Author Topic: 2016 Thank You Game - Free Exhibition Game on April Fools'  (Read 2802 times)

Offline santanaf

Just got a Valentine's Day card from the Nats and it includes 2 free GA tickets to a 4/1 Exhibition game against the Twins.

I would love if this is an awesomely elaborate April Fools' joke. When we'll get there Dan Snyder will be greeting fans at the gate saying, "Did you really think the Lerners would be giving away FREE tickets to everyone?!?!?!"

Anyhow, I like it. Looks like you get go wander the park and watch from any given available seat.

Not pictured are 2 actual GA tickets. Funny that http://www.nationals.com/thankyougame doesn't actually exist yet at time of posting. : Up now

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Camillo hinted at a special Valentin'e Day gift to SPH at the recent Hote Stove event.

I like attending the exhibition games so I can check out what's new at the park without having to deal with the Opening Day crowds.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Just got a Valentine's Day card from the Nats and it includes 2 free GA tickets to a 4/1 Exhibition game against the Twins.

I would love if this is an awesomely elaborate April Fools' joke. When we'll get there Dan Snyder will be greeting fans at the gate saying, "Did you really think the Lerners would be giving away FREE tickets to everyone?!?!?!"

Anyhow, I like it. Looks like you get go wander the park and watch from any given available seat.

Not pictured are 2 actual GA tickets. Funny that http://www.nationals.com/thankyougame/ doesn't actually exist yet at time of posting.

Something is funny with your URL, it does not work when I click on it, but when I typed it in I got redirected to this site: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/valentinesday.jsp (They have a FAQ list, even though the site went live today, how can there be frequently asked questions if nobody knew about the event to ask a question?)

This game is for SPH's only, no tickets will be sold. No reserved seating so I can imagine that there will be line when the gates open for people who want to run down and sit in the Chicken Man's seats. Only the 100 level and the 200s by the Shake Shack will be open.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Second prize is four free tickets to see the Twins.

Online Natsinpwc

Why don't they just let everyone in free. Not much of a reward for season ticket holders.
LAC.

Offline Baseball is Life

Camillo has really stepped up the benefits for SPHs.  Not just the number of benefits but the quality too. The Hot Stove event, Winterferst, Fan Photo Day, were all recent events that were done well.

She's energetic, has lots of great ideas, and is not afraid to try them.

Offline wj73

Camillo has really stepped the benefits for SPHs. 

Maybe for half and full season holders. She's pretty much gutted the bennies for partial plan holders.

Offline Baseball is Life

Maybe for half and full season holders. She's pretty much gutted the bennies for partial plan holders.

Could be. I was speaking from the viewpoint of full season plan holders.

But does anyone know if partial plan holders got the Valentine's Day gift? I think so, but I'm not sure.

Offline cjones

But does anyone know if partial plan holders got the Valentine's Day gift? I think so, but I'm not sure.

I am a partial plan holder and received 3 free exhibition game tickets today - the number of tickets in my plan.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
They are playing 2 games this preseason at Nats Park vs the Twins, we were forced to buy the other one at full price.

Online Natsinpwc

They are playing 2 games this preseason at Nats Park vs the Twins, we were forced to buy the other one at full price.
That's quite a deal.  :rofl:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Funny, maybe my spam blocker has knocked it down, but I have not gotten an email about the offer yet. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
For my half season plan I got charged full price for 42 games, the game listing on the Nats Plus site includes the 4/2 exhibition game for both half season plans, so I was charged full price for this game. In my invoice from last August I was offered the chance to buy tickets for the 4/2 game for "half price" (the charge listed in the offer was closer to 25% of the price I was charged with my plan).

The invoice mentions that "The Friday [4/1] game is included in your plan". Kind of taking away the thrill of getting something free now since we were told it was included six months ago.

It appears that the Nats may have changed the plan so that both games are included. The decision to give tickets away for the 4/1 game is likely due to the lack of interest in the 1/2 price tickets. So for anyone who paid for the "second exhibition game special offer" I'm assuming that they got charged for full priced tickets as part of their 42 games plus the extras at half price.

Edit: In the past the exhibition game was half price, this year they have effectively made it buy one get one free. I always use the future game exchange program to swap the exhibition game for a real game and I'm sure I'll do the same thing this year for the 4/2 game. The 4/1 game is not listed on StubHub, they have a partnership with the team so it is likely that the Nats did not make that game available for exchange. I would not be surprised if there is a higher demand for this game due to the general admission seating and ticket groups having more members who want to attend than tickets allotted.

Edit: Saw a rumor on Twitter that the Nats will have Giolito pitch the 4/1 game.

Edit: A night game on 4/1 will have low temps, why not turn on the heat in the Stars and Stripes Club and allow fans to hang out in the comfort of the bar areas?

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season_plans.jsp

Offline Baseball is Life

I am a partial plan holder and received 3 free exhibition game tickets today - the number of tickets in my plan.

Are you sure that's three tickets? One of them looks like a ticket but is a card stub.

I have control of 3 full season plans and 8 tickets but I only got two tickets to the game.

The other Twins game is at full cost. Not happy about that because a while back they used to charge half price for that game.

EDIT: I just got another letter with four more tickets so maybe it is one ticket for this game for each SPH ticket.

Offline cjones

Are you sure that's three tickets? One of them looks like a ticket but is a card stub.

I have control of 3 full season plans and 8 tickets but I only got two tickets to the game.

The other Twins game is at full cost. Not happy about that because a while back they used to charge half price for that game.

EDIT: I just got another letter with four more tickets so maybe it is one ticket for this game for each SPH ticket.

I definitely received the 3 tickets PLUS the card stub.  BTW - as a Partial Plan holder, I've always been required to pay the full price for the exhibition game. 

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Funny, maybe my spam blocker has knocked it down, but I have not gotten an email about the offer yet. 

There was no eMail on this one, just showed up.

Offline Count Walewski

It would be neat if they had a Denard Span tribute video before this game, covering his highlights from both Minnesota and Washington.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
This game is for SPH's only, no tickets will be sold.

Reversing the original announcement, the Nats have put general admission tickets on sale for Friday for $10 each. No longer an exclusive event.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Got the ticket but it was burnt to a slate-grey crisp in our department's anthrax scanner (the card with Teddy on it survived though).

• babble on
I guess you don't have camembert mailed to the office
Got the ticket but it was burnt to a slate-grey crisp in our department's anthrax scanner (the card with Teddy on it survived though).

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I guess you don't have camembert mailed to the office

[not into cheese but]

I've always had my Nats season tickets sent to my office (at a cabinet department headquarters) to avoid guessing games with the shipping services over mandatory delivery-confirmation signatures and stuff like that (it's silly to take a day off and stay home all day just on the off chance the delivery people will turn up that day). Accidents like this happen but fortunately not so often as to really affect the larger picture.

(Probably the worst such case I had was in 2009 when I was still a Redskins STH; FedEx tried to deliver my STH pack while I was at work and the delivery person tore out the blank on the delivery ticket where I could indicate that he could leave the package without my signature - so I had to blow $40 on a cab ride to FedEx's delivery centre (since I don't drive) and pick it up there - personnel there said they were having problems with one of their delivery people who was constantly doing that to the delivery tickets.)

Offline ajk9hy

The Nats FO once again figures out a way to screw STH. Cool.

Offline Baseball is Life

I don't see on the Nats website where they're selling tickets but if they are then it's really a slap in the face to SPH.

Add this to the limits on partners and they are beginning to rub me the wrong way. #notsunshinesquad

• babble on
Yes and no:
Q. Can I purchase extra tickets?
A. Yes. With a $10/ticket donation to the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation you may purchase additional tickets on April 1 at the Main Box Office.
I don't see on the Nats website where they're selling tickets but if they are then it's really a slap in the face to SPH.

Add this to the limits on partners and they are beginning to rub me the wrong way. #notsunshinesquad

Offline Baseball is Life

Yes and no:
Q. Can I purchase extra tickets?
A. Yes. With a $10/ticket donation to the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation you may purchase additional tickets on April 1 at the Main Box Office.

I guess if it's for the Dream Foundation, then it's OK. But, hell, they should have asked for a bigger donation.