Author Topic: Microsoft thread  (Read 62590 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Microsoft thread
« Reply #50: August 06, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
Well, corporate users is a big part of that.  We just had our systems upgraded to XP from 2000 a few months ago.

Also, many people don't reinstall their OS.  And frankly, I don't think that it should be a requirement to reinstall an OS every year or whenever.

Many people still don't want to upgrade to 7 because either the backlash from hearing how "bad" Vista was, they don't want to buy an OS upgrade, and their system won't handle it.  I'd say a majority of users never install an OS.  They get what comes on their computer and stick with it until they buy a new computer.

I've got 2 people at work who just bought new computers because their old ones just got so slow, even after they went to a website that popped up that would fix it ( :smh: )

Now they want to wipe it before throwing it out.  I'm thinking of offering to do it for them if they let me keep the old machines, once I find out what they are.  I know one is from 2002 so it will be basically useless, but I don't know how old the other one is.