Author Topic: Bob Davidson gets one game suspension  (Read 528 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Bob Davidson gets one game suspension
« Topic Start: May 18, 2012, 11:13:25 AM »
‏@MLB_PR

Umpire Bob Davidson has received a 1-game suspension for repeated violations of Commissioner’s Office standards for situation handling.

First I've ever heard of MLB publicly announcing an umpire suspension.

Good first step in making umpires accountable.

Offline houston-nat

Re: Bob Davidson gets one game suspension
« Reply #1: May 18, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Are you Bob Davidson?????

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: May 18, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
Are you Bob Davidson?????

:lmao: +1/like/thumbsup

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #5: May 18, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
On Aug. 23, 1989, Davidson ejected Youppi!, the Montreal Expos mascot, after repeated complaints from Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda. It seems Youppi! had been dancing on top of the Dodgers dugout roof while dressed in a nightgown.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: May 18, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »
Per Big League Stew, there were several incidents; apparently this was the straw that broke the camel's back:

'As the Unified Sycophantic Defenders of Brett Lawrie would tell you, it's about time baseball did something about some of these umpires. I agree with them on that. No, Davidson was not the ump when Toronto's Lawrie threw down his helmet (that was Bill Miller). But Davidson did mess up the Philadelphia Phillies earlier this week when he inadvertently obstructed the attempt of catcher Brian Schneider to reach a dropped third strike, then yelled at Manuel on the bench because he understandably complained. Manuel was suspended as well for his part in the Davidson argument.'

Full blog entry: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/umpire-bob-davidson-suspended-one-game-poor-situation-165346691.html