Author Topic: READ IT AND WEEP  (Read 1406 times)

nospinzone1

READ IT AND WEEP
« Topic Start: February 25, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »
.Interesting, and this is only one State...............
If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will!
From the L. A. Times

1.  40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2.  95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3.  75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4.  Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on  Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers. 

5.  Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.
(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County.)

(All 10 of the above are from the Los Angeles Times.)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.
Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida , and New York) results from immigration.
29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.     
We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Send copies of this letter to at least two other people: 100 would be even better

THINK  SEVERAL TIMES OVER, BEFORE YOU SAY "OK" TO LEGAL DOCUMENTS FOR ILLEGALS or UNDOCUMENTED CITIZENS LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES..!

Offline saltydad

Re: READ IT AND WEEP
« Reply #1: February 25, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
Per Snopes, This is a mixture of fact and fiction, mostly fiction. See as follows: http://snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp
NoSpin, you forgot to check again. :nono: :)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2: February 25, 2008, 10:56:59 PM »
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
What does this have to do with anything?  That doesn't even tell you the percentage of radio stations that are Spanish-speaking - horrible statistic.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: February 25, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: February 25, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »
I get the feeling that some of these items nospin gets via emails intentionally exaggerate and deceive for the express purpose of inciting people who are otherwise uninformed and are easily persuaded to support a specific agenda. Some of the numbers alone defy credibility.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #5: February 25, 2008, 11:41:23 PM »
While I think you may well be right, remember there is a percentage of the "uneducated" or "miseducated" who want to believe all this garbage. Look at the white supremacists, and the crazies (Weatherman, etc.) from the left back in the good old 60's.

edit- NoSpin, obviously I'm not putting you in the white supremacist category here. :) That doesn't refer to you. But you really need to question these things more before you post them.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #6: February 25, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »
Some of the stats are overblown but they present a valid point.  Illegal immigration is and has been a problem in this country.  Hopefully whoever takes over for Bush takes care of this issue in a timely matter.

nospinzone1

« Reply #7: February 25, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »
Per Snopes, This is a mixture of fact and fiction, mostly fiction. See as follows: http://snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp
NoSpin, you forgot to check again. :nono: :)

SALTY, MOST BE THE DARNED MEDICATIONS. CRS

nospinzone1

« Reply #8: February 25, 2008, 11:52:08 PM »
I get the feeling that some of these items nospin gets via emails intentionally exaggerate and deceive for the express purpose of inciting people who are otherwise uninformed and are easily persuaded to support a specific agenda. Some of the numbers alone defy credibility.

I AGREE THAT SOMETIMES I JUMP THE GUN WITHOUT CHECKING SNOPES, LIKE MY FRIEND SALTY POINTED OUT.

nospinzone1

« Reply #9: February 25, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »
While I think you may well be right, remember there is a percentage of the "uneducated" or "miseducated" who want to believe all this garbage. Look at the white supremacists, and the crazies (Weatherman, etc.) from the left back in the good old 60's.

edit- NoSpin, obviously I'm not putting you in the white supremacist category here. :) That doesn't refer to you. But you really need to question these things more before you post them.

I THOROUGHLY AGREE.

BESIDES I COULD NOT PICTURE MYSELF IN A WHITE ROBE.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #10: February 25, 2008, 11:56:13 PM »
Short of erecting alligator filled moats and land mines around our borders, this is going to be a problem as long as Mexico's economy is in the sorry state it's in. You don't see Canadian "snowbacks" do you? Should we shoot them all whenever we see them (as has on occasion been advocated by some of the Minuteman types)?  I really think "the wall" is a joke and makes us look as stupid as the Russians when they erected the Iron Curtain for the opposite reason.

Digression Alert!! As a wildlife conservationist, with special interests in the big cats (cougars and jaguars), the wall will prevent the reestablishment of the jaguar in the southwest. The Fish and Wildlife just made a bonehead decision not to publish a conservation plan for jaguars. Why? Because there are so many of them in the US? Hell no, because there are too few!! So we don't place animals on the endangered list and work to save the species because too many have already been killed off. :bang: Of course the real reason is that this administration wants nothing in the way of "the wall". 1/20/09 can't get here soon enough. :bang:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #11: February 26, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »
An illegal immigrant is an illegal immigrant.  I don't care what color, shape, size, they are.  I am proud of my county (Prince William) for taking the initiative to crack down on this issue and hopefully others start to follow suit. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #12: February 26, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »
An illegal immigrant is an illegal immigrant.  I don't care what color, shape, size, they are.  I am proud of my county (Prince William) for taking the initiative to crack down on this issue and hopefully others start to follow suit. 

Actually, unless you are a Native American, we all are illegal immigrants. So spare me the rightous palaver.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: February 26, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »
Actually, unless you are a Native American, we all are illegal immigrants. So spare me the rightous palaver.
I was born here.  That's all that matters.  Anyone who is born in this country is a citizen.  It's that simple.  If you were born elsewhere, tough luck.  That's your own problem.  It's not the U.S' fault that Mexico is pretty much a crap hole. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #14: February 26, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »
I was born here.  That's all that matters.  Anyone who is born in this country is a citizen.  It's that simple.  If you were born elsewhere, tough luck.  That's your own problem.

Yet being born in the US as the core of creating US citizenship has been criticized by the anti-immigration crowd because then the children of non-documented aliens are US citizens. So that can't be the basis of citizenship as far as they are concerned. I'm not sure what they feel a citizen should be. Sometimes I begin to feel that they feel anyone who is not an Hispanic can become a citizen. They cry no, we're not prejudiced, but come on, have you actually read the Minuteman literature?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #15: February 26, 2008, 01:25:57 AM »

First thing I did was verify the population of LA County.  It was just under 10 million in 2006.  By the time I'd finished, the Snopes link was posted.

Also, the LA Times isn't exactly reliable.  Heck, I can't think of one major US newspaper I would say I trust.

nospinzone1

« Reply #16: February 26, 2008, 05:36:09 AM »

THAT IS QUITE A STRETCH....TO ME ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. WE SHOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS OF LATIN AMERICAN, ESPECIALLY MEJICO.....IN CASE YOU GUYS DONT KNOW IT, MEJICO HAS GOT STRICTER ENFORCEMENT OF THEIR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. THEY DONT FOOL AROUND WITH THEM. THEY EITHER ARE IN JAIL WAITING DEPORTATION OR ARE DEPORTED. WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE A DEMOCRACY IN FAVOR OF PEOPLE FLEEING THEIR OWN CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS. LETS NOT CORRUPT OUR COUN TRY.

nospinzone1

« Reply #17: February 26, 2008, 05:37:51 AM »
First thing I did was verify the population of LA County.  It was just under 10 million in 2006.  By the time I'd finished, the Snopes link was posted.

Also, the LA Times isn't exactly reliable.  Heck, I can't think of one major US newspaper I would say I trust.

NOT MY PURPOSE AT ALL. SURE, I SHOULD CHECK THOSE THINGS WITH SNOPES, BUT I DO NOT DO IT INTENTIONALLY TO INCITE ANYTHING.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #18: February 26, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
THAT IS QUITE A STRETCH....TO ME ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. WE SHOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS OF LATIN AMERICAN, ESPECIALLY MEJICO.....IN CASE YOU GUYS DONT KNOW IT, MEJICO HAS GOT STRICTER ENFORCEMENT OF THEIR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. THEY DONT FOOL AROUND WITH THEM. THEY EITHER ARE IN JAIL WAITING DEPORTATION OR ARE DEPORTED. WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE A DEMOCRACY IN FAVOR OF PEOPLE FLEEING THEIR OWN CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS. LETS NOT CORRUPT OUR COUN TRY.

Think about what you just wrote here. People fleeing their own corrupt governments is why one set of my grandparents left Russia, and famine was their reason for the other set to leave Ireland. Indeed, you fled Cuba. While you may have gone through proper immigration procedures, as you know Cubans fleeing Fidel (a corrupt government if there ever was one) "only" have to land on land (the "wet feet/dry feet" policy). They don't wait for a visa, immigration papers, wait for years to be admitted. They just show up (after severe trials and tribulations). Sound a bit like the people fleeing the corrupt governments of Central and South America, eh? Except they are not sent back to Cuba if they have "dry feet".

nospinzone1

« Reply #19: February 26, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
NO MATTER WHAT SALTY, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS GREAT COUNTRY FLOODED WITH ILEGALS, THE JAILS ARE FOOL OF THESE ILEGALS AND BECAUSE OF IMMIGRATION BUT BECAUSE OF CRIMES. OPEN DOOR WILL MEAN THAT WE WILL BECOME A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY JUSTLIKE THEIRS.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #20: February 26, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »
My Grandparents had to be processed through Ellis Island before they could come in and get established. 

Forget LA, PW county probably has similar stats.  However, just because they are Latin, does not necessarily = ILLEGAL.  This issue is not as black and white as the media makes it out to be.  I don't think any issue is that extreme.

You have legal latins that are working towards citizenship or here on work visas.
You have legal and illegal latins with jobs who's companies take out taxes out of their paychecks just like ours.  So you can't say none of them pay taxes, some do.
You have ILLEGAL aliens who work, get only paid in cash, never pay taxes, never invest or put it in a bank and live off the system as poor.

nospinzone1

« Reply #21: February 26, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/page/mexico_immigrants

THIS I HAVE MENTIONED B EFORE....THE MEJICAN GOVERNMENT TREATS THEIR ILEGALS WORSE THAN WE DO THEIRS.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #22: February 26, 2008, 07:47:10 PM »
NOSPIN, while I think your sources are often suspect, I do feel your pain on this one. I don't think draconian, unrealistic, bumper-sticker solutions will be effective, but I do feel your pain. Illegal immigration is out of control, and it's gotten to be a septic wound in this country.

nospinzone1

« Reply #23: February 26, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »
NOSPIN, while I think your sources are often suspect, I do feel your pain on this one. I don't think draconian, unrealistic, bumper-sticker solutions will be effective, but I do feel your pain. Illegal immigration is out of control, and it's gotten to be a septic wound in this country.

YOU ARE RIGHT THAT SOMETIMES I JUMP THE GUN WITH MY SOURCES AND I SHOULD LEARN HOW TO CHECK WITH SNOPES SOME OF THOSE POSTINGS.

THIS LAST POSTING ABOUT THE MEJICAN GOVERNMENT IS NOTHING NEW. I HAVE KNOWN IT FOR A WHILE. WHAT A HIPOCRITICAL POSTURE OF THE MEJICAN GOVERNMENT AND THE PRO ILEGAL PEOPLE. WHILE THEY WANT THE MEJICANS NOT TO BE DEPORTED THEY ARE DOING IT IN MEJICO.

nospinzone1

« Reply #24: February 27, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
ORANGE COUNTY ( CALIFORNIA )  NEWSPAPER

This is a very good letter to the  editor. This woman made some good
points. For some reason,  people have difficulty structuring their
arguments when  arguing against supporting the currently proposed
immigration revisions. This lady made the argument pretty  simple.
NOT printed in the Orange County  Paper...................

Newspapers simply won't publish letters to the editor which  they
either deem politically incorrect (read below) or  which does not
agree with the philosophy they're pushing  on the public. This woman
wrote a great letter to the  editor that should have been published;
but, with your  help it will get published via  cyberspace!

New  Immigrants                        From: "David  LaBonte"

My  wife, Rosemary, wrote a wonderful letter to the editor of the  OC
Register which, of course, was not printed. So, I  decided to "print"
it myself by sending it out on the  Internet Pass it along if you
feel so  inclined.

Dave LaBonte  (signed)

Written in response to a series of letters to the editor in  the
Orange County   Register :

Dear  Editor:

So  many letter writers have based their arguments on how this  land
is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one,  suggests we should
tear down the Statue of Liberty because  the people now in question
aren't being treated the same  as those who passed through Ellis
Island and other ports  of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to  people
like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing  to accept this
new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in  1900 when there was a rush
from all areas of Europe to  come to the United States , people had to
get off a ship  and stand in a long line in New York and be
documented.  Some would even get down on their hands and knees and
kiss  the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and  support
their new country in good and bad times. They made  learning English
a primary rule in their new American  households and some even
changed their names to blend in  with their new  home.

They  had waved good bye to their birth place to give their  children
a new life and did everything in their power to  help their children
assimilate into one  culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no  labor
laws to protect them. All they had were the skills  and craftsmanship
they had brought with them to trade for  a future of prosperity. Most
of their children came of age  when World War II broke out. My father
fought along side  men whose parents had come straight over from
Germany ,  Italy , France and Japan . None of these 1st generation
Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents  had
come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler,  Mussolini and the
Emperor of Japan . They were defending  the United States of America
as one people. When we  liberated France, no one in those villages
were looking  for the French-American or the German-American or the
Irish-American. The people of France saw only Americans. And  we
carried one flag that represented one country. Not one  of those
immigrant sons would have thought about picking  up another country's
flag and waving it to represent who  they were. It would have been a
disgrace to their parents  who had sacrificed so much to be here.
These immigrants  truly knew what it meant to be an American. They
stirred  the melting pot into one red, white and blue  bowl.

And  here we are in 2008 with a new kind of immigrant who wants  the
same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve  it by playing
with
a different set of rules, one that  includes the entitlement card and a
guarantee of being  faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's
not
what being an American is all about. I believe that the  immigrants who
landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for
all
the toil, hard work and  sacrifice in raising future generations to
create
a land  that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a
better life . I think they would be appalled that they are  being used
as
an example by those waving foreign country  flags.

And  for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty,  it
happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on  the
immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about  dismantling the
United States just  yet.

(signed) Rosemary LaBonte