Author Topic: I'd Like To Nominate Shoeshineboy...  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I'd Like To Nominate Shoeshineboy...
« Topic Start: June 17, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »
...for General Manager of the Seattle Mariners who fired their GM Bill Bavasi yesterday. 

Seattle is about the only A.L. team I can stand, and if we are to lose a valuable asset to an A.L. team, I could tolerate Seattle. 

I believe SSb makes a great candidate.  He's very thorough in his research, he certainly knows a bit about SABRmetrics and he likes to gather the facts before making sound decisions - he follows his instincts, trusts those he believes and separates the misinformation from the good information.  He can go to Seattle, help them rebuild and come back once Bowden has outstayed his welcome and SSB can resign the kids worth resigning.

What say y'all?

Offline ronnynat

Re: I'd Like To Nominate Shoeshineboy...
« Reply #1: June 18, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
Mike Rizzo has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the job.

« Reply #2: June 19, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
...for General Manager of the Seattle Mariners who fired their GM Bill Bavasi yesterday. 

Seattle is about the only A.L. team I can stand, and if we are to lose a valuable asset to an A.L. team, I could tolerate Seattle. 

I believe SSb makes a great candidate.  He's very thorough in his research, he certainly knows a bit about SABRmetrics and he likes to gather the facts before making sound decisions - he follows his instincts, trusts those he believes and separates the misinformation from the good information.  He can go to Seattle, help them rebuild and come back once Bowden has outstayed his welcome and SSB can resign the kids worth resigning.

What say y'all?

He wouldn't work. People around here love dirt kicking, screaming, cussing, and making a general ass out of oneself. Those are all the qualities of a superb, winning, manager and unfortunately Shoeshine has none of those qualities.

I nominate this guy:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: June 19, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
He wouldn't work. People around here love dirt kicking, screaming, cussing, and making a general ass out of oneself. Those are all the qualities of a superb, winning, manager and unfortunately Shoeshine has none of those qualities.

I nominate this guy:

This, unfortunately, is the norm.  I had the pleasure of being invited to an MC Chris concert when he came to Higher Ground in Vermont, and some emo girl kept throwing joints at him on stage.  Pretty much the same treatment...

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #4: June 19, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »
No offense but after listening to MC Chris I'm surprised they weren't throwing rotten tomatoes or rocks.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #5: June 19, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
Say no to Rizzo - promote him to DC GM.

Steve Heezy

« Reply #6: June 19, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
sort of OT, but I read that Sexson and Vidro are next to get their walking papers

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: June 19, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »
sort of OT, but I read that Sexson and Vidro are next to get their walking papers

Why can't we do the same with our garbage?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #8: June 19, 2008, 04:23:56 PM »
Why can't we do the same with our garbage?

Cheapness of ownership. Sexson is owed a TON.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #9: June 19, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »
Mike Rizzo has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the job.

Idea!!!  They can have Jimbo and we'lll keep Rizzo!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #10: June 19, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
I could have sworn that I read, someplace, that Sexson was canned.  But I can't find it anywhere.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #11: June 20, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

I nominate this guy:

Hmm. I'd say that's a slightly different reaction than Paul Kantner had at Altamont.