Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 428593 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2525: October 17, 2014, 07:26:46 AM »
No time limit.  Just curious.  No worries, no stress.

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2526: October 17, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
No time limit.  Just curious.  No worries, no stress.

I watched MLB for the first time in 1996 . Because Chan-Ho Park Played in MLB.
(Do you know Chan-Ho Park?)
Since then I Love MLB.
But, I don`t root for particular team. AH!!Of course I rooted for Dodgers. Simple reason. Just Chan-ho Park.
And then I decide that I pick up the particular team. So I pick up the Nats this year.
Nats has Shortest history in MLB(I know Montreal Expos.)
So I want to spend my baseball life with Nats history. Simple!!
I`m satisfied with my choice.

Denard Span made New hit record in Nats history.
Zimmermann also made record. First No-hitter in Nats.
10 game winning streak, 13 game consecutive team homerun and so on.

I root for Nats during my life. :)

Go Nats!!!

p.s. I can`t write english very well. So I want to you understand my english.
       See you later!!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #2527: October 17, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
What are your thoughts on the American band Seam?

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2528: October 17, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Welcome! 환영

wow!! Thank you.
You can wirte Korean.

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2529: October 17, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
Anyong haseyo.

Oh!! you know Korean greeting word.
Good job!! Thank you.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2532: October 17, 2014, 11:30:06 AM »
Thanks.  Its always nice to get to know our fellow fans.  I was a Washington Senators fan as a child before they moved to Texas.  When the Expos moved here I was extremely happy.  I did also root for the Orioles in the American league and are my favorite AL team

By the way.  You write quite well!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2533: October 17, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »
well now we know what Kim Jong Un has been up to. :)

Seriously, welcome to the forum!

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2534: October 17, 2014, 11:45:45 AM »
well now we know what Kim Jong Un has been up to. :)

Seriously, welcome to the forum!

Kim Jung un underwent surgery. becasue he likes Emmental Cheese too much. :shock:

and thanks for your message.

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2535: October 17, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
Thanks.  Its always nice to get to know our fellow fans.  I was a Washington Senators fan as a child before they moved to Texas.  When the Expos moved here I was extremely happy.  I did also root for the Orioles in the American league and are my favorite AL team

By the way.  You write quite well!

I also interested in Orioles.  So I wish to see Beltway Series. :'(

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #2536: October 17, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »
I also interested in Orioles.  So I wish to see Beltway Series. :'(
uh-oh.  most of us are OK with people who also like the Orioles but some here think that makes you not a real Nats fan. 

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2537: October 17, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »
uh-oh.  most of us are OK with people who also like the Orioles but some here think that makes you not a real Nats fan.

Well, I know why some Nats fan doesn`t like Orioles.
broadcasting rights problem. right?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2538: October 17, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »
Well, I know why some Nats fan does`t like Orioles.
broadcasting rights problem. right?

That and Angelos's efforts to keep a team out of D.C. for many years.

Offline Korea_natsfan

« Reply #2539: October 17, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
That and Angelos's efforts to keep a team out of D.C. for many years.

right. So I want to win Nats in boardcasting rights problem.

Offline yangpadark

« Reply #2540: November 24, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Hello guys.

Being a life-long baseball fan from South Korea, I started rooting for the Nationals since last season; I am originally from Seoul, but am currently studying in a college in Maryland. The Nats are absolutely one of the most dynamic teams in the league, and I have been really enjoying watching a lot of young talents and skilled veterans playing together as a team.

I found out about the forum last year, and finally joined. I hope to see you guys around the boards. Thank you.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #2541: November 25, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
Hello guys.

Being a life-long baseball fan from South Korea, I started rooting for the Nationals since last season; I am originally from Seoul, but am currently studying in a college in Maryland. The Nats are absolutely one of the most dynamic teams in the league, and I have been really enjoying watching a lot of young talents and skilled veterans playing together as a team.

I found out about the forum last year, and finally joined. I hope to see you guys around the boards. Thank you.

Welcome!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2542: November 25, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Hello guys.

Welcome

Offline harmony

« Reply #2543: November 30, 2014, 10:10:49 PM »
I am a Seattle Mariner fan who travels the baseball cyberworld in search of new perspectives.

I attended the Nats' exhibition game against the Orioles at Nationals Park the evening before the first regular-season MLB game there in 2008. I returned for a game against the Marlins in August 2010.

Great baseball venue.

I saw the Nationals play in Seattle on August 31 this year (one of only three MLB games I attended this year).

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #2544: November 30, 2014, 10:18:21 PM »
I am a Seattle Mariner fan who travels the baseball cyberworld in search of new perspectives.

I attended the Nats' exhibition game against the Orioles at Nationals Park the evening before the first regular-season MLB game there in 2008. I returned for a game against the Marlins in August 2010.

Great baseball venue.

I saw the Nationals play in Seattle on August 31 this year (one of only three MLB games I attended this year).

Welcome Harmony!  The Mariners are my#2 team because I have a lot of family out there.  I was even at Felix's perfect game!

Offline yangpadark

« Reply #2545: November 30, 2014, 10:31:41 PM »

Great baseball venue.

Welcome. Seattle is one of my favorite teams in MLB. It is my personal hope, but I kinda wanna see Ichiro play again as a Mariner at the end of his career, too.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2546: November 30, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »
Hey Harmony.   I rooted for the Mariners when Mikey Morse was the SEA BEAST!  Even went to Camden Yards to see him.  Welcome!

Offline whytev

« Reply #2547: December 01, 2014, 02:40:40 AM »

Great baseball venue.

I was there!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2548: December 01, 2014, 07:57:44 AM »

Great baseball venue.

Welcome

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2549: December 01, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »

Great baseball venue.

Welcome to WNFF, harmony.   We can be a bit cantankerous, like every Board, but I'm glad the google led you here.  Oh, I suppose it was Bing that led you here if you are from Seattle ;)

There are two types of skeptical reactions you will get here when discussing advanced metrics.  Some folks are just dismissive.  Others have specific and informed criticism.  For example, some folks can recite the acknowledged weaknesses of UZR and the superiority of non-public domain information like field f/x.  You probably also saw the Fister comment on FIP-based fWAR for 2014.   There are also more than a few folks who lean pretty heavily on advanced stats, too, so it isn't a whole board of skeptics.

Dual loyalty fans are inherently suspect, but if you want to get in good with most of the Board, just cast aspersions of the Red Sox  and their fans.  See my signature (an impression of the reaction I get to my posts).

By the way, I started following the Mariners when Mark Langston and Roger Clemens used to battle it out for the K lead.  Then they traded Langston for some tall geek who could not hit the side of a barn.  I was at a 5 or so inning no hitter at Memorial Stadium early in Johnson's career when he was removed because he threw so many walks.  Huge Edgar fan, too.  I remember some of the early 90s rotations, too.   Haven't been to Safeco, but I did go to the Kingdome.