Author Topic: 2007 Washington Redskins Season Thread  (Read 37861 times)

nospinzone1

Re: 2007 Redskins discussion thread
« Reply #100: October 08, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »
SEEMS MCCARDLE WILL BE A BIG HELP

Offline eckseid

« Reply #101: October 09, 2007, 09:03:39 AM »
Jason Campbell will be on ESPN First Take this morning.

Also, vote for Andre Carter for defensive player of the week: http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #102: October 14, 2007, 01:08:10 PM »
Good feature on Campbell on FOX NFL Sunday.

Go Skins!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #103: October 14, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »
man **** this.. I've never seen such a disgusting performance in my life.. The Skins should have won this game easily instead they lose because of stupid, heartless play.  The D gave the offense chance after chance and the offense failed everytime.  Moss should be put on the IR for the rest of the season.  I cannot believe we handed the game to GB.  Favre played like ****. 

****ING HORRIBLE.  This team does the same damn thing every game.  They get a lead and just sit on it and stop trying to score.  They'll never ****ing learn.  The season is a wash.  They might finish 7-9 or 8-8 but they won't make the playoffs. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #104: October 14, 2007, 04:15:11 PM »
Joe Gibbs is a freaking disaster. He is clueless when it comes to time management. And the team continues to come out of the locker room after the half to lay an egg. The play calling was disgusting, especially on 3rd and short situations. Moss and Portis killed us today. Taylor dropped 3 interceptions. And of course we lost 3 more offensive linemen to injury today.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #105: October 14, 2007, 04:43:47 PM »
I would like to praise one person for their play today and on the season, Jason Campbell. He has been more than solid for the Skins all season and would be even more impressive if he had receivers that could catch and an o-line that could block.   

Offline spidernat

« Reply #106: October 14, 2007, 04:48:24 PM »
JC has been more than adequate. The OL, contrary to what they want people to believe, is not a brutal smash mouth type of OL (even before the injuries). If they were they wouldn't be trying to run outside the tackles, especially on short yardage situations. But that stupid play in the flat they failed on (once on 3rd and another on 4th) reminded me of the playbook when Brunell was at the helm. Aside from the Detroit game they have not been able to score much in the second half.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #107: October 14, 2007, 06:05:58 PM »
You guys said it. JC was great. Portis and Moss looked scared, and Cooley and Randel El needed to get more opportunities...especially in the second half. Defense was awesome, too. It's back, IMO.

Positive note: Outside of the coaching, the mistakes today were mostly made by guys coming back from injury or not 100%. It's an excuse, but that works for me.

I said from the beginning that we need to go 3-1 this month. It could still happen :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #108: October 14, 2007, 07:15:42 PM »
You guys said it. JC was great. Portis and Moss looked scared, and Cooley and Randel El needed to get more opportunities...especially in the second half. Defense was awesome, too. It's back, IMO.

Positive note: Outside of the coaching, the mistakes today were mostly made by guys coming back from injury or not 100%. It's an excuse, but that works for me.

I said from the beginning that we need to go 3-1 this month. It could still happen :?
No chance in hell we will even play close against New England.  Mismatch if I ever saw one.  Winning next week against Arizona who doesn't have a QB (Tim Rattay  :-[) is meaningless. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #109: October 14, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »
No chance in hell we will even play close against New England.  Mismatch if I ever saw one.  Winning next week against Arizona who doesn't have a QB (Tim Rattay  :-[) is meaningless. 

It may be meaningless as far as what it says about the team but it is of the essence as far as the standings.

nospinzone1

« Reply #110: October 14, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »
ARE OUR HIGHLIGHT RECEIVERS NOT AS GOOD AS THEIR PRESS RELEASES? THIS GAME SHOULD HAVCE BEEN WON BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS. THIS HIGH FALUTING RECEIVERS , AND OVERPAID, SEEM TO HAVE JELLY IN THEIR HANDS. THE SEDOND , SOCALLED, TIER RECEIVERS ARE MUCH BETTER. AND IT SEEMS THAT GIBBS AND BUGEL HAVE LET THE GAME PASS THEM BY. BAD TIME MANAGFEMENT, BAD TIMEOUT MANAGEMENT. SEEMS THE YOUNGER COACHES ARE OUTFOXING THEM.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #111: October 14, 2007, 08:31:51 PM »
It may be meaningless as far as what it says about the team but it is of the essence as far as the standings.
Yep that's what I meant.  Of course they have to win the game but it's not a statement game like today's game was or the New England game will be.  We've beat a winless Miami team, an overrated Lions team, and an over the hill Eagles team. 

Here's how I see the rest of the season playing out:
VS Cardinals Win
@ Patriots Loss
@ Jets Win
VS Eagles Loss
@ Cowboys Loss
@ TB Loss 
VS Bills Win
VS Bears Loss
@ Giants Loss
@ Vikings Win
VS Cowboys Loss
= 7-9

nospinzone1

« Reply #112: October 14, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
IF LUCKY. SEEMS THAT I WROTE SOLMETHING AFTER THE THIRD GAME THAT THIS WAS NOT A PLAYOFF TEAM. PORTIS SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED BANGED UP AS WELL AS SANTANA MOSS. THOSE TWO SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THEIR GOOD PRESS. THE PLACE TO PROVE IT IS ON THE FIELD. BRING BACK MARTY SHUTHEIMER.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #113: October 14, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
My Predictions:

VS Cardinals Win
@ Patriots Loss
@ Jets Win
VS Eagles Win
@ Cowboys Loss
@ TB Win 
VS Bills Win
VS Bears Win
@ Giants Loss
@ Vikings Win
VS Cowboys Win

11-5 :)

nospinzone1

« Reply #114: October 14, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »
My Predictions:

VS Cardinals Win
@ Patriots Loss
@ Jets Win
VS Eagles Win
@ Cowboys Loss
@ TB Win 
VS Bills Win
VS Bears Win
@ Giants Loss
@ Vikings Win
VS Cowboys Win

11-5 :)

AND DONKEYS FLY!

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #115: October 14, 2007, 09:13:08 PM »
Ugly, ugly, ugly.  F*** this team.  Why do I continue to subject myself to this abuse?  They've given me nothing in 11 years.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #116: October 14, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »
because you are a true fan!

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #117: October 14, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »
Because I am an idiot.  Because I am a sucker.  Because I do the same thing every week, expecting a different result, which is the very definition of insanity.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #118: October 14, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »
That's also the definition of a diehard fan!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #119: October 14, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »
That's also the definition of a diehard fan!

That's me :? But I'll be back next week at Fed Ex getting rowdy for my Burgundy and Gold  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #120: October 15, 2007, 10:57:34 AM »
A serious concern for me, and the flip side of the coin of their pathetic second half play, is they way they have clearly outplayed teams in the first half (controlling the time of possession and limiting their opponents to 23 points, 2 TD's, in 5 games!) yet have failed to go into the locker room at the half with significant leads to make teams one dimensional, thus more predictable and vulnerable. They were actually trailing against the Dolphins but should've been up by at least 10. They have led in every other game and actually pushed a couple of teams around in the first half but failed to capitalize on scoring chances.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #121: October 15, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
My biggest problem with the team is that they seem to think they need to be multi-multi-dimensional. Things work, they go away from them. Sellers goes on a tear, they don't give him the ball again. Cooley's hot, they start throwing down field to receivers that are cold as ice. Portis looks hobbled, like a shell of his former self - hey, give him another series! It's like someone's trying to prove something about the playbook - a lot like the defense was doing last year before Greg Williams wised up and realized that players DO matter.

I'd like to see them play Redskins football. Give it to Sellers, let him run behind the tight ends and get 8 yards. And again. And again. Throw over the middle to Cooley. And again. Back to Sellers. Wear the opposition's defense out. OWN the opposition's defense.

And I'd like to see someone ******* in charge at the end of the game. I'm so sick and tired of the play by play and color guys - and Sam and Sonny - out-coaching the coaches.
A serious concern for me, and the flip side of the coin of their pathetic second half play, is they way they have clearly outplayed teams in the first half (controlling the time of possession and limiting their opponents to 23 points, 2 TD's, in 5 games!) yet have failed to go into the locker room at the half with significant leads to make teams one dimensional, thus more predictable and vulnerable. They were actually trailing against the Dolphins but should've been up by at least 10. They have led in every other game and actually pushed a couple of teams around in the first half but failed to capitalize on scoring chances.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #122: October 21, 2007, 12:02:11 AM »
Well, Capitals and DC United both had ugly home losses tonight (to Penguins and Crew respectively)...Redskins had better rescue the issue this afternoon vs Cardinals.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #123: October 21, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »
Well, Capitals and DC United both had ugly home losses tonight (to Penguins and Crew respectively)...Redskins had better rescue the issue this afternoon vs Cardinals.
They better win or their season will be done.  You Can't lose to the Cardinals without a QB at home if you want to make the playoffs.     

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #124: October 21, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
I thought they were already done because, you know, they're going 7-9 and losing at home to the Eagles like you said?