Author Topic: Nationals vs Indians, Game 2  (Read 13965 times)

Offline saltydad

Re: Nationals vs Indians, Game 2
« Reply #175: June 23, 2007, 10:05:33 PM »
You're right. Nooks going to fry tonight, and even though the idea was based on a good plan, it was terribly executed.

fanofrickshort

« Reply #176: June 23, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »
I'll definitetly shoulder this one, along with Chief.  :-[
you and me both lol and nook logan 4

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #177: June 23, 2007, 10:08:39 PM »
Of course overlooked in all this is the fact that Lopez hit the ball at the only position where the tying run could not score.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #178: June 23, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
Until tomorrow my friends, wpa will have to be up before 7 am to watch the game from Hawaii!  :shock:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #179: June 23, 2007, 10:16:50 PM »
Until tomorrow my friends, wpa will have to be up before 7 am to watch the game from Hawaii!  :shock:

One thing about being in Hawaii is the 6 hour time difference - so I'm pretty much on vampire time :) ... I've been up by about 5:00 am every day ... I have a pretty full day tomorrow (I'm running a conference of about 4000 people) so I hope to catch an inning or two ... you all have a great night ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #180: June 23, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »
Of course overlooked in all this is the fact that Lopez hit the ball at the only position where the tying run could not score.

At least it wasn't a double play ball - the Nats still have a chance with Mr. Clutch, bases loaded and a drawn in infield, up at the plate ... sigh ... coulda woulda shoulda - ok ... clearly the only way to get over this is to fire up the Mai Tais ... :)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #181: June 23, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »
Where is Sport Fan to label this the worst loss of the season?!

Now, we have to hope to take the series and salvage some dignity in this horrible week vs the AL Central.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #182: June 23, 2007, 10:37:35 PM »

Now, we have to hope to take the series and salvage some dignity in this horrible week vs the AL Central.

Ok .... small consolation I know - but the Tigers and Indians are two of the BEST teams in all of baseball - the fact that we basically had the 2nd win in a row all but in the bag is pretty darn good considering - the Indians have the best interleague record of anyone - so while I'm disappointed and bummed about tonight's outcome - I'm feeling pretty good about the way the team is playing the Indians ...

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #183: June 23, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »

another thing overlooked is Chad blowing the save. Single, Single, Jack. Bravo Chad! If Chad just limits the damage and doesn't throw batting practice to Victor the game is over and there is No Nook dispute.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #184: June 23, 2007, 10:41:45 PM »
Ok .... small consolation I know - but the Tigers and Indians are two of the BEST teams in all of baseball - the fact that we basically had the 2nd win in a row all but in the bag is pretty darn good considering - the Indians have the best interleague record of anyone - so while I'm disappointed and bummed about tonight's outcome - I'm feeling pretty good about the way the team is playing the Indians ...

Ya, but it blows big time that instead of going for the sweep and really truly turning this week into a success we are at best going to finish the week 2-4. I think our chances of winning tomorrow are great, Westbrook is hot garbage. He was getting shelled in his AAA rehab stint in my home city of Buffalo.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #185: June 23, 2007, 10:43:18 PM »
another thing overlooked is Chad blowing the save. Single, Single, Jack. Bravo Chad! If Chad just limits the damage and doesn't throw batting practice to Victor the game is over and there is No Nook dispute.

No that hasn't been ovelooked. He's the main culprit for this loss.

At least it wasn't a double play ball - the Nats still have a chance with Mr. Clutch, bases loaded and a drawn in infield, up at the plate ... sigh ... coulda woulda shoulda - ok ... clearly the only way to get over this is to fire up the Mai Tais ... :)

Well there were already two outs at that point so the infield would not have been drawn in. Nice idea on the Mai Tai's  ;)

One thing about being in Hawaii is the 6 hour time difference - so I'm pretty much on vampire time :) ... I've been up by about 5:00 am every day ... I have a pretty full day tomorrow (I'm running a conference of about 4000 people) so I hope to catch an inning or two ... you all have a great night ...

And here I thought you were out there with your family on a pleasant vacation. I know the gig has to be tough (poor wpa  :() but I guess somebody's gotta do it.  :lol:

Offline PC

« Reply #186: June 23, 2007, 10:45:55 PM »
When your closer goes in and is facing the #2, #3 and #4 hitters and all he throws is belt-high fastballs with no movement, right over the middle of the plate, you'd better be up by at least four runs because one way or the other, they're going to score at least three.

If the #2 hitter doesn't hit a homerun, he's going at least get on base.  If the #3 hitter doesn't hit a homerun, he's going to get on base.  The #4 hitter is hitting a homerun.  You can bank on that.

That was one of the worst approaches to pitching to 2-4 that I've ever seen.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #187: June 23, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
No that hasn't been ovelooked. He's the main culprit for this loss.

QFT

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #188: June 23, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »

Yeah, but Chief's our guy - gotta go with your closer - it wasn't his night - it happens - the offense left a lot of runs on base - plus the bases jacked in the bottom of the ninth - Chief did blow the save - but - sometimes the offense needs to pick a guy up ...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #189: June 23, 2007, 10:53:34 PM »

I bet you sportsfan was at the game tonight. You know he probably lost his composure at RFK in the top of the 9th and then again in the bottom of the inning. He may be prowling the parking lot waiting for Nook and Chief  :lol:. He'll probably come around later to rant about how woeful we are for losing that game, and he's right  :?.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #190: June 23, 2007, 10:59:37 PM »
I bet you sportsfan was at the game tonight. You know he probably lost his composure at RFK in the top of the 9th and then again in the bottom of the inning. He may be prowling the parking lot waiting for Nook and Chief  :lol:. He'll probably come around later to rant about how woeful we are for losing that game, and he's right  :?.

Gee ... can't wait ... clearly the answer for him is to fire up the mai tais too! :)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #191: June 23, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »
Ya, but it blows big time that instead of going for the sweep and really truly turning this week into a success we are at best going to finish the week 2-4. I think our chances of winning tomorrow are great, Westbrook is hot garbage. He was getting shelled in his AAA rehab stint in my home city of Buffalo.

Yeah ... I hear ya, it's one thing to lose a game straight up - you tip your hat to a guy and move on, something else entirely to give away a game - one thing about our Nats though - they are resilient ... I expect them to come back tomorrow fired up ... ok ... that's it for me - off to a Luau!! ...

You guys have a great night - try and catch you all tomorrow!

Offline PC

« Reply #192: June 23, 2007, 11:36:39 PM »
If you really want to go deeper for blame, I'll take St. Claire and/or Acta.  Cordero kept throwing the same pitches that the first two batters hit.  When the clean up hitter comes to the plate, St. Claire should have made a plate visit to tell him to stop throwing those BP fastballs.

A very bad pattern had clearly been established by the time Martinez came to bat.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #193: June 24, 2007, 12:01:25 AM »
I'm not going to blame Chief for this one because...well...crap happens.

Nook Logan, however, needs to be DFA'd immediately.  If they don't do it, then there's no accountability on this team.

Even when that scrub actually does something right, he erases it by doing something incredibly stupid.

If he doesn't get sent down after this series, I might as well not attend any more games, as this team will display that they have no commitment to winning.  Nook is a part of no feasible long-term rebuilding plan, so keeping him on the roster no longer makes sense.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #194: June 24, 2007, 01:05:56 AM »
LOL seems earlier in the season when I was defending Chief's slow start, everyone else was calling for his head, but now that he is truly amassing an awful record, people are cutting him tons of slack.