Author Topic: The Farm, revisions.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
The Farm, revisions.
« Topic Start: April 23, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
We were talking and instead of making a new thread every time we want to discuss a new prospect we could do something like this
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/forum/10-the-adopt-a-prospect-forum/
I would love to help set it up or help in anyway. I think this will help organize it a ton.

Sorry if I've been a bit overactive in my first days' back, I'm just excited.  :rofl:

Offline JMUalumni

Re: The Farm, revisions.
« Reply #1: April 23, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
Currently there are a lot of threads for single players (i.e. Destin Hood, Tom Milone), but people just kind of post in there when they want or if they even realize there is a single thread for it.  I think the SoSH concept is more geared towards having individual people keep a watch over a specific player for more in depth analysis, but also to a point where a single person becomes somewhat of an expert on the player.  The result, as I can ascertain, is a conglomerate of individuals reports on players that would serve as a valuable resource for the forum.

Just an idea, but personally I think if executed properly it could be a very nice addition.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #2: April 23, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »
Exactly, this is completely revolutionizing part of our board.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #3: April 24, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
no one?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: April 24, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
We don't have the manpower for that kind of thing, and I'd rather not further segment the board anyway.  If somebody wants to make a player-specific thread on their own, they're more than welcome.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #5: April 24, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
We don't have the manpower for that kind of thing, and I'd rather not further segment the board anyway.  If somebody wants to make a player-specific thread on their own, they're more than welcome.
Ok, that is pretty much the follow minor league thread anyway.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #6: April 25, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
What I'll do then is a "Prospect Master Link Thread" with links to the individual player discussion threads. That's a start and will not involve any coding or maintenance on the part of you or the other mods.

Offline blue911

« Reply #7: April 25, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
What I'll do then is a "Prospect Master Link Thread" with links to the individual player discussion threads. That's a start and will not involve any coding or maintenance on the part of you or the other mods.

or make Nathan do all the work.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #8: April 25, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
or make Nathan do all the work.
But he owes you a beer. I don't want to distract him from working hard at earning you a Flying Dog.

Offline blue911

« Reply #9: April 25, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
But he owes you a beer. I don't want to distract him from working hard at earning you a Flying Dog.

Hammonds owes me the beer, I owe Nathan an ass-whipping  :mg: