Author Topic: Rangers Release John Patterson  (Read 2863 times)

Rangers Release John Patterson
« Topic Start: May 24, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »
Not like he will get much sympathy here from quite a few but it's news:

http://www.star-telegram.com/284/story/661840.html

All the way at the bottom.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Rangers Release John Patterson
« Reply #1: May 24, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »
Three years later...who woulda thunk it...

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #2: May 24, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
Aggravated a nerve injury.

I really, really hope the guy is somehow able to mount a comeback. But I don't think it will ever happen. Nice knowing ya, John.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3: May 24, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
I'd like to welcome our new minor league pitching coach, John Patterson.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: May 24, 2008, 04:36:45 PM »
I'd like to welcome our new minor league pitching coach, John Patterson.

No thanks, we can't afford to have our prospects getting soft and breaking down.

« Reply #5: May 24, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
No thanks, we can't afford to have our prospects getting soft and breaking down.

Funny that we say that and some want Hill to be ace of this rotation...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #6: May 24, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

I'm hoping we can get a real ace. As far as Hill goes, my take is that I don't care if he has options left or not. He's out of rope as far as I'm concerned. When he comes back, if he has one more issue with the arm we have to move on whether he reads WNFF or not. No more of this for Hill because he is a member here

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: May 24, 2008, 05:30:04 PM »

Tim Redding is our ace right now. If he could go another 1.1 innings per start or so, we are all set.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #8: May 24, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »

Offline PC

« Reply #9: May 24, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
I shudder at the thought, which some had, that he'd stay on our MLB roster and "work through it". :shock:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #10: May 24, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »
I shudder at the thought, which some had, that he'd stay on our MLB roster and "work through it". :shock:

Some people insisted the Nationals gave up on him too soon and would live to regret it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #11: May 24, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
When he comes back, if he has one more issue with the arm we have to move on whether he reads WNFF or not. No more of this for Hill because he is a member here
?!??!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #12: May 24, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
I'm hoping we can get a real ace. As far as Hill goes, my take is that I don't care if he has options left or not. He's out of rope as far as I'm concerned. When he comes back, if he has one more issue with the arm we have to move on whether he reads WNFF or not. No more of this for Hill because he is a member here

Exactly who does this?

There's a difference between wishing a guy well and kissing his ass.  I don't think any of the people you're referring to really fall into the latter category, but even if they do, why does it bother you so much?

For the record, I'm more in the "let's get some healthy pitchers" camp, but I do wonder why you bring it up so much.

Can't we all just get along? :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #13: May 24, 2008, 09:51:37 PM »
I didn't single out anyone specifically but I'm curious to find out who you think I was referring to. Actually, some of the people that "may" fall in that camp are some of the same that did it for Church. When I wrote that I was sort of joking but mostly I just wanted to use the ass kissing smiley. Like I said, I wasn't singling anyone out but if you want you can tell me who you think I meant and then I will give you my opinion and we can all discuss it.

MrMadison

« Reply #14: May 25, 2008, 12:01:55 AM »

Patterson released
The Rangers have released pitcher John Patterson. He has a sore arm and is going home to rest for the remainder of the season.

* Posted on May 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

sorry, if that comes off a little insensitive, but Patterson DID say he was 100% healthy and ready to go to be our #2 starter.  and we were ridiculed and basically called "impatient terrible fans who don't know anything" by a particular Patterson-fangirl before she left this site(and the Nats) for good to follow Patterson to the Ranger forums and became a Rangers fan.

this is just delicious.

I had my doubts, but now I am 100% convinced of Spidernats' theory that Patterson tried to scam the Nats for guaranteed money.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #15: May 25, 2008, 09:43:35 AM »
She said you do not deserve an answer.  :lol:  You had fun over there last night, didn't you?  I wonder if she's an aunt of his or something. 

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: May 25, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »
Headline in Washington Times, day after Patterson release announced:  (I can't claim credit for the find - hubby came in laughing hard after getting the paper)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #17: May 25, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
Headline in Washington Times, day after Patterson release announced:  (I can't claim credit for the find - hubby came in laughing hard after getting the paper)

:rofl:

MrMadison

« Reply #18: May 25, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
She said you do not deserve an answer.  :lol:  You had fun over there last night, didn't you?  I wonder if she's an aunt of his or something. 

no. I only made one post. and I didn't even go back to look for an answer, because I didn't expect one.
and my post wasn't really as bad as she probably made it out to be.  I just asked her if she was going to come back and apologize for insulting our team and our fans because we didn't believe Patterson was healthy. *shrug*

at any rate,  I'm pretty convinced she's a relative, despite how many people say otherwise.

either that or she's just the Female AZ.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #19: May 25, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
no. I only made one post. and I didn't even go back to look for an answer, because I didn't expect one.
and my post wasn't really as bad as she probably made it out to be.  I just asked her if she was going to come back and apologize for insulting our team and our fans because we didn't believe Patterson was healthy. *shrug*

How can anyone believe this:

I understand what you are saying - every team hopes that their "young arms" in the minors will make the grade. But there is always a need for "the injured veteran invitations". They usually don't cost much and the risk is small and the reward can be high when one of them works out. Patterson is only 30 and could still be a great pitcher if he can get his arm healthy. I think he deserves a chance and I am hoping that the Rangers will give him another shot as I have grown to like the team in the short time I have been a fan.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #20: May 25, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
She's not that, SF.  She may be delusional or just single focused.  But she's not a bad person.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #21: May 25, 2008, 01:11:59 PM »
Sportsfan I edited your post, that stuff was crossing the line IMO.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #22: May 25, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »
I'm just calling it like I see it. ThunderstruckJPfan is not a Nationals fan. Never was.  She owes everyone an apology for spewing all that garbage back when she posted here. What she did was far worse than anything I have ever said.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #23: May 25, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
So if we re-sign JPWH can we expect to get thunderstruck back as a Nationals' fan? Maybe the Phillies or the Yankees or the Orioles will pick him up.

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #24: May 25, 2008, 10:55:56 PM »
So if we re-sign JPWH can we expect to get thunderstruck back as a Nationals' fan? Maybe the Phillies or the Yankees or the Orioles will pick him up.

Or the Cubs