Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 47702 times)

Offline NatsAddict

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #950: April 07, 2009, 12:52:11 AM »
From a Nats perspective, the 6 runs was a good thing, and there is another game tomorrow.  Nolasco wasn't his best, but his mediocre beats most guy's best, he was better than mediocre and the Nats punished him pretty well (though it did look like Kearns doubled in a run on strike 5 - I want to see that on the replay tonight since I was off to the side a bit at a stadium without a decent seat).

Same pitching, different year.  I'm guessing 80% fastballs to the Fish, and most of those very poorly executed.  The plate does have corners that can be painted.

Defensively, the Nats looked like the Fish of last year.  Dunn and Milledge looked lost out there.  Zimmerman did the Full Uggla.  At least Zimmerman will not have many games like this.  Nor will Bonifacio.

Speaking of Danny Boy, 0-4, only 1 K, and only 2 LOB.  No Errors?!?  A hellish day for his objectives - he's a full K, LOB, and an E behind his quota, though the Huevo Whiffer Swing showed some signs it is getting close to mid-season form.