Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1  (Read 47996 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #900: April 06, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
I can't wait until Zimmermann gets here.
I can't wait until a new manager/pitching coach gets here. I don't get why they cleaned out the entire coaching staff after last season except Acta and St. Claire. Why not get rid of everybody?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #901: April 06, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
about what...the loss?

About his performance specifically. Ace reporter, Debbi Taylor, asked him what happened, (gave him a few answers to choose from) and he agreed with the one that he just didn't have it. He was pretty choked up when responding and if the interview had continued instead of breaking for a commercial he might've gone over the edge.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #902: April 06, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »
sportsfan - what happened was, Zimmerman played like crap in every aspect. convienient that you 'didnt see it' but you saw everything dunn did, and you saw flores' late inning hit.

Could we possibly be seeing another frigid April/May from the "face"?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #903: April 06, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
Did he cry? Did he pull a Wily Mo?

He sounded like he was going to cry.

MrMadison

« Reply #904: April 06, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »
milledge played like crap, zimmerman played like crap, nj didnt really do much, and pretty much the entire pitching staff played like crap.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #905: April 06, 2009, 07:54:14 PM »
How about Steven Shell? What a stud he was on the bump today. :clap:

I like it how we sent two of our better relievers in AAA and kept bums like Shell, Tavarez, etc.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #906: April 06, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »
I can't wait until a new manager/pitching coach gets here. I don't get why they cleaned out the entire coaching staff after last season except Acta and St. Claire. Why not get rid of everybody?

I didn't see the beginning of the game, but I know we can't blame St. Claire for Shell's high and inside CURVE BALL to Hanley. :lol:  Every pitching coach wants his guys to keep pitches down. If our pitchers can't locate, it's mostly because they aren't very good. A pitching coach can only do so much.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #907: April 06, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
Could we possibly be seeing another frigid April/May from the "face"?

WAY too early to tell. Let's not start extrapolating stats just yet.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #908: April 06, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
I didn't see the beginning of the game, but I know we can't blame St. Claire for Shell's high and inside CURVE BALL to Hanley. :lol:  Every pitching coach wants his guys to keep pitches down. If our pitchers can't locate, it's mostly because they aren't very good. A pitching coach can only do so much.
it would be something if just one of our pitchers struggled against the Marlins. it's ALL OF THEM. and it's been going on for years. Why don't we watch tape of their hitters?

St. Claire's fault.

« Reply #909: April 06, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
He sounded like he was going to cry.

All I need now to complete the EPIC EMBARRASSMENT is to hear that "Nuts About the Nats" song on the radio.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #910: April 06, 2009, 07:57:58 PM »
Let me clarify my remarks re Lannan, I just rewound the interview and it wasn't as bad as I initially thought as to Lannan's emotions. He was down but wasn't anywhere near getting teary eyed.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #911: April 06, 2009, 07:59:25 PM »

I agree ronny. I've never been that down on St. Claire. I think it's amazing that we are able to get by with what we have. This team has never had anything close to an "ace". Our starters are guys that are 4 and 5 starters on most other teams. Our bullpen is mostly put together with pieces that no one else wanted. I'm amazed that we don't give up 12 runs on a nightly basis. I would love to see what St. Claire could do with a real staff.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #912: April 06, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
I'm just glad baseball is back. I'm going to continue to look forward to Nats games and I'm not going to be Mr. Negative over a few losses just like I wasn't overly optimistic after our nice start last season. I think this team has more potential to get into a nice flow than last year's team. That alone should get us some more wins.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #913: April 06, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »
what is this about Milledge missing a team meeting yesterday and being fined?

« Reply #914: April 06, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »

Oh you know. Doing his own thing...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #915: April 06, 2009, 08:14:57 PM »

Yeah, apparently he missed a team meeting on Sunday and will be fined.  One step closer to riding pine, hopefully.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #916: April 06, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
Oh you know. Doing his own thing...
unreal. the guy is clueless. I can't believe Manny still started him today. what about sending a message and benching his stupid ass? oh nevermind, Acta hasn't got a clue either.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #917: April 06, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Willie lead off for us 20+ times this season.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #918: April 06, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Willie lead off for us 20+ times this season.

its not like the offense is a problem- we scored more than enough runs to win with even mediocre pitching

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #919: April 06, 2009, 08:25:02 PM »
How about Steven Shell? What a stud he was on the bump today. :clap:

I like it how we sent two of our better relievers in AAA and kept bums like Shell, Tavarez, etc.
I'm confused.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #920: April 06, 2009, 08:25:04 PM »
:lol: I didnt even stop by here. Didnt bother to bring my laptop near the tv but damn this game was long.

Its 1 game out of 162. If your getting your panties in a twist over this game then good riddance to yah. Sure we looked crappy, crappy and even more crappy, but its just one game. Lets see how we do after the week to start throwing crap at our team.

Our bullpen team did pretty bad today, nothing more to say.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #921: April 06, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
its not like the offense is a problem- we scored more than enough runs to win with even mediocre pitching

That's definitely true.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #922: April 06, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »
go freak yourself manny. he just said "go check the numbers, no one can stop hanley".

stupid nag. Who gives a freak what the other teams do against Hanley? Your team bends over for him time and time again. they don't learn from their mistakes.

Yeah, Manny is going to lose this team if he keeps up that garbage. And once again, he shows he doesn't know how to manage a bullpen. Ledezma is awful, and not only does he let him stay out there and walk the bases loaded with Ramirez on deck, he then makes the pitching change right at that point. I'm not going to defend Shell's pitch placement, but to get to situation where a guy needs to make his first appearance on OD to face Ramirez with bases loaded is just ridiculous. Way to hang the guy out there. I still can't believe Ledezma is on this team.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #923: April 06, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
That's definitely true.
yep, the offense was decent today and could have been better if certain other guys stepped up. our pitching was just god awful.

I'm afraid Olsen won't be any better tomorrow. in fact he may fare worse than Lannan  :shock:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #924: April 06, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »
Yeah, Manny is going to lose this team if he keeps up that garbage. And once again, he shows he doesn't know how to manage a bullpen. Ledezma is awful, and not only does he let him stay out there and walk the bases loaded with Ramirez on deck, he then makes the pitching change right at that point. I'm not going to defend Shell's pitch placement, but to get to situation where a guy needs to make his first appearance on OD to face Ramirez with bases loaded is just ridiculous. Way to hang the guy out there. I still can't believe Ledezma is on this team.
him and Tavarez. Acta was fooled by meaningless ST numbers. Bergmann not making the team really puzzles me the most. I actually kind of trust him with a BP role. He was good this Spring and I think he could sustain success in the pen. Mock too.