Author Topic: Looking back at the road trip  (Read 726 times)

Offline rileyn

Looking back at the road trip
« Topic Start: August 21, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »
Before the Nats left on the season long 13 game trip I was concerned that we would buried by the time it ended.  We were 2 games behind Houston who was starting a 13 game home stand.  I figured that if we were somehow able to go 6-7 on the trip it would be good.  The way the Astros were rolling I thought they would at least go 9-4 on their homestand.  This would have left us 5 games back.  That was my best case scenario.

As it turns out, although I think we let a couple get away we finished 7-6 and the Astros finished their homestand 6-7.  We fell a season high 3 games out after the Astros series but we salvaged the road trip.

We actually come home only 1.5 games back (1 in the loss column).  The bad news is that the Phillies and Marlins have heated up, but we have to be pleased with the way things ended up.  Not to mention that as of right now we are only 4.5 games out in the NL East and we were 5.5 when the roadtrip started.

Time to make hay.  Sweep the Reds and possibly steal 2 of 3 from St. Louis.  This would put us in a nice position as we go on hige 4 gamer to Atlanta.

Or we could just take it one game at a time. :D