Author Topic: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 2  (Read 17530 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 2
« Reply #225: June 24, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »
Personally I feel like Stras is going to be a bust.

I just hope they don't put 3 arms on it, the way they did with Frank Howard & the others.

Guzman triple drives in the speedy Josh Shakespeare.

Natinals 4
Red Sux 6

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #226: June 24, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I just hope they don't put 3 arms on it, the way they did with Frank Howard & the others.

Guzman triple drives in the speedy Josh Shakespeare.

Natinals 4
Red Sux 6

(Image removed from quote.)

HAHA. Good call man!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #227: June 24, 2009, 09:29:18 PM »
No, I lump the organizational dysfunction all into one interconnected issue. Individually, I blame Manny for the moves that Manny makes and blame the FO for allowing him to make them or telling him to make them. I blame Kasten for the horrible customer service and failure to run the operation properly, and I blame the Lerners for hamstringing the organization from top to bottom.

I especially liked the part where you blamed everyone for something specific EXCEPT the Lerners, because you don't have any idea what they actually are or are not directly responsible for other than signing off on things or not (which you also don't know details of).

I don't believe Kasten is as bad as some here say/think, but I have a little more respect/understanding of blaming him, because I honestly believe he is the one who is running the show.  Blaming the Lerners for everything is like cursing the Queen of England.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #228: June 24, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
I especially liked the part where you blamed everyone for something specific EXCEPT the Lerners, because you don't have any idea what they actually are or are not directly responsible for other than signing off on things or not (which you also don't know details of).

I don't believe Kasten is as bad as some here say/think, but I have a little more respect/understanding of blaming him, because I honestly believe he is the one who is running the show.  Blaming the Lerners for everything is like cursing the Queen of England.
I don't think Kasten has that much power myself. He is more of a PR man who deals with non-baseball crap. Lerners are running the show IMO. Every little decision must be passed through the Lerners for approval. They have the final say on everything.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #229: June 24, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
As they should.

They own the team, they make the decisions.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #230: June 24, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
I don't think Kasten has that much power myself. He is more of a PR man who deals with non-baseball crap. Lerners are running the show IMO. Every little decision must be passed through the Lerners for approval. They have the final say on everything.

I think that's crap and anyone who believes it is a fool or just doesn't know anything about business.  I think Kasten has plenty of autonomy and that the Lerners are generally busy with other things.  Blame them for being bad or neglectful owners if you must, but I think accusing them of being penny-pinching control freaks is a delusional witch hunt.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #231: June 24, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
In Natstown, accountability starts one notch below the top.  :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #232: June 24, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
Willingham taking 3 pitches right down the chute. didn't even think about taking the bat off his shoulders.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #233: June 24, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »
I bet sportsfan wishes the Red Sox would go ahead and score 4 more runs to put this out of reach.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #234: June 24, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
We're getting owned this inning.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #235: June 24, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
In Natstown, accountability starts one notch below the top.  :lol:

Don't give me that smart-ass routine.  Do you really think businessmen as wealthy as the Lerners got to be that way by being control freaks?  No, they are smart about hiring the right people, and then they delegate to those people and leave the day-to-day stuff to those people.  I seriously doubt the Lerners get directly involved in any but the highest level decisions, and in those cases, I think Stan and Rizzo are the ones who go to them and say "this is what we should do and here are the reasons."

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #236: June 24, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
Masterson's curve is nasty

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #237: June 24, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »

:shock:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #238: June 24, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »
... Blaming the Lerners for everything is like cursing the Queen of England.

The Queen of England has not attended ONE single Nationals game.  We're ALLIES... but NO support of Washington.  She should be in the President's section, with face paint.

:worship: DUKES  :az: walks.  Dunn PH...

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #239: June 24, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »

Hamstringing the organization from top to bottom isn't specific? They're on the record wanting to control spending. There are numerous reports from a variety of sources about the way that they control the operation. They were responsible for keeping Bowden around. They were a buyer in a buyers' market and failed to deliver the necessary improvement. They are profiting while the team is a disgrace. I am not sure what is there to defend. They have taken a team in a major market and turned it into a laughingtock and historical failure on the field. Other MLB owners judge each others success by the profits they are able make balancing income with the spending necessary to produce just enough to generate revenue. But that is not the way anyone who respects this game should judge owners. They are stewards of a city's franchise. They are supposed to respect the game, respect their product, and respect the fan base that supports them. Not run the equivalent of the Washington Generals. Ted Lerner declared at his first press conference, "We will not let you down." He has.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #240: June 24, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
outstanding hit by Guzman :clap:

why is guzman starting?  AlGo should be out there!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #241: June 24, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »
Hamstringing the organization from top to bottom isn't specific?

That's about as unspecific as you can get.  Maybe I overestimated you.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #242: June 24, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
Hamstringing the organization from top to bottom isn't specific? They're on the record wanting to control spending. There are numerous reports from a variety of sources about the way that they control the operation. They were responsible for keeping Bowden around. They were a buyer in a buyers' market and failed to deliver the necessary improvement. They are profiting while the team is a disgrace. I am not sure what is there to defend. They have taken a team in a major market and turned it into a laughingtock and historical failure on the field. Other MLB owners judge each others success by the profits they are able make balancing income with the spending necessary to produce just enough to generate revenue. But that is not the way anyone who respects this game should judge owners. They are stewards of a city's franchise. They are supposed to respect the game, respect their product, and respect the fan base that supports them. Not run the equivalent of the Washington Generals. Ted Lerner declared at his first press conference, "We will not let you down." He has.
omg nobody has spoke truer words on here.  :clap: :worship:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #243: June 24, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
omg nobody has spoke truer words on here.  :clap: :worship:

Just imagine how much your support must mean to him :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #244: June 24, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Don't give me that smart-ass routine.  Do you really think businessmen as wealthy as the Lerners got to be that way by being control freaks?  No, they are smart about hiring the right people, and then they delegate to those people and leave the day-to-day stuff to those people.  I seriously doubt the Lerners get directly involved in any but the highest level decisions, and in those cases, I think Stan and Rizzo are the ones who go to them and say "this is what we should do and here are the reasons."
no, Lerners must approve any decisions. Why do you think they didn't pony up enough money to get Crow? Surely it wasn't Bowden, Rizzo, Kasten or anyone else. The Lerners are in control of their own money. They didn't want to ante up anymore so they didn't and Crow went unsigned.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #245: June 24, 2009, 09:41:08 PM »
I don't think they are obsessing about staples or paper clips but they are involved in a lot more than you're willing to admit to. I believe they are involved in decisions about how much to spend on the roster. I'm starting to think The Chief is a Lerner or maybe he's banging one of the Lerner granddaughters. So far, in my opinion, they have soiled the water in the hot tub.

click

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #246: June 24, 2009, 09:41:34 PM »
why didn't Acta save Dunn for the 9th against a RHP?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #247: June 24, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »
I know what that video is... and I call fake!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #248: June 24, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
no, Lerners must approve any decisions. Why do you think they didn't pony up enough money to get Crow? Surely it wasn't Bowden, Rizzo, Kasten or anyone else. The Lerners are in control of their own money. They didn't want to ante up anymore so they didn't and Crow went unsigned.

lol I love how you always present your opinions as facts with nothing to back them up.

I'm from Missouri.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #249: June 24, 2009, 09:43:03 PM »
Just imagine how much your support must mean to him :?

there are like three people here who support the lerners now.  i don't care if i beat the LAC drum louder than most of my buddies, i'm just voicing my opinion.