Author Topic: seeing dukes in a nationals uniform gives me chills of excitement!  (Read 18165 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business

chills.of.excitement.

dukes is built like a BEAST! he's seriously a monster.

Offline Obed_Marsh

:ballbat: :ballbat: :ballbat: :ballbat: :ballbat:

dukes first homer is def worth 5 of each!

Another smiley dies at the hands of ad block.

Offline Air Zimmerman

Yet you continue to christen Elijah Dukes, who has spend about 1/3 of a year in the majors, as the next Hank Aaron?

dukes versatile collection of talents are unmatched and not comparable to any major leaguer, past or present. the mlb has never seen a player that possesses the power, the speed, and the athleticism that dukes has.

Offline Hondo

Is this kid a robot?

dukes versatile collection of talents are unmatched and not comparable to any major leaguer, past or present. the mlb has never seen a player that possesses the power, the speed, and the athleticism that dukes has.

MrMadison

Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Alfonso Soriano, Alex Rodrigues, Bobby Bonds, Willie Mays, Ron Gant, and Sammy Sosa take issue with this statement.

that said, even *I* have had enough.

you sound like a girl with a teenage crush and absolutely no knowledge of baseball history.

Offline kimnat

at least he's sticking to his own thread and not polluting a bunch of others!  But both of you are right.

Offline Air Zimmerman

ok, even *I* have had enough.

you sound like a girl with a teenage crush and absolutely no knowledge of baseball history.

i seriously and honestly can't think of one player in baseball that has the power, the speed, and the athleticism that dukes has. like my sig says, he's an athletic freak of nature.

randy "the freak" moss is my favorite football player, and thats who i would compare him to in terms of freakishness.

MrMadison

Offline eckseid

Do you seriously love this guy or what? You're aware he threatened to kill his wife and kid's over the phone right?

Offline kimnat

google 30-30.

Look for the one related to baseball and not guns.  Just a hint...

Offline kimnat

Do you seriously love this guy or what? You're aware he threatened to kill his wife and kid's over the phone right?

Oh, please be careful.  We have all tried to explain that one and it's a pandora's box.

Offline eckseid

Oh, please be careful.  We have all tried to explain that one and it's a pandora's box.

Lol, sorry.. i'll leave it alone then.

MrMadison

I wonder if a few years from now, if Dukes behaves and tears it up on the field, how many people will continue to bring up "The Phone Call" as the reason he shouldn't win arbitration.

yes, EVERYONE knows he threatened to kill his wife and kids over the phone. EVERYONE knows. let's all root against him while he wears Nats colors  because of it, shall we?

that said, AZ acts like he's Dukes' new girlfriend.

Offline eckseid

W/e, doesn't change the fact that's the kinda person Dukes is.

Hopefully AZ doesn't start stalking Dukes.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

You really know nothing about baseball or its history, do you?

MrMadison

Hopefully AZ doesn't start stalking Dukes.

I think it is a little too late for that....

Offline UMDNats

If anyone gets the boot in the outfield, it will be Wily Mo. He's done zippy at the plate when I've seen him.

Offline sportsfan882

If anyone gets the boot in the outfield, it will be Wily Mo. He's done zippy at the plate when I've seen him.
He hit a longggggggg homer yesterday against Houston.  Maxwell, Milledge, Dukes, and Pena have all done well so far.  Still waiting on Kearns to break out though.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
AZ is a complete moron and the fact that he posts pictures of Dukes and talks about the chills multiplying all over his body have me suspicious that he may actually be Olivia Newton-John. 

Offline UMDNats

He hit a longggggggg homer yesterday against Houston.  Maxwell, Milledge, Dukes, and Pena have all done well so far.  Still waiting on Kearns to break out though.

Ah, ok. Glad to hear he still has that power.

Kearns has barely played so far, so it's not a big deal.

Now, if AK sucks the rest of ST and then starts off the year cold...he may get benched.

MrMadison

Now, if AK sucks the rest of ST and then starts off the year cold...he may get benched.

absolutely.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Alfonso Soriano, Alex Rodrigues, Bobby Bonds, Willie Mays, Ron Gant, and Sammy Sosa take issue with this statement.

Not to mention, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Dave Parker, Dave Kingman, Mickey Mantle, Harmon Killebrew, Mike Schmidt, Jimmy Foxx, Frank Robinson, Willie McCovey, Ted Williams and Ken Griffey to name a few more with a wee bit of power... Sadly, not a great amount of speed, then Dukes is really no speed demon either...  ;)

Offline mikehughes

It's kind of sad that you have to resort to acting like a tweeny fanboy because you seem to have half a brain sometimes, unlike your "I have a hard-on for speed" counterpart, mike hughes.

HELLO!!!
Still waiting to here what the freak this is all about??
Dont sissy away from the question punk

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Sorry.  Yurenell De Caster is amazing.  I take it back.

MrMadison

Sorry.  Yurenell De Caster is amazing.  I take it back.

Mike Bacsik is the greatest pitcher who has ever lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!one1111!!!!!!!!