Author Topic: it's official! nats vs braves 3/30 espn  (Read 2248 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: it's official! nats vs braves 3/30 espn
« Reply #25: December 16, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »
Looking at that video, the statements about "challenge" are nothing new. This is a very intense schedule. So a lot of work has to happen constantly to get the work done. There didn't seem to be any indication that new problems had arisen that would slow anything down. All the tough structural stuff is pretty much done, and it looks like the seat installation is right on the heels of every new section as it is completed.

BTW, the statement about 2000 seats was the idea that they need to install 2000 seats per week to get it all done. That's from the starting point. It is hard to tell if they are actually ahead on that. But over the course of the project, that seems about what they would need to average.

Yeah, I know.  Its just that whenever asked the status, we were told 'We're ahead of schedule, we'll be done in plenty of time'.  So to hear of this 'challenge' to be completed by what's now March; is a little disconcerting.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: December 16, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »
I think its dumb to have a test run the night before opening day. 

QFT

Yeah, I know.  Its just that whenever asked the status, we were told 'We're ahead of schedule, we'll be done in plenty of time'.  So to hear of this 'challenge' to be completed by what's now March; is a little disconcerting.

Let this be a lesson to you. Never believe anything Kasten says.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #27: December 16, 2007, 11:00:27 AM »

If you look back over any of the previous stories, the guys who are running the project have always emphasized the incredible challenge involved despite the positive reports that it is going along as planned. Given where things stand today, it doesn't appear there is any cause for alarm. But the push to have the games early is an interesting choice. There is no doubt that many cosmetic elements will be unfinished, and of course the whole parking thing will be a bit of a mess for a while.

arkymark

« Reply #28: December 16, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
Put me down in the delighted column.  It'll probably be cold and unpleasant and run til ridiculously late at night, so it will be a preview of what it's like to play in the World Serious.  Only taste we're going to get of that experience for a while I suspect.