Author Topic: MLB TV and a macbook...  (Read 1425 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

MLB TV and a macbook...
« Topic Start: May 21, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
Anyone out there have a macbook and a subscription to MLB.TV?  I just bought a macbook and am trying to get it all set up and working. However, MLB.TV doesn't work with quicktime.  I'm supposed to be able to download Windows Media Player so I can watch Nats games again.  But, I can't figure out how to install it.  I've got it downloaded but I can't figure out  how to install it.  Anyone have any experience in this area?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: MLB TV and a macbook...
« Reply #1: May 21, 2007, 11:28:39 PM »
I honestly didn't even know there was windows media player for Mac OS :(

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #2: May 21, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
Yeah, you can get compatible windows programs (windows media player, word, excel, etc...) for macs, just like you can get you can get mac programs compatible for windows (itunes, quicktime, etc...).

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: May 21, 2007, 11:37:41 PM »
Well I knew you could get office and IE for macs, I just didn't think they had WMP for macs.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #4: May 22, 2007, 01:42:42 AM »
Anyone out there have a macbook and a subscription to MLB.TV?  I just bought a macbook and am trying to get it all set up and working. However, MLB.TV doesn't work with quicktime.  I'm supposed to be able to download Windows Media Player so I can watch Nats games again.  But, I can't figure out how to install it.  I've got it downloaded but I can't figure out  how to install it.  Anyone have any experience in this area?

I don't own a Mac, but because MLB.TV uses WMV, you'll need a program called "Flip4Mac" which is basically a WMV add-on for Quicktime that will let you view MLB-TV streams on your Mac.

You can get Flip4Mac here: http://www.flip4mac.com/

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: May 23, 2007, 12:55:50 AM »
I don't own a Mac, but because MLB.TV uses WMV, you'll need a program called "Flip4Mac" which is basically a WMV add-on for Quicktime that will let you view MLB-TV streams on your Mac.

You can get Flip4Mac here: http://www.flip4mac.com/

That worked!  thanks.  I can watch the Nats again!  I was w/o my computer for about three weeks.  it was tough to follow the team, but I'm back now!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: May 23, 2007, 01:55:02 AM »
Glad I could help... Here's to you watching plenty of wins

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #7: May 23, 2007, 07:03:09 AM »
MLB.TV kicks ass!  Especially for those who get the Red Sox on TV. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #8: May 23, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »
What's worse, having to watch the Red Sox who play really good baseball every day or having to watch the Royals who ummm...don't?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #9: May 23, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
What's worse, having to watch the Red Sox who play really good baseball every day or having to watch the Royals who ummm...don't?

I wouldn't watch a Red Sox game to save my life (unless they were playing the Nationals). 

Which bring up a point to be made.  How many people absolutely HATE the Royals, or the Pirates, or the Devil Rays?  Not many.  How many people absolutely HATE the Red Sox, or the Yankees, or the Mets?  A ton.  So I guess it's a good thing when people hate your team.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #10: May 23, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »
That's true, I'd rather be hated than to not have anyone care.  I guess to most people we're in that same boat, but the Royals can be just brutal at times.