Author Topic: The Cycling Thread - 2012 Edition  (Read 44447 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: The Cycling Thread - 2012 Edition
« Reply #500: May 20, 2012, 08:21:36 PM »
Cruised by REI Fairfax today, what a mob scene.  "Biggest sale of the year" was packing them in.  Line fully across the store, though they are very quick at processing transactions.  20% off one item!

But I digress.

Finally cracked open the dividend and bought a pair of Look pedals and Shimano shoes for my road bike.  I woold never have guessed the French were so bad at translating to English (Look instruction manual) but eventually figured it out, and went for a short ride in the neighborhood.

It then dawned on me that I had never learned to exit the clips.     :-[ :-[ :-[

But being a man of considerable intellect, I simply cruised onto my soft green lawn, then gave a mighty tug, congratulating myself on my foresight.    :bow:

Unfortunately, I failed to factor in the Adirondack chairs to my left and so the only way to fall once I realized I wasn't escaping the clips was to the right, onto my blacktop driveway.    :clown:

I immediately took stock of the situation, and gratefully nobody saw me fall.    :pray: :thumbs:

Eventually I extricated myself from the predicament (took the shoes off my feet)   :lol:  and set about solving the riddle.

At the risk of Coladaring the thread, let's just say I figured it out and successfully made another test run.    :clap: :bow: