Author Topic: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 3  (Read 15175 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Re: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 3
« Reply #250: April 25, 2010, 08:45:40 PM »
I said that he may not be in the rotation by the end of the season, but he is a no doubt major leaguer. He'll be pitching here or another major league club at the end of the season.

I like Lannan but I agree if we could move him for a useful piece that would be great.  I really don't see him as more than a 4th starter on a winning team.  We are looking at the possibility of him being, at best, the 6th best MLB ready starter on the team very soon.  Strasburg and Zimmerman should both be better the moment they get here, Stammen is already passing him by, Atilano is younger with more options, Detwiler should pass him by soon, if Wang returns to form he's better and so is Olsen.  Long relief might work well for him. 

« Reply #251: April 25, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
I think we should get a few more looks at Atilano, Stammen and see if Olsen is completely healthy before we declare Lannan meat.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #252: April 25, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »
I think we should get a few more looks at Atilano, Stammen and see if Olsen is completely healthy before we declare Lannan meat.

Trade bait is what I suggested. Possible trade bait. He's a major league pitcher with experience, and a level-headed player.

« Reply #253: April 25, 2010, 09:47:04 PM »
Trade bait is what I suggested. Possible trade bait. He's a major league pitcher with experience, and a level-headed player.

I understand that and agree. But I still think we should get a few more looks.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #254: April 25, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
I think Thompson is most likely your replacement for Lannan.  Another lefty but he's better at suppressing homers.

I agree with NOTLD - make sure of what you have in everyone else before letting go of Lannan.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #255: April 26, 2010, 01:16:52 AM »
We got a pic of that somewhere?

I saw the live interview on the post game show.  Wanted to use this:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #256: April 26, 2010, 02:45:12 AM »
With the loss of the Marlins, we are tied for second with them and the mets.

Heres to a winning road trip :cheers: :cheers:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #257: April 26, 2010, 05:03:06 AM »
lol ... lol ... lol ... again @ any of you who think the nats would get rid of john lannan.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #258: April 26, 2010, 09:22:17 AM »
I like Lannan but I agree if we could move him for a useful piece that would be great.  I really don't see him as more than a 4th starter on a winning team. 

He's been better than a 4th starter for his career, till so far this season, where he seems to be stepping back a bit.  I would generally evaluate him to be a bit better than a 4th starter, but I would agree that if we could get an important piece - say, a quality right fielder, that we do that deal.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #259: April 26, 2010, 09:25:39 AM »
If I'm Rizzo, I'm not even thinking about moving Lannan until I've seen how Strasburg/Detwiler/Wang do.  Just because we're suddenly a somewhat decent team doesn't mean we can afford to start trading away quality pitchers for bats.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #260: April 26, 2010, 09:26:07 AM »
If I'm Rizzo, I'm not even thinking about moving Lannan until I've seen how Strasburg/Detwiler/Wang do.  Just because we're suddenly a modestly good team doesn't mean we can afford to start trading away quality pitchers for bats.

This.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #261: April 26, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
If I'm Rizzo, I'm not even thinking about moving Lannan until I've seen how Strasburg/Detwiler/Wang do.  Just because we're suddenly a somewhat decent team doesn't mean we can afford to start trading away quality pitchers for bats.

Agreed, I'm not sure what people are thinking with all this trade Lannan talk lately. The guy has been our best pitcher that last couple years and is still only 25 years old. He is dependable and will remain in the rotation for quite some time, Rizzo knows what he's doing.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #262: April 26, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Agreed, I'm not sure what people are thinking with all this trade Lannan talk lately. The guy has been our best pitcher that last couple years and is still only 25 years old. He is dependable and will remain in the rotation for quite some time, Rizzo knows what he's doing.

True, but it appears we may have depth, or to Chief's point, once any or all of Wang, Detwiler, and Zimmermann are healed, we WILL have impressive depth.  If not Lannan, then maybe Stammen or Atilano or somebody else will work to help us fill that hole in right.  Nobody's saying let's rush out and dump Lannan.  He's a key member of our staff, and I have faith that he's on the right path to returning to form.