Author Topic: The "WNFF Meme" Thread  (Read 19342 times)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
Re: The "WNFF Meme" Thread
« Reply #175: August 11, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »
I believe...

My friends and I always do that at Nats games.  I always like to say/yell out "It's the Haapa" repetatively.  Some people laugh.  Some people roll their eyes...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #176: May 02, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »
hard to believe this one has not been updated since 2012.  Even harder to believe who made the last post in 2012.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177: May 02, 2015, 03:27:13 PM »
one story about the origin of the PUTIN!!!! meme:

Goes back to a game in 2012.  I think Big Meech threatened to put a picture of Mitt Romney up in the GDT if the Nats could not come back in a game that inning.  I think I said you have to put a picture of Putin up if we won.  The nats tied it up and the game went extras.  Big Meech said while he did not officially lose the bet, he'd roll with it and put up a picture of Putin shirtless on horseback.  We won, so we started posting pictures of Putin, the Red headed spy who posted on facebook, and started bad mouthing wussy Riot.  The next day, Big Meech started a GDT with pictures of Putin, and we won.  Since then, PUTIN!!!! has been an good luck charm for special occasions.  Here, obviously PUTIN!!!! was misused. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178: May 02, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
similar story, but better:
JCA-CrystalCity, a known Communist (with ties to Boston), is convinced that invoking Putin in GDTs increases the chances of victory. That is because Putin is a totalitarian who can order anything to happen.

(Image removed from quote.)

N2P pretty much nailed it, oddly enough. I mean not oddly that N2P could nail it, but it's such an odd story.
A game day thread was started by BigMeech last year (IIRC).   It's theme was "Putin".     Nats won and it kind of took on a life of its own.

Offline whytev

« Reply #179: May 03, 2015, 02:03:43 AM »
Thanks for bumping this.

I think the injury exaggeration in reaction to the club officially downplaying everything is a meme at this point.

Examples: Talking about Rendon needing a peg leg, planning Span's funeral when he is scratched, and referencing Monty Python's "only a flesh wound" scene.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #180: May 03, 2015, 07:28:38 AM »
I just want to know what happened to the picture of Sherman wearing a Nationals cap

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #181: May 06, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »
I just want to know what happened to the picture of Sherman wearing a Nationals cap

I don't think that really existed, you were mindfacting it.