Author Topic: Morgan - "... it feels good to be in a baseball city"  (Read 5555 times)

Offline Coladar

I've never been a member of the Morgan fan club. I don't give a crap how good a player is, I'm not a member of any player's fan club. I think he's an idiot and he is a bad baseball player but none of what he has done will make me hate him or any other player like this. That's ridiculous. But I have to  :lmao:  @ you talking all sorts of crap about Morgan and literally hating the man (I think you even posted that you hope a pig pitcher kicks his ass) yet you feel insulted by what he said.

I don't quite get the laughs or reasoning between the two. I'm guessing it's coming from a "You hate the guy, so why should anything he says surprise you or offend you/take anything he says to heart." I get that, which is why I've said if it turned people that loved him to hate him, what does it do to someone that already hated him?

But I do take offense at these comments. What we heard from Morgan when he came to DC was one thing. The fans in Pittsburg had turned on him, big shock there, and so we accepted it. The difference there is, the fans in DC never really turned on Morgan. The team never turned on Morgan, even. Let's look at his actions, first. He gets suspended a ridiculously long time, for ridiculous actions. Most every other team cuts him then and there. The Nats not only don't cut him, they start him the night he appeals his suspension! WTF? They even defend him in the press. Add in the season he had? An above average player might get cut by a team after everything he did last September. You factor in the season he had, the type of player he is career wise? The fact he didn't get cut, Morgan needs to consider a miracle. To spit in their faces after everything surrounding his suspension? The fact they started him the very next night?!? I've never seen a team support a player so clearly in the wrong so strongly in my life.

Then there's his awful play. Any sane team benches him last season, or moves him out of leadoff. Anyone with any intelligence moves him out of leadoff. But not the Nats. No, we keep him in leadoff. All season long. And it was a long season with Nyjer in leadoff. Then comes the Spring. Rizzo said in November Nyjer is our starting CF. At the start of ST, Riggleman says Nyjer is our CF. Then Nyjer comes into ST. And he looks exactly like he did last year, all year long. Horrible base running, bad defense, nearly getting into fights, and his offense was slightly below average. Meanwhile, he's got two guys who were expected to be bench guys, slightly outperforming him. Through this all, the fans supported him and rallied behind him, up until the day he was traded. And he insults them? So yeah, even though I had this morons number a year ago, those comments eat at me something fierce.

Even worse than that though is what he's saying about the team itself. They did more for him, put up with more from him, gave more chances to him, and let him depart on exceptionally good terms. They stuck with him for so incredibly long, and in the end just traded him... Not pulling a Patterson or Dukes, they just traded him, and not a surprise trade. After giving him an entire season that cost the team way more than one win. After his violent outbursts, his inside the park home run tantrum throwing his glove down, his awful base running, inability to get on base. Through it all the FO and manager stuck with him more than they have any other player, certainly more than any other team would have. And he has the balls to badmouth them after everything?  What, to earn some points in Milwaukee?

So yeah, I despised Morgan before this. And it's probably because of that and the fact everyone else supported him during that time, and he badmouths them now, that these comments piss me off even more than they piss off the people who cheered for him all along. In the grand scheme of things, this means next to nothing to me. He's one baseball player on a team I root for, and now he's not even that. But it's infuriating to say the least.