Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1  (Read 21362 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1
« Reply #600: June 29, 2010, 12:17:05 AM »
Im not saying any of this is acceptable but some of you might be overreacting a tad bit. Maybe we got a small taste of success and then we forgot who we really are. Desmond is basically a rookie who got off to a good start and now is in a slump. We have to stick with him and see if he can rebound and beside id rather have him over guzman out there at SS. As for morgan many did say he would fall back to earth and he did. Lets just wait and see what rizzo does i got faith in him and i think we turn it around, instead of everyone screaming bloody murder

No, we don't have to stick with Desmond. He is beyond awful. He isn't "close" to being a major league player. The level of play he is showing is what we have the minor leagues for. He needs to "rebound" (He's yet to be decent in the majors, so I'd say "learn") how to play baseball in AAA where the games don't count and people don't spend a crapload of money to watch the games. This attitude that we need to stick with these players makes no sense to me. The minor leagues exist so we don't have this level of amateurish play at this level of baseball. Desmond is young and a rookie, so you can't blame him the way you would a veteran. He just never should have been brought up to begin with and clearly needs a significant amount of time in AAA. Further, in AAA the focus is on teaching players a hell of a lot more than it is in the majors. They work on fielding and the basics down there, in the majors they assume you know that stuff already. If he has any chance of working out as a ball player, he needs to go to Syracuse tomorrow so he can work on this stuff with people who are paid to teach kids how to be ready for the majors. Not only is his level of play hurting us badly, but he's not in the environment that will best benefit him in the future either.