criticism.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #92: November 01, 2012, 11:29:54 PM »
The sad part is they probably have reps going line by line to make sure they don't refund too much. I'd call them crooks and scumbags but this is a no fun zone when it comes to criticism.

The funny thing is any non season ticket holder could easily have their money back now (bend over guys just like Lerner likes it). 

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #93: November 01, 2012, 11:32:02 PM »
The funny thing is any non season ticket holder could easily have their money back now (bend over guts just like Lerner likes it). 

I still don't have a refund for the NLCS tickets and I bought them during the general sale. I won't make any further comments on that except to quote that late, great Stan Kasten ball licker that once said "that's just not right".

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #94: November 01, 2012, 11:52:18 PM »

I still don't have a refund for the NLCS tickets and I bought them during the general sale. I won't make any further comments on that except to quote that late, great Stan Kasten ball licker that once said "that's just not right".

And you have seats to protect,  so you can't issue a charge back

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #95: November 02, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
Checked my credit card last night. I received a refund for the NLCS tickets I bought in the STH single game presale.  It also looks like I do not have a charge pending for the 11/1 installment for my season ticket renewal, so I assume they are crediting the STH advance sale (your regular seats) as new balances are due.  That's consistent with what I think they said they'd do (unplayed games get credited).

How hard is it to send a blast email to the STH explaining precisely what they are doing?  how hard is it to pick up the phone to Steinberg or Kilgore/Comak and fax them a precise statement of the policy?  Heck, they own a chunk of MASN - why not tell the house-owned media outlet?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #96: November 02, 2012, 09:31:56 AM »
[...]Heck, they own a chunk of MASN - why not tell the house-owned media outlet?

It's only a minority share - Angelos/Orioles aren't going to do anything to help the Nats.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #97: November 02, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
The funny thing is any non season ticket holder could easily have their money back now (bend over guys just like Lerner likes it).

I didn't buy a block, straight single games and I don't have a refund.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #98: November 02, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
I didn't buy a block, straight single games and I don't have a refund.

call the number on the back of your card and say there is a merchant refusing to issue a refund for a canceled event- depending on your issuer, you'll have the money credited in a day or two

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #99: November 02, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »
AmEx is really good about trying to refund it that day.  I wonder if we could complain to MLB about this nonsense.  It's just not right.