Author Topic: Curly W cap sightings (2007 - 2011)  (Read 45439 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Curly W cap sightings
« Reply #325: February 11, 2011, 02:13:28 AM »
DS9 is vastly underrated, IMO.  What makes it different from TNG is what makes it great.  You have to appreciate each for what they are.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #326: February 11, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
DS9 is vastly underrated, IMO.  What makes it different from TNG is what makes it great.  You have to appreciate each for what they are.

Getting way, way off topic here, but I think my dislike of DS9 stems from the fact I just really disliked the Bajoran story lines. The Dominion war was an epic bit of sci-fi storytelling, and the fact DS9s story was trotted out over the entire seven season run was historic for a sci-fi TV show. And the Dominion war/Wormhole was definitely a great storyline. I think I just disliked the Bajoran's since their story lines in TNG were weak, and it seemed like the Maquis took over TNG for a while as a means to promote DS9 inside of TNG. I just really, really didn't like the Bajoran religion and the Sisko as The Prophet stuff, but DS9 was easily the second best Trek series to TNG.

Like you said, each was extremely different, and I always enjoyed Trek from the exploration angle, which DS9 was clearly extremely weak in since it took place on a space station. Voyager could have and should have been my favorite by far due to the whole exploration of the unknown angle, but that show was a trainwreck from the get go. The Jeri Ryan lovefest since she was sleeping with one of the producers made it almost unwatchable towards the end. Never mind the fact they didn't get what made to Borg so great on TNG was the fact we only saw them once or twice a season. Borg every episode = no sense of a threat. Voyager was just a joke from S5 onward.

I love how Curly W cap sightings has turned into the WNFF geekdom/Trekkies thread. Next up:The Romulan Empire. Reintegration with Vulcan, or separate for all times?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #327: February 11, 2011, 03:01:22 AM »
I love how Curly W cap sightings has turned into the WNFF geekdom/Trekkies thread. Next up:The Romulan Empire. Reintegration with Vulcan, or separate for all times?

Doesn't matter now since Romulus blew up :mg:

@ Bajoran stuff - I don't mind it so much.  It's basically veiled sociopolitical commentary, for the most part.  But then, that's true of most episodes of TOS/TNG/DS9

I never really watched more than a handful of VOY episodes but I'll probably get bored enough to at least try going through them all after I finish TNG & DS9.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #328: February 11, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
When I went to summer camp as a 9 year old in 1968, I had my summer crew cut the day before camp. Therefore, my ears stuck out.  You can guess what my camp nickname was for the next 9 years (and to this day when I get together with a few of the former campers). 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #329: February 11, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »
Saw a person wearing a DC gap at Plaza Azteca in the new Westchester shopping center.

Looked a bit like Chief.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #330: February 11, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
Doubtful.  I rarely if ever wear my gear out in public unless I'm actually going to a game or Nats-related function.  It's not for a lack of pride in the team (though admittedly that can be hard to come by), it's more that I'm just not a bigtime hat person.  Though I did used to make it a point to rock the curly W whenever I went out in Ball'mer back when I lived there ;)

Also - there are Plaza Aztecas up here?  I thought that was a tidewater-only thing.  Between that, Mexico, and the recent encroachment of Pancho Villas, it seems like there would be TOO many mexican places.

Offline blue911

« Reply #331: February 11, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Wouldn't that have been EagleSkinz at the Plaza Azteca?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #332: February 11, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »
Doubtful.  I rarely if ever wear my gear out in public unless I'm actually going to a game or Nats-related function.  It's not for a lack of pride in the team (though admittedly that can be hard to come by), it's more that I'm just not a bigtime hat person.  Though I did used to make it a point to rock the curly W whenever I went out in Ball'mer back when I lived there ;)

Also - there are Plaza Aztecas up here?  I thought that was a tidewater-only thing.  Between that, Mexico, and the recent encroachment of Pancho Villas, it seems like there would be TOO many mexican places.

There's also a Plaza Azteca on the outskirts of Short Pump mall. Right on Broad Street just before you get to 288.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #333: February 11, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »
You sure you're not thinking of Mexico?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #334: February 11, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
You sure you're not thinking of Mexico?

Positive, head west past Applebees at Short Pump and right past the Japan steakhouse you'll see Plaza Azteca which is under construction/opened recently. It's before you get to WaWa right before 288.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #335: February 11, 2011, 04:43:20 PM »
Positive, head west past Applebees at Short Pump and right past the Japan steakhouse you'll see Plaza Azteca which is under construction/opened recently. It's before you get to WaWa right before 288.

I know the Steakhouse and WaWa you're talking about, but I don't head that way too often during cold months so that would explain why I haven't seen this mythical establishment ;)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #336: March 03, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
flew back from Orlando to Dulles yesterday at 7:00 PM, several folks on my plane were decked out head-to-toe in Nats hats/shirts.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #337: March 03, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »
rocked a nats cap into work today ... saw someone in the elevator doing the same ... we gave each other a nod.

« Reply #338: March 03, 2011, 06:22:18 PM »
Saw a guy in a Nats cap smoking a cigarette at a bus stop in Cocoa Beach this afternoon.

Offline blue911

« Reply #339: March 03, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
Saw a guy in a Nats cap smoking a cigarette at a bus stop in Cocoa Beach this afternoon.

Scott Olsen?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #340: March 03, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

Natsaddict?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #341: March 04, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »

My brother-in-law?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #342: March 04, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
My brother-in-law?

Natsaddict is your brother-in-law?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #343: March 04, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
It looks like they're doing ESPN's First Take from Disney and they just showed a dude in the crowd wearing a Nats hat and T-shirt in the front row.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #344: March 04, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
I saw a guy with a beard that may have been but probably wasn't Saltydad at a kid's exhibit at the Air and Space the other day. He had a red and blue DC cap.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #345: March 06, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Kid in a Zimmerman shirt on a dock in Hilton Head, SC. Been rocking the DC cap myself.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #346: March 22, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
The Lids at Pentagon City is a treasure trove. I left with a toddler sized blue and white cap with a red curly W, but they have a crazy selection. Some of the caps even have a straight W and say Senators :shock:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #347: March 22, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »
Anyone notice the MLB logo on the authentics have changed?

Offline natstime

« Reply #348: March 22, 2011, 08:50:18 PM »
I spent a week in arizona watching spring training down there and throughout the week i saw 4 people wearing nationals gear.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #349: March 22, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
I spent a week in arizona watching spring training down there and throughout the week i saw 4 people wearing nationals gear.

the Lerners and their assistants?