Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 88172 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Suzuki was a hell of a pickup.
Minty's call whether it is a deal breaker

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I still don't see a bet. That if they Nats don't pick up a big time pitcher, they won't win the division?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I still don't see a bet. That if they Nats don't pick up a big time pitcher, they won't win the division?
There was some doom and gloom on this thread, I threw a bet out there that the Nats, even after making no move, would make the playoffs. A couple posters got angry and claimed I was challenging their fanhood. Minty Fresh picked up the bet with the note that if a major waiver pickup like Cliff Lee was made then the bet was off. I'm leaving it to him and others whether or not Kurt Suzuki counts.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Smithian wanted to bet someone the Nats wouldn't make the playoffs. Basically saying he was a better fan because he thought the team would make it without a trade.

And it wasn't a misunderstanding. It was all pretty clear what was meant.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Smithian wanted to bet someone the Nats wouldn't make the playoffs. Basically saying he was a better fan because he thought the team would make it without a trade.

And it wasn't a misunderstanding. It was all pretty clear what was meant.
Not really.

I just thought Werth coming back along with the eventual "we'll say you're injured" DL of H-Rod that we'd be fine. I didn't feel the Braves were going to push past us. I was getting called out pretty hard through this entire thread so I thought we'd have a fun avatar bet.

At the end of the day, we're all winners! And Minty gets to rock out with his Screech avatar :metal: