2-7
1 (1.4%)
1-8
1 (1.4%)
0-9
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: October 04, 2012, 10:34:35 PM

Author Topic: What will be the Nats record in the final 9 games?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Re: What will be the Nats record in the final 9 games?
« Reply #25: September 26, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
We go 4-4; the Braves go 6-2, we win the division but not before a lot of:

:panic::hang:, :spaz:, :asplode:, :bang:, and :rant:

Depending on where you want to place endpoints, the Nats are:

4-4 in their last 8;
4-7 in their last 11;
8-8 in their last 16;
13-10 since Sept. 1.

They have to go 2-6 or worse to give the Braves a really realistic shot.  If they did, they'd be under .500 since September 1 and on a .315 pace in their last 19 games.  It would easily be their worst stretch of the season - they'd deserve to lose the division if they went that badly.  Scary part is, it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility, considering we're going to have Lannan v. Phils twice in that stretch and the possibility of another Wang start.

Still, I ain't skeered.  I think we get right up close to the edge, but don't actually fall off.  This team is good.  Good enough to win when they need to.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
bump, 3-3 so far

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
bump, 3-3 so far

I had us 4-5, just not playing crisp ball these days.  Still, one more win is enough for now.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I had us 4-5, just not playing crisp ball these days.  Still, one more win is enough for now.

I picked 4-5 as well and I agree with your sentiment.  We seem to have cooled off at the wrong time.

However, nothing would get those heaters going like beating the crap out of the Phillies and making them watch us celebrate a division title!

Online Mattionals

In order for me to be right, the Nats have to sweep.  Honestly I thought they would win one more in St. Louis.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
In order for me to be right, the Nats have to sweep.  Honestly I thought they would win one more in St. Louis.

Honestly, if they win tonight, I could see them taking the other two meaningless games with a roster of mostly September filler. 

If they don't win tonight...  :panic:

And how more ironic/fitting that tonight would be a Stras start, but for...  :spaz:

Offline Ray D

And how more ironic/fitting that tonight would be a Stras start,

Lannan will get it done.   But then, who pitches tomorrow night?  Obviously, if we lose, Gio would take his regular start, to nail this down.   But if it's already nailed down, then if he pitches, he won't be able to pitch Saturday, which would be game 1 for us (if we're #2 seed).    On the other hand, he'll probably pitch a couple innings to stay sharp - but still wouldn't be able to go Saturday.  Is the plan to start with Zimmerman?

Offline RL04

It is now offically time to panic.

I can see us going 0-3 and the Braves going 3-0 thus leading to a one-game playoff leading to another one-game playoff.

Correction:  If we win a one-gamer with Atlanta, we win the division and thus play in the NLDs, not the Wild Card.  Apologies.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
It is now offically time to panic.

You go ahead and do that. :roll:

Offline DPMOmaha

I can see us going 0-3 and the Braves going 3-0 thus leading to a one-game playoff leading to another one-game playoff.

Based on...?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Based on...?

Recent trends?  :shrug:

We have been playing our "worst" ball of the year and we have to play a pretty good Phillies team while the white-hot Braves get the Pirates who have been playing worse than anyone since the trade deadline.  I don't think it happens but I can understand why some would be nervous.

Offline DPMOmaha

Meh, our "worst" ball of the season will still be good enough to win one of these last 3, especially in front of what should be charged up home crowd the next 3 games.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Meh, our "worst" ball of the season will still be good enough to win one of these last 3, especially in front of what should be charged up home crowd the next 3 games.

I agree.  But so long as there is a mathematical possiblity there will be a modicum of angst. 

Personally?  I look forward to tonight when I will be sipping bourbon on the rocks and watching us destroy the Phillies and seeing the look on nag Utley's face as he watches John Lannan celebrate a division title and then Jesus Flores removes Utley's hat, takes a dump in it and puts it back on his ugly head.

Offline Ray D

Personally?  I look forward to tonight when I will be sipping bourbon on the rocks and watching us destroy the Phillies and seeing the look on nag Utley's face as he watches John Lannan celebrate a division title and then Jesus Flores removes Utley's hat, takes a dump in it and puts it back on his ugly head.

I hope Utley's wife is at tonight's game. I want to see Werth banging her, as part of the celebration.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I hope Utley's wife is at tonight's game. I want to see Werth banging her, as part of the celebration.

This.

Online blue911

Recent trends?  :shrug:

We have been playing our "worst" ball of the year and we have to play a pretty good Phillies team while the white-hot Braves get the Pirates who have been playing worse than anyone since the trade deadline.  I don't think it happens but I can understand why some would be nervous.

The Nats are coming off of a 3-3 road trip, which included taking 2 of 3 in Philadelphia. I don't see how that gives the Phillies the edge.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
The Nats are coming off of a 3-3 road trip, which included taking 2 of 3 in Philadelphia. I don't see how that gives the Phillies the edge.

It doesn't indicate either team has an edge, but the mathematics say that a complete collapse is possible and the Phillies did sweep us not too long ago.  It's POSSIBLE, therefore it is panic-worthy to some.  See the rest of my posts to see how Gustavo and I will be celebrating tonight.

Online blue911

It doesn't indicate either team has an edge, but the mathematics say that a complete collapse is possible and the Phillies did sweep us not too long ago.  It's POSSIBLE, therefore it is panic-worthy to some.  See the rest of my posts to see how Gustavo and I will be celebrating tonight.

Well anything is possible. Not playing each other means that 6 games have to go to crap and not 3.

Offline MorseTheHorse

If we win tonight (or the Braves lose) Gio doesn't start tomorrow, right?  So, in that case, who does pitch in the last 2 games? 

Online Mattionals

If we win tonight (or the Braves lose) Gio doesn't start tomorrow, right?  So, in that case, who does pitch in the last 2 games?

Livan?

Mock?

Chico?

Teddy?

Pitching Machine?

My kitty cat?

Slice of pumpkin pie?

I don't care as long as it's not Wang.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I vote for Teddy.  I bet he'd go up and in to nag Utley.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Livan?

Mock?

Chico?

Teddy?

Pitching Machine?

My kitty cat?

Slice of pumpkin pie?

I don't care as long as it's not Wang.

The ones in bold or better yet how bout Screech?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Don't shortchange Werth by limiting his notches to only Utley's wife.

Which two SSS retards voted 9-0?  :lol:

Rizzo and Davey

Offline DPMOmaha

I would.  Couple of reasons, #1 seed would be really nice, then it would line him up to start on Sunday in Game 1.  I don't think you want him to go on 10 days rest.  Some work tomorrow would be nice.  Same with JZim on Wednesday, even if it's only for a couple of innings.  If we're in a position where the #2 spot is the only possibility, then perhaps it changes things.