Author Topic: Playoff Ticket Secondary Market Watch  (Read 22335 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Playoff Ticket Secondary Market Watch
« Reply #425: October 09, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »
Not to piss anyone off, but, if you are "ADA"  (not ADHD) , there are quite a few pairs left.

I see it says those are restricted to handicapped people. How do they enforce that?

Offline LA2DC

« Reply #426: October 09, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »
I was the only one of my friends to get through. Looks like I'm everyone's new best friend.

Does anyone know what happens if - god forbid - they don't make it past the Cardinals? I assume I get all my money back from the tickets, but what about the $80 in convenience charges?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #427: October 09, 2012, 11:38:32 AM »
I was the only one of my friends to get through. Looks like I'm everyone's new best friend.

Does anyone know what happens if - god forbid - they don't make it past the Cardinals? I assume I get all my money back from the tickets, but what about the $80 in convenience charges?

The team's site says they will refund the ticket price and the convenience fee but not the $4.00 handling fee (which is a bullcrap thing if you got electronic tickets):

Refunds
In the event that a game is not necessary and therefore not played, all single game purchases for that game will automatically be refunded to the card on which it was purchased.  No refunds will be issued for played games for any reason.

Any single game tickets purchased through Tickets.com, over the phone or online, for games that go un-played will have the face value of the ticket and the convenience fee refunded. All other fees are non-refundable.

Season Ticket Holders – postseason payments for un-played games will be applied toward your 2013 season ticket plan. The handling fee is non-refundable.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #428: October 09, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
I see it says those are restricted to handicapped people. How do they enforce that?

They don't, check out the fans in row A along the field.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #429: October 09, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »

...or in the rows behind many 300-level sections.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #430: October 09, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »
Those are by far the worst seats in the house in terms of proximity to Clint, Terrence, and the rest of that troupe of imbeciles.

Offline BCH89

« Reply #431: October 09, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »

80.00 in convenience fees? what? On top of the $70.00 face value?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #432: October 09, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »

I had $7/ticket in convenience fees. 

Offline BCH89

« Reply #433: October 09, 2012, 12:01:51 PM »
I had $7/ticket in convenience fees. 

That's what I thought. Maybe I just read the post wrong and thought he was talking about $80 for just the fees.

Offline LA2DC

« Reply #434: October 09, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »

In total, it was about that. $7 per ticket x 8. Then $20 shipping and handling. I opted for the paper tickets.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #435: October 09, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »
Those are by far the worst seats in the house in terms of proximity to Clint, Terrence, and the rest of that troupe of imbeciles.

I've sat there a few times, including for Strasmas II, amazing view down on the field, sitting closer to Zimmm than he is to the pitcher.

Terrance is cool, I've got no problem with him or Clint.

Offline miller10

« Reply #436: October 09, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
I've sat there a few times, including for Strasmas II, amazing view down on the field, sitting closer to Zimmm than he is to the pitcher.

Terrance is cool, I've got no problem with him or Clint.

Must be great for Terrance now that the games have real meaning and the fans are into the game.  I would hate to have to do that (running around waving your arms like a lunatic trying to get people into the game) on a Tuesday night against Florida with 17,000 people at the game.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #437: October 09, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
They have that, the bar codes, and they make a ton of cash from resales which is why they have a deal with Stubhub.

Do you think the Nats are listing postseason tickets on Stubhub?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #438: October 09, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #439: October 09, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »

Not yet, but they may if Thursday is a 1pm game too.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #440: October 09, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
A coworker of mine cant go and is selling his section 109 tickets at cost.  I forget how much that is.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #441: October 09, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Not yet, but they may if Thursday is a 1pm game too.

the reason I ask is because I bought my NLDS Game 1 tickets for $20 over face (each) the same day of the NLDS Insider Presale and today I just happened to get a NLDS ticket advisory email from the Nats  :devil:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #442: October 09, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
I got one too but it was basically a "Game 3 is at 1pm, the rest TBD".

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #443: October 09, 2012, 01:08:48 PM »
the reason I ask is because I bought my NLDS Game 1 tickets for $20 over face (each) the same day of the NLDS Insider Presale and today I just happened to get a NLDS ticket advisory email from the Nats  :devil:

The Nats know the tickets are yours if you buy them on StubHub. So yes, they do track their tickets there.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #444: October 09, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »

No, the Lerner family wouldn't risk public ridicule just to make a few extra bucks.

Kidding aside, I doubt it but I wouldn't blame them if they did. If I owned a team I'd look into selling via an auction so that the highest bidders get the top seats, row B would be cheaper than row A and less than row C. Let the market set the value of the original sale price and not just the resale price.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #445: October 09, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »

Quote from: PowerBoater69 on Today at 11:38:38 AM

I've purchased handicapped seats when a friend of mine was late making it to the ball game.  I met him and went in with him, so I don't know how aggressively the ushers give you a look if you are there with someone who does not have a obvious access impairment. 

Offline Nate Dogg

« Reply #446: October 09, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
Anybody know/have a guess when NLCS Standing Room Only Tix go on sale?  And for how much??

Thx.

Offline LouisaCountyNats

« Reply #447: October 09, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »

I've purchased handicapped seats when a friend of mine was late making it to the ball game.  I met him and went in with him, so I don't know how aggressively the ushers give you a look if you are there with someone who does not have a obvious access impairment.

So...I just realized the tickets I bought off stubhub are ADA seats a little while ago (section 235 Row P). I must have missed it when I was buying them or something, but I don't use a wheelchair or anything, and neither does the guy going with me. Does this mean I'm screwed basically or what?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #448: October 09, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
No. You're good. You don't have to be handicapped to sit there.

Offline LouisaCountyNats

« Reply #449: October 09, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
No. You're good. You don't have to be handicapped to sit there.

Thanks man. I guess worst case scenario was just that i'd have to go to the SRO areas or something, but that's a relief.