Author Topic: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 2  (Read 17523 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 2
« Reply #300: June 24, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
you better take that down before the Chief sees it.

whats wrong with it?  i'm not calling him a bad word?  if he wants it removed, i'll kindly take it down, but i don't see any harm in it.  (it's the truth imo)

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #301: June 24, 2009, 10:17:11 PM »
Can Masterson close?  If he can I wonder if the Nats could get him for Nick Johnson?  I don't think the Sox will part will Del Carmen.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #302: June 24, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »
Olsen didn't have a "good outing" tonight you moronic reporter. :?

it wasn't awful like his previous ones but it was far from good.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #303: June 24, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »

i watched more of that game than i did the nats - after all we're used to watching minor league ball - and olsen got hit around pretty good although he did damage control.  but i doubt that translates into success up here.  that's probably a 4 ER night up here.  i do like the 5 k's though.  all in all a so-so night.  j-max is en fuego.  

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #304: June 24, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »

Manny even said it was a good outing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #305: June 24, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
i watched more of that game than i did the nats - after all we're used to watching minor league ball - and olsen got hit around pretty good although he did damage control.  but i doubt that translates into success up here.  that's probably a 4 ER night up here.  i do like the 5 k's though.  all in all a so-so night.  j-max is en fuego. 
Manny even said it was a good outing.
I watched it too. He gave up 8 hits and it could have been 10+ had it not been for a few good defensive plays.

He's too hittable to have success in the Majors. He will get raked on up here.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #306: June 24, 2009, 11:59:34 PM »
Just back from the game, at the risk of sounding like Manny, I continue to be impressed with the way our guys come in every night and just BATTLE. They don't role over, they don't give up, heck, they really don't think the Red Sox are any better than they are.

Great game tonight, never give up, we'll take 'em tomorrow!

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #307: June 25, 2009, 12:10:50 AM »
They don't role over

Neither do Stephen Strasberg or Alphonso Soriano (or Ahston Kutcher for that matter).

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #308: June 25, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »
Can Masterson close?  If he can I wonder if the Nats could get him for Nick Johnson?  I don't think the Sox will part will Del Carmen.

Long term, they think Masterson will be a starter. Used him when Dice-K was on the DL the first time.  But he was talked about as a potential closer when the Santana deal was on the table.  At this point, barring injury, they probably would not be interested in Nick.  The Rangers look like a more viable option.

Galah - the Nats had some good at bats against some good pitchers.  Stammen seemed to fall apart quickly.  Perfect for 3, then hit walk homer hole.  If this were soccer, it might have been a game where a team controlled the play, gave up 2 goals on quick counters, and attacked like heck but ended up a goal short.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #309: June 25, 2009, 12:34:52 AM »
So, I didn't get to watch the game.  I'm not going to go back through the thread.  I saw the final score, but I'm curious, how did Stammen do?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #310: June 25, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »
So, I didn't get to watch the game.  I'm not going to go back through the thread.  I saw the final score, but I'm curious, how did Stammen do?

Amazing in the first three innings (no-hit).  Ran into some trouble in the 4th and was one borderline strike call (it was a tad outside, some umps would've rung the batter up) away from getting out of the jam, then left a terrible pitch up and Big Juicer crushed it.  The wheels fell off after that. 

I still like the kid and think he can be a success for this organization, but maybe not yet, or maybe out of the pen.  Outside of the Mets game, he really has success early on then has an epic collapse. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #311: June 25, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
I think he was perfect through 3.

Gave up a 3 run homer to Papi on a 3-2 pitch with two outs.

Then gave up a 2 run bomb to 'Tek an inning or two later.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #312: June 25, 2009, 12:56:31 AM »
Ok, thanks guys.  Sounds like Olson looked pretty good in AAA tonight.  I think Stammen can use a little more seasoning in Syracuse.  If he goes back, hopefully the taste of the bigs will be motivation for him to get back and stay here.  I like what I've seen from him.  

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #313: June 25, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »
The Sox are not a good team. Really. The Nationals are hamstrung by the worst manager in baseball. I couldn't come up with a dumber lineup if I tried. Monday was an off-day, let's sit Dunn. Inexcusable. His overmanaging struck again as we had Belliard up in a key PH at bat.

The Sox "fans" there knew jack crap about baseball. They all yelled Youk the first three times Ortiz made a putout :bang: They were obnoxious, got mad if people cheered the Nats, had the gall to scream in my face, and just generally sucked. The Bullpen was full of d-bags a few hours before the game.

I realized most of the Sox "fans" were DC locals who are lucky if they can catch the odd game at OPACY, which may help explain their terrible baseball knowledge. Actual exchange:

"They should think about shortening these games."

"How long are they, anyway?"

I wanted to jump off the 2nd deck.

Bard hustled his butt off. Guzman of all people gave a baserunning clinic. He was masterful in the rundown and that triple.

The Zim flyout really was that close to tying things up. crap.

Masterson is a sick pitcher. We should trade anyone we have for that guy.

Willingham is one of the best hitters we have, and should bring a nice haul if we trade him.

In year 5 of this wretched Nationals experiment, a night at the ballpark still beats just about anything.

Oh and Kosher Grill was so incredibly delicious that they ran out of hot dogs and shawarma. The shawarma is delicious but make sure you get a fork. I've never seen such delicious looking hot dogs, and the sausages are homemade. They were absolutely thrilled to be there, very nice and courteous staff.

I got a Hebrew Nats hat to top it off - I'll post a picture soon.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #314: June 25, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »
I think I'll make tomorrows game day thread.

I think we beat Smoltz.

Better than my sorry ass 0-2 or 0-3 record. I just made it to post the scoop about the Nats movie that turned out to be a bogus tip - there was 1 movie trailer at 33rd and Water St at 4pm and no activity.

Can someone explain the ejection? I thought it was Youk, but we worked out that Francona probably cursed the ump from the dugout.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #315: June 25, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
It's Justin Masterson, not Chase, FYI.

I got a falafel and a brownie at Max's Kosher on Sunday - both delicious.  The brownie was amazing.  I thought about converting after that because apparently rabbis are imbued with some special power to make brownies taste extraordinary. :lol:

Anyway, the staff was nice, but business was slower because Stan Kasten and Mark Lerner came waltzing over just before my turn in line, and for some reason, nearly all of the staff there flocked over to where they were. :hang: Thanks a lot, Stan.  Way to contribute to that wonderful fan experience at Nationals Park.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #316: June 25, 2009, 01:10:40 AM »
Chase Masterson is some actress from Star Trek :-[

Where did I get that from?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #317: June 25, 2009, 01:16:13 AM »
Chase Masterson is some actress from Star Trek :-[

Where did I get that from?

Also, Dave Magadan the Red Sox hitting coach was the guy that got ejected from the game.

Acta didn't start Dunn cause he had an injured wrist... not because he made a bad managing move.

Offline PC

« Reply #318: June 25, 2009, 01:17:28 AM »
I think Stammen can use a little more seasoning in Rochester.  If he goes back, hopefully the taste of the bigs will be motivation for him to get back and stay here.  I like what I've seen from him. 

Syracuse not Rochester.  Right part of the state, though. :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #319: June 25, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »
Also, Dave Magadan the Red Sox hitting coach was the guy that got ejected from the game.

Acta didn't start Dunn cause he had an injured wrist... not because he made a bad managing move.

Aw crap - I had very little internet access. Still the lineup was completely moronic. Harris leading off? Johnson at cleanup now that his power has evaporated? Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Offline Rojo Johnson

• formerly Southeast Jerome
  • nages leave
« Reply #320: June 25, 2009, 04:29:25 AM »
Neither do Stephen Strasberg or Alphonso Soriano (or Ahston Kutcher for that matter).

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #321: June 25, 2009, 08:39:49 AM »
Syracuse not Rochester.  Right part of the state, though. :lol:
You know what?  I knew that.  My bad.  Fixed.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #322: June 25, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »
So you need current employees to stick out their necks and risk their jobs in order to believe their testimonies? That's a convenient way to disbelieve anything negative about the Lerners. For me it's going to take them doing something over several offseasons to improve and continue to improve the team so they can be perennial contenders. Anything less than that is failure.

I never said that, but I don't put much stock in anonymous ex-desk jockeys with axes to grind either.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #323: June 25, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »
The Sox are not a good team. Really.

Unfortunately, the first line of your post makes the rest of it an

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #324: June 25, 2009, 01:28:11 PM »
Unfortunately, the first line of your post makes the rest of it an

(Image removed from quote.)

Not as good as the idiot fans think they are. Ortiz and Varitek against any other team are pathetically awful. Look at Ellisbury's slugging, he hits like a five year old. Pedroia may be the most overrated player of all team. Drew is a having a crap year. Where are the wins coming from?

P.S. It's kinda douchy to skip a whole page long post because of a slight exaggeration due to being ultra-annoyed. :lol: