Author Topic: 2014 MLB Playoffs Predictions Thread  (Read 751 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
2014 MLB Playoffs Predictions Thread
« Topic Start: February 15, 2014, 04:11:31 PM »
It is that time of year again. Spring training is upon us, and as such, it is time for predictions! I'll start us off.

AL East: Boston
AL Central: Detroit
AL West: Oakland
AL Wild Cards: Kansas City/Tampa Bay

NL East: Washington
NL Central: St. Louis
NL West: San Diego
NL Wild Cards: Los Angeles/Pittsburgh

World Series: Washington defeats Oakland

Offline monkeyhit

Re: 2014 MLB Playoffs Predictions Thread
« Reply #1: February 15, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Like your predictions (including the dark-horse ones of Oakland and San Diego), but can't imagine SD over LaD  in NLW.

Before I would ever pick Nats over Cards, they'd have to show me they are over the Storen meltdown.  Think they'll squeak into playoffs and then bow out to LA or Cards.

Who knows?  I would certainly refrain from a jackass Johnson statement even if it was September rather than February.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2: February 15, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
Oakland isn't really a dark horse. They've been consistently solid for a few years now and Texas has consistently gagged at crucial moments over the past few years.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #3: February 15, 2014, 04:37:05 PM »
I have a few issues with the Dodgers. For one, I don't believe in the back end of their rotation. Yeah, Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu are great, but I have zero faith in the health or effectiveness of Haren, Beckett, or Maholm. And for another thing, they have plenty of health/effectiveness questions in their position players as well. Uribe could easily suck again, Hanley gets hurt all the time, Geurrero is unproven, Kemp is fragile, Ethier is kinda meh at this point, (And why the hell is playing center now?) and Crawford has had his share of injuries as well. Adrian Gonzalez is the only one I have utmost confidence in. They may win the division, but in any event, I think that both LA and SD make the playoffs.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #4: February 15, 2014, 04:47:44 PM »
World Series: Washington defeats Oakland

Funny, my own World Series prediction is Oakland over Washington.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #5: February 15, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »
Oakland isn't really a dark horse. They've been consistently solid for a few years now and Texas has consistently gagged at crucial moments over the past few years.

:lmao: if Texas gagged in the past few years,  what did Oakland do- valiantly exit after the alds?