Author Topic: 2007 Washington Redskins Season Thread  (Read 37892 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Re: 2007 Redskins discussion thread
« Reply #25: September 18, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »
Now here's a real oxymoron! credibility= cowboys fan

*looks at avi*

what is tha fascination with this board and cats. lion, fat cats, and even threads about somethin for tha kittens. sheesh!!!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #26: September 18, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »
*looks at avi*

what is tha fascination with this board and cats. lion, fat cats, and even threads about somethin for tha kittens. sheesh!!!

Doesn't have to be cats, I just love cats. But it could be dogs, or kids, or dogs and kids....

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #27: September 18, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »
That call at that time was brilliant and it caught the Eagles off guard. Campbell just misfired on the throw. It otherwise would've been a sweet dagger to the Eagles and their fans.

I was not looking to see three runs and a punt, but it would have been more effective, if that's what they had actually done.  The Redskins could have thrown a series of passes that were 5 to 12 yards long.  It would have been almost as hard to cover as a bomb, and served to open up the run, once they saw that we were doing it.  A field goal alone would have iced the game.  The Eagles would have been more likely to throw an interception if they had less clock because we ate it up, and forced them to burn all their timeouts.  I was amazed at how poorly the Skins managed the clock, and how they never had more than one play called in a hurry up situation.  If they have communication problems, they should have a contingency plan, where Campbell calls the plays himself, and already knows how to run the drill.  He knows how the game is played already.

I think the Eagles were the ones who learned that drinking pickle juice before games prevented cramps.  Randle El was on an IV in the 4th quarter because of cramps.  McNabb really looks like his latest surgery has slowed him down considerably.  Refusing to pay Stallworth or to obtain a top WR is going to cost the Eagles this year. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #28: September 18, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »
The playcalling was kind of foolish at some points.  I agree that the attempt at the bomb down the field was puzzling, but it wasn't a bad call since it obviously caught the Eagles off guard.

What I don't like is how predictable the run plays tend to be.  I counted at least 4 times where they ran this generic running play right up the gut with Portis where Campbell faked a reverse.  The defense NEVER bit on the fake reverse.  After about the third time, I was screaming, "THAT PLAY DOESN'T F***ING WORK, NOW STOP RUNNING IT!"  Of course they did it again. :roll: The play calling was just so vanilla.  I only really noticed one play action all night.  They're going to have to do more to keep opposing defenses off guard.

Oh, and about Metssuck, like spidernat said, ignore the Cowpies troll.  Let him start a 2007 Cowboys thread where he can discuss football with himself.

"DID YOU SEE THA HIT RYO WILLMIAS JUST PUT ON ELI!?!!!"

"Yeah whata platy!"

Offline eckseid

« Reply #29: September 21, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »
I know some people have already seen them, but for those who haven't:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/09/taylors_hair_and_the_new_unis.html

The throwback's the 'skins will be wearing this sunday

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: September 21, 2007, 08:25:52 PM »
Ohhh SWEET!

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #31: September 21, 2007, 09:55:26 PM »
Should that jersey read "KILMER"?

I use to have a bumper sticker that read "I root for the Redskins and I like Kilmer"  I didn't have a car, so it just hung on a wall in my bedroom.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #32: September 22, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »
I'm not crazy about the unis, but I love the helmets.

I'm totally stoked for this Sunday's game.  I'm hoping for a really great performance from Campbell against that weak Giants defense.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #33: September 22, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
I'm not crazy about the unis, but I love the helmets.

I'm totally stoked for this Sunday's game.  I'm hoping for a really great performance from Campbell against that weak Giants defense.

I love the uni's, I hope they wear them more than just one game.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #34: September 22, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
Should that jersey read "KILMER"?

I use to have a bumper sticker that read "I root for the Redskins and I like Kilmer"  I didn't have a car, so it just hung on a wall in my bedroom.

Me Too!  Cool!

Actually there were 2 bumper stickers.  One was "I root for Washington and I like Billy"   :icon_mrgreen:

The other "I root for Washington and I like Sonny"   :|

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #35: September 23, 2007, 01:37:24 AM »

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #36: September 23, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
My fav teams in order:

49ers
Patriots
Redskins

After that, I tend to root for the sleepers like Houston, but that's about it.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #37: September 23, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
My fav teams in order:

49ers
Patriots
Redskins

After that, I tend to root for the sleepers like Houston, but that's about it.
Think the Niners can make it close today?  They are 10 point dogs and I was thinking of betting on them with the points. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #38: September 23, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
Think the Niners can make it close today?  They are 10 point dogs and I was thinking of betting on them with the points. 

That's a tough one. It's only been 2 games, so I'm not ready to believe that the Steelers can consistently put up points yet.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #39: September 23, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »
What a sad, sad loss tonight. Gave up our 17-3 first half lead to the below average Giants. We should NOT have run the exact same play at the end there. We had plenty of time to calm down and run the real redzone offense (Portis/Cooley) . Hate this kind of loss right before the week off. Oh well, hopefully they learn.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #40: September 23, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
Can't imagine a worse loss... The Nats haven't had a loss even half as disheartening as that all year.  This team is mediocre and is nothing more than an 8-8 or 7-9 team.  Campbell has a lot of work to do and the defense is way too conservative.  The coaching staff is the worst in the NFL and that is the primary reason why we are just an average team. 

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #41: September 23, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
Can't imagine a worse loss... The Nats haven't had a loss even half as disheartening as that all year.  This team is mediocre and is nothing more than an 8-8 or 7-9 team.  Campbell has a lot of work to do and the defense is way too conservative.  The coaching staff is the worst in the NFL and that is the primary reason why we are just an average team. 

Need a better offensive coordinator or somethin. Yall were so predictable in tha second half.
Run, Run, pass, punt. And i think yall should've went for it on first goal at tha end instead of spiking tha ball. There was plenty of time on tha clock. Portis isn't dependable . He keeps gettin hurt. Redskins will be 6-10 this season

MrMadison

« Reply #42: September 23, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #43: September 23, 2007, 08:19:42 PM »

MrMadison

« Reply #44: September 23, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

it's only week 3. don't worry. the skins will be 6-10 soon enough.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #45: September 23, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »
And the Gints will be 4-12.

I'm totally with you, sportsfan.  That was such a crappy loss.  I hope this isn't the 2003 team all over again.

I don't blame the defense for that at all.  There's only so much they can do when they're on the field that much.  The offense couldn't sustain a second-half drive.  They had phenomenal field position TWICE and couldn't muster a single point from it.

I really hate our coaching staff.  I hope they go after Cowher in the offseason.

MrMadison

« Reply #46: September 23, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
And the Gints will be 4-12.

that's a very real possibility.  the Giants defense is terrible.

but I'm just gonna enjoy this W, cause the Giants needed it.

nospinzone1

« Reply #47: September 23, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »
What a sad, sad loss tonight. Gave up our 17-3 first half lead to the below average Giants. We should NOT have run the exact same play at the end there. We had plenty of time to calm down and run the real redzone offense (Portis/Cooley) . Hate this kind of loss right before the week off. Oh well, hopefully they learn.

FORGET EVEN TO THINK ABOUT PLAYOFFS...THEY ARE SHOWING THEY ARE NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM. THE WAY THEY LOST TODAY IS SHAMEFUL.

nospinzone1

« Reply #48: September 23, 2007, 09:54:07 PM »
it's only week 3. don't worry. the skins will be 6-10 soon enough.

OR WORSE

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #49: September 23, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »

Brian Mitchell's post-game analysis, on Comcast SportsNet, of the Redskins loss was spot-on accurate in every respect.  They should make HIM the head coach.  By contrast, Gibbs and his defensive coordinator came across as clueless old men, who are only here to collect big paychecks.  Gibbs statement that we should "expect every week to be a dogfight" is an admission that:
(a) He has NO expectation of slaughtering weak teams.
(b) He has no idea WHY he lost, which is why he will CONTINUE to lose.
(c) The Redskins will probably LOSE to the Lions after a bye week, and will lose to any other team that can mount a credible offense.