Poll

Socks up or down?

Socks up
10 (62.5%)
Socks down
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Socks Up, Socks Down  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Socks Up, Socks Down
« Reply #25: June 04, 2007, 10:09:49 AM »
And Sens, aquarium photography is a whole niche unto itself.  Ever try to capture a live subject with digital lag to overcome?  Arghh!
I don't get digital lag on my camera - only point and shoot cameras do that.  :pimp:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #26: June 04, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Tomterp- Yeah,they are all interesting in their own way. I have had freshwater, African cichlids (Victoria and Tanganika- now these are real pretty and behaviorally interesting), started raising fancy guppies as a kid. Salt had always fascinated me, and one year after we did real well come tax refund time, I set up a 75 gallon salt fish-only. Since then I've been hooked!(no pun intended) My 2 cats spent as much time staring into the tanks as I did :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline saltydad

« Reply #27: June 06, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »
[quote author=tomterp link=topic=3011.msg84619#msg84619 date=1180
My son and I keep a 55g for native fish.  We catch minnows, darters, catfish from local creeks or streams.  Some of these (rosyside dace) have really nice color during spawning season, while others have spectacular finnage (satinfin shiner).

[/quote]

What a neat idea of keeping native fish! The closest I came to that was I used to go out in the shallows around Long Island in the summers looking for juvenile tropicals who had been caught up in the Gulfstream. We would try to catch and keep them, as otherwise they were destined for a cold death come fall. Managed to catch young angelfish, mackeral snappers, barracuda, etc. We used hand nets and seining. My son still has fond memories of going aslomg with us.
If you have a pix of your tanks I'd love to see them! Contact me by PM to set up. Thanks!