Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1  (Read 25928 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #25: September 26, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »
What are you talking about?  We're still in it, and Seattle can beat Oakland tonight. 
If Randy Claire is not canned, he's probably like to get The Olympian Pitcher, so I'm not going to hold this one against him.   ;)
I posted this in the other thread:

WHAT WE NEED:
Washington can be swept by Philadelphia, and we'd be 59-102 or .36646.
If Seattle is 2-1 against Oakland, they'd be 60-102 or .37037, and the Nationals will get the #1 pick.

If Seattle is 3-0 against Oakland, they'd be 61-101 or .37654.  The Nationals could still win 1 game, go 1-2 against the Phillies, finish 60-101 or .37267, and still get the #1 pick.

If Seattle is 1-2 against Oakland, they'd be 59-103 or .3642 and they get the #1 pick, even if the Nationals are swept by the Phillies.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Do you really expect the garbage ass Mariners who are 1-13 over their last 14 games to actually win 2 of 3 games? No way. I think we'll get swept by the Phils but I only see the Mariners winning 1 game at the most (probably tonight's game). I'd say our chances are about 25%.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: September 26, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »
Really?  :)

What do you think of it so far?

I like it so far. I love how at the start you can skip to all the commercial breaks and get them out of the way so that you can watch the entire episode uninterrupted afterwards. Some of it has been predictable but there have been other things that blew me away and left me like this  :shock:  WTF!

I have this feeling though that the writing is eventually going to weaken and it's going to become unwatchable. I'm hoping it isn't one of those weird M Night Shyamalan stories where everyone is already dead but the ones that are still around have unresolved issues. That would blow because that story line was played out after the first time that clown used it. Of course the birth of the baby makes me think that's not the case but I could be wrong. I'm also hoping this doesn't turn into some odd ending like Stephen King or Dean Koontz' works or that it's just some weird allegorical nightmare.  :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #27: September 26, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »
I like it so far. I love how at the start you can skip to all the commercial breaks and get them out of the way so that you can watch the entire episode uninterrupted afterwards. Some of it has been predictable but there have been other things that blew me away and left me like this  :shock:  WTF!

I have this feeling though that the writing is eventually going to weaken and it's going to become unwatchable. I'm hoping it isn't one of those weird M Night Shyamalan stories where everyone is already dead but the ones that are still around have unresolved issues. That would blow because that story line was played out after the first time that clown used it. Of course the birth of the baby makes me think that's not the case but I could be wrong. I'm also hoping this doesn't turn into some odd ending like Stephen King or Dean Koontz' works or that it's just some weird allegorical nightmare.  :lol:
It could be.

A lot of people think that the first season was the best and that it has dwindled since then. I'm amped for Season 5 which starts in January or February.

A lot of the 2nd and 3rd season is full of "filler episodes". Still it's pretty entertaining. I enjoy the flashbacks (and flashforwards which is what they do in Season 4).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #28: September 26, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Milledge is NOT a CFer.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #29: September 26, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »
The idea of filler episodes does not sound good. I think someone told me that season 2 was decent but that it has since gone down hill. I have a feeling I'll give up on it at some point but I have enjoyed the 1st season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #30: September 26, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Well I think it goes like this: 1,2,4, 3. 3 was just so... weird. But each season is still watchable. If you think filler episodes are bad now, shoulda watched it when it was aired... such a bullcrap wait.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #31: September 26, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
The idea of filler episodes does not sound good. I think someone told me that season 2 was decent but that it has since gone down hill. I have a feeling I'll give up on it at some point but I have enjoyed the 1st season.
Yeah, some of the episodes in Season 2 or 3 were basically filler episodes that had no bearing on the story line and were not talked about again.

It gets very confusing the more you watch though. More questions arise with every new episodes. Sure they may answer a few but most of the questions are supposed to be answered in the Season 5+6.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #32: September 26, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »
If you think filler episodes are bad now, shoulda watched it when it was aired... such a bullcrap wait.

What do you mean?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #33: September 26, 2008, 08:14:36 PM »
but most of the questions are supposed to be answered in the Season 5+6.

They have 6 seasons?  :shock:

If you think filler episodes are bad now, shoulda watched it when it was aired... such a bullcrap wait.

What do you mean?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #34: September 26, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
They have 6 seasons?  :shock:

What do you mean?

There have been 4 seasons thus far but 2 more are planned and then that's it.

On May 7, 2007, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson announced that Lost will end during the 2009–2010 season with a "highly anticipated and shocking finale." "We felt that this was the only way to give Lost a proper creative conclusion," McPherson said. Beginning with the 2007–2008 television season, the final 48 episodes of Lost would have been aired as three seasons with 16 episodes each, with Lost concluding in its sixth season. Due to the writers strike, the fourth season featured 14 episodes, and Seasons 5 and 6 will have 17 episodes each. Lindelof stated that Lost would return in January 2009 for a fifth season.

Executive producers Lindelof and Cuse stated that they "always envisioned Lost as a show with a beginning, middle, and end," and that by announcing when the show would end that viewers would "have the security of knowing that the story will play out as we've intended." Lindelof and Cuse stated that securing the 2010 series-end date "was immensely liberating" and helped the series rediscover its focus. Lindelof noted, "We're no longer stalling."

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #35: September 26, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
What do you mean?

O i meant, just watching it when it was on tv at the time. Like waiting for lost next week and when it finally comes, it doesnt progress the story at all, watching the filler episode when it first aired. It was just unsatisfying. But then a chunk of episodes totally make up for it.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: September 26, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »
I know exactly what they mean by that.  :rofl:  It's easy to see the difference in the writers though. Some of them are very weak while others are excellent.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #37: September 26, 2008, 08:22:14 PM »
O i meant, just watching it when it was on tv at the time. Like waiting for lost next week and when it finally comes, it doesnt progress the story at all, watching the filler episode when it first aired. It was just unsatisfying. But then a chunk of episodes totally make up for it.

I'll never watch them like that. I'll definitely keep watching online. If after season 2 I'm dissatisfied I'll decide whether to give it more time but even so I will not keep up with it while its airing on the regular network.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #38: September 26, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »
I'll never watch them like that. I'll definitely keep watching online. If after season 2 I'm dissatisfied I'll decide whether to give it more time but even so I will not keep up with it while its airing on the regular network.
The episodes will only air once a week once the new season starts. Hopefully they actually show them in complete succession.

Thinking about it now, Season 1 was my favorite too. Season 4 wasn't as good although the flashforwards were interesting. I think Season 5 and 6 are going to be insane though.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #39: September 26, 2008, 08:24:35 PM »
Bernadina is a beast.  :worship:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #40: September 26, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
Guz knocks in another. 7-3 game

Offline spidernat

« Reply #41: September 26, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »
If the Mariners were to somehow win 2 games and lose 1 while we lose two and have 1 game rained out (with the phillies clinching the playoffs so that game does not need to be made up) then we would end in a tie with the Mariners.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #42: September 26, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
Hopefully they actually show them in complete succession.

What do you mean by that?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #43: September 26, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
If the Mariners were to somehow win 2 games and lose 1 while we lose two and have 1 game rained out (with the phillies clinching the playoffs so that game does not need to be made up) then we would end in a tie with the Mariners.
Which we would win because they had a better record last year.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #44: September 26, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
What do you mean by that?
I hope that they show the new episodes every week without skipping weeks or even months like they used to do.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #45: September 26, 2008, 08:30:26 PM »

I have this feeling though that the writing is eventually going to weaken and it's going to become unwatchable. I'm hoping it isn't one of those weird M Night Shyamalan stories where everyone is already dead but the ones that are still around have unresolved issues. ...

Are you watching them all on ABC.com?  There are a number of Web sites dedicated to analyzing Lost.  There was so much buzz that the producer answered a few common questions.  He flatly said that they were not dead, years ago.  You can probably waste time reading that stuff, but watching more episodes might provide a few answers sooner.  They kept adding so many new questions, and kept repeating episodes in the early years, because they didn't have new shows ready, that it turned viewers off, and ratings fell. 

They completely Lost me when they decided to air nothing between May and the following February, I think two years running.  While last year's season was critically acclaimed, I didn't watch a single episode.  You can't have a clue-base show with a zillion sub-plots and wait 8 or 9 months to continue telling the story.  But watching the whole thing might be the way to go, with minimal annoyance.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #46: September 26, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »
I hope that they show the new episodes every week without skipping weeks or even months like they used to do.

Oh I didn't know that. I did notice that on the episode list it shows that one episode of season one was aired 3 years after the others. I don't know if that was a misprint or if that actually happened. If so, that would be annoying.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #47: September 26, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »
N2P sportsfan told me about such sites but I don't think I want to spend time reading what other people have to say on it. It might be OK if I could weed out all the morons that weigh in at a message board but that would be impossible to do years after the fact. I'm sure some of the discussion is interesting and some is annoying. At times I have been lost in the plot though. That crap with Ethan didn't make any sense. Maybe they'll make sense of it later. Speaking of crap, wouldn't all the survivors have come to consciousness with a load in their pants?  :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #48: September 26, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
  But watching the whole thing might be the way to go, with minimal annoyance.

(Image removed from quote.)   

That worked for me. I watched all 83 episodes online this past summer. It was awesome not having to wait a whole week or even months to watch a new episode.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #49: September 26, 2008, 08:37:33 PM »
N2P sportsfan told me about such sites but I don't think I want to spend time reading what other people have to say on it. It might be OK if I could weed out all the morons that weigh in at a message board but that would be impossible to do years after the fact. I'm sure some of the discussion is interesting and some is annoying. At times I have been lost in the plot though. That crap with Ethan didn't make any sense. Maybe they'll make sense of it later. Speaking of crap, wouldn't all the survivors have come to consciousness with a load in their pants?  :lol:
Yeah, they'll make sense of Ethan later on.

Yeah, I enjoyed reading that Caps board 168 thread on Lost. After every episode (starting with season 2) I went on there and read the discussions posted on that particular episode.