Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Anthony Rendon, 3B (and 2B, we hope)  (Read 86100 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Follow the Prospects: Anthony Rendon, 3B
« Reply #575: August 23, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »
From Jason Parks today at BP: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=18110

I’ve been thinking about…Anthony Rendon. I absolutely love his swing. His hands are special. It all starts with his hands. He owns one of the best bat-to-hand relationships I’ve ever seen. They aren’t separate beings. Some hitters view the bat as their weapon in the war against the ball. They see the ball and they swing their sword and they hope to chop the enemy’s head off. Rendon’s bat might as well contain his own ligaments, blood, and bones. When he swings, the bat is an extension of his own body. The bat speed and the bat control are off-the-chart, and if he can stay healthy, this is going to be a big time hitter. I don’t see much over-the-fence power, but lots of batting average and lots of doubles from squared-up hard contact. I was slow to believe the hype about his hitting prowess, but this is going to be a very good major league hitter.