Author Topic: The Radical Ideas for Nats 2013  (Read 1847 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: The Radical Ideas for Nats 2013
« Reply #25: October 23, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
I don't want Swish anywhere near this team.

+1

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #26: October 23, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
More like badical.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #27: October 23, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »
A radical suggestion would be trading Rendon and Lombardozzi to the Twins for Mauer and Span

1. Denard Span CF
2. Jayson Werth RF
3. Joe Mauer 1B
4. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
5. Bryce Harper LF
6. Ian Desmond SS
7. Danny Espinosa 2B
8. Kurt Suzuki/Ramos C
9. Stephen Strasburg P

All of a sudden that lineup looks more balanced, amirite?

But only if they eat most of Mauer's contract.  Maybe it would just be simpler to send Moore or Bernadina to LAA for Trout.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #28: October 23, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »
With all the speculation and fantasies going on in this thread and the 2012-13 thread for off-season moves I see everyone putting Harper in LF and leaving Werth in right. I would absolutely switch them . Less ground to cover to preserve Werths legs and Harper has the better arm. Of course , I wouldn't move Morse so the point is moot.

I have a thought, why don't we trade half our farm system for Babe Ruth and the leftovers we could sacrafice in the old Mayan tradition and resurrect Walter Johnson.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #29: October 23, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
I have a thought, why don't we trade half our farm system for Babe Ruth and the leftovers we could sacrafice in the old Mayan tradition and resurrect Walter Johnson.

josh gibson and satchel paige or GTFO!

Offline rbw5t

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #31: October 23, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
Oooh, I have an idea for a new manayer ...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8543189/ozzie-guillen-fired-manager-miami-marlins
If that happens I will personally cover him in pine tar, sign my name on his shirt, put a stamp on his forehead and drop him off the the post office bound for Miami. No thanks.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #32: October 23, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
Shocked that Ozzie was fired. NOT.

I submit to you that what he did to that team and all that talent was probably the single biggest botched job of managing ever in the history of baseball.

Oh, MDS, where are you?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #33: October 23, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
MDS has secretly become the shadow GM for the Marlins.  Right now he hanging out on the deck of the Clevelander, with a cell phone, talking to the manager for Industriales in Cuba, trying to get him to defect.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #34: October 23, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »
 :spit: :lmao: :lmao:
We're only playing  24 on our roster for OD?
I bring back Bowden before I would let you in the ballpark.

:shock:   
Oh no, not Bowden......I just spewed my soda all over the monitor. Holy Gripes.......

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #35: October 23, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »
:spit: :lmao: :lmao:
                             :shock:   
Oh no, not Bowden......I just spewed my soda all over the monitor. Holy Gripes.......

Leatherboy!

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #36: October 23, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
Radical?

1. Adam Dunn: CF
2. Adam Dunn: 3B
3. Adam Dunn: RF
4. Adam Dunn: 1B
5. Adam Dunn: 2B
6. Adam Dunn: LF
7. Adam Dunn: C
8. Adam Dunn: SS
9. Adam Dunn: P

Bench:
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn

Rotation:

1. Adam Dunn
2. Adam Dunn
3. Adam Dunn
4. Adam Dunn
5. Adam Dunn

Bullpen:
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn
Adam Dunn

Okay,  Vega, how much did the Chief pay you to post that? We all know the deep deep feelings the Chief has for Adam Dunn. So he got to you, didn't he? Fess up......you will feel better coming clean... how much did he pay you...huh? What did he offer you - your own leggo movie about the Nats on this message board! Am I getting close here - can we have an AMEN!

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #37: October 23, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
A radical suggestion would be trading Rendon and Lombardozzi to the Twins for Mauer and Span

1. Denard Span CF
2. Jayson Werth RF
3. Joe Mauer 1B
4. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
5. Bryce Harper LF
6. Ian Desmond SS
7. Danny Espinosa 2B
8. Kurt Suzuki/Ramos C
9. Stephen Strasburg P

All of a sudden that lineup looks more balanced, amirite?

Meh, I think we're too caught up on having the top of our lineup look similar to the traditonal lineup.  I think Bryce brings more at the top of the lineup right now than he does in the middle of it.  I also think he's going to be a much better hitter next year.  I'm perfectly fine having Werth, Harp, Zim and hopefully LaR at the top 4.  That's a tough grind for a starting pitcher to open the game, most nights.  Harper's going to be even more of a terror on the bases than he was this year.  It doesn't look "normal", but it was very effective.  Honestly, that plan, in baseball circles, is probably more radical than making more trades for a more conventional lineup.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #38: October 23, 2012, 06:56:55 PM »
  I'm perfectly fine having Werth, Harp, Zim and hopefully LaR at the top 4.  That's a tough grind for a starting pitcher to open the game,
Werth, Harper, Zimmerman, LaRoche, and  then Morse and Desmond - that's a killer top six.  If we can get a decent number 7, it would be one of the toughest lineups in the majors.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #39: October 23, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »
Werth, Harper, Zimmerman, LaRoche, and  then Morse and Desmond - that's a killer top six.  If we can get a decent number 7, it would be one of the toughest lineups in the majors.

Ramos and Suzuki are great in there as well, and Espinosa could very well have a bounce-back year.

This is the part of an OOTP game where I start to get bored because there aren't many ways to improve. Bullpen, SP, sort out LaRoche and Morse.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #40: October 23, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »
Okay,  Vega, how much did the Chief pay you to post that? We all know the deep deep feelings the Chief has for Adam Dunn. So he got to you, didn't he? Fess up......you will feel better coming clean... how much did he pay you...huh? What did he offer you - your own leggo movie about the Nats on this message board! Am I getting close here - can we have an AMEN!

How much does JP Ricciardi pay you to write your posts about Dunn?

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #41: October 23, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

These kind of threads give a guy like me a chance to comeback and play for Washington