Author Topic: MLB 2K6 thread  (Read 5162 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Topic Start: August 09, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »
Hey Colt, if you dont mind, I'm gonna start a thread on MLB 2K6.  I'll start a new Nats dynasty.

LINEUP:

LF Soriano
SS Lopez
3B Zimmerman
1B Johnson
RF Kearns
CF Church
2B Vidro
C Schneider

ROTATION:

SP Patterson
SP Ortiz
SP Armas
SP Lawrence
SP Drese

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #1: August 09, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »
Knock yourself out, I'm really doing it for myself so the games actually mean something and I don't get bored  :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #2: August 09, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »
My rules:

20 game season.

3-3-5 postseason format.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #3: August 09, 2006, 07:21:33 PM »
Washington Nationals (0-0) @ Atlanta Braves (0-0)

Final Score (15):
Washington 0
Atlanta 1

Keys to the Game:
Pitching
Defense
Lack of clutch hitting/baserunning

Player of the Game:
Marcus Giles

With two outs and nobody on in the bottom of the 15th, Marcus wraps up a great 4 for 6 night with a walk-off, 406' jack to left-center.

Notable Performances:
John Patterson: 11 shutout innings, 3 hits allowed
John Smoltz: 8 shutout innings, 8 hits allowed
Alfonso Soriano: 4-6, 4 singles

Summary:
Through the first 7 innings, neither team had much opportunity to score.  But in the top of the eighth, with runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs, Felipe Lopez singles.  The throw home sailed over the catchers head, and Schneider tried to advance, and was thrown out.  And then in the ninth,
there was 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs, and Vidro couldnt deliver.  Many great defensive plays later, in the 12th, it was Andruw Jones with the bases loaded with 1 out.  He DPed to end the threat.  But in the 15th, Marcus Giles sent the crowd home happy with a 406' home run to left center.  Game over, 1-0 Braves.

Offline UMDNats

MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #4: August 09, 2006, 09:44:26 PM »
Patterson pitched 11 shut out innings, wow.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #5: August 09, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
Washington Nationals (0-1) @ New York Mets (0-1)

Final Score:
Washington 0
NY Mets 6

Keys to the Game:
Shaky defense
Lack of momentum
Lack of hitting

Player of the Game:
Tom Glavine

Glavine pitched a complete-game shutout, overmatching the entire Nationals lineup, limiting them to just five hits.

Notable Performances:
Carlos Beltran: 2-4, 458' home run
Ramon Ortiz: 5 innings, 4 runs allowed, 8 hits :x
Ryan Zimmerman: 0-4, 2 DP's, 2 errors :x

Summary:
One word describes this game: overmatched.  The Nationals batters were mortified by Tom Glavine today.  They never ceased to hit the ball, but they almost always produced weak groundouts.  Only one Nationals batter hit a ball out of the infield (Ryan Church double).  Carlos Beltran dialed in for a 2-run homer to make it 6-0.  The Nationals will try to get back on track when they face the Padres in San Diego.  The Nats find themselves in last place in the division at 0-2, and have yet to score a run.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #6: August 09, 2006, 11:00:42 PM »
Washington Nationals (0-2) @ San Diego Padres (1-3)

Final Score:
Washington 2
San Diego 1

Keys to the Game:
Pitching
Home runs
Rallies

Player of the Game:
Alfonso Soriano

Soriano snapped the Nationals scoreless streak, hitting a 436' home run to give the Nats a 1-0 lead.  Ultimately going 4-4 with a HR and 3 singles, Soriano also shined in left field.  He provided the spark that led the Nats to their first win.

Notable Performances:
Felipe Lopez: 2-4, 500' home run
Tony Armas: 7 shutout innings, 4 hits allowed
Dave Roberts: 2-4, run scored

Summary:
A pitchers duel through four innings, this game was resembling Opening Day vs. the Braves.  But to lead off the fifth inning, Alfonso Soriano dialed in for his first home run of the season off Chris Young.  Felipe Lopez also smacked a 500' home run on the next pitch offered by Young.  The Nationals pitching cruised, with Tony Armas pitching 7 shutout innings, and Ayala working the eighth, they gave the ball to the closer, Chad Cordero.  Cordero retired Mike Piazza and Vinny Castilla on strikeouts and groundouts, respectively.  Then, Dave Roberts singled up the middle, and promptly stole second base.  Todd Walker then singled to drive in Roberts to make it a one-run game.  Then Brian Giles also singled to right field, to bring up the Nationals' kryptonine, Khalil Greene.  On a 1-2 pitch, Greene flied to first base.  Nick Johnson caught the fly, and the Nationals won their first game of the year.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #7: August 09, 2006, 11:49:48 PM »
New York Mets (2-2) @ Washington Nationals (1-2)

Final Score:
New York 2
Washington 0

Keys to the Game:
Pitching
Lack of clutch hitting
Lack of momentum

Player of the Game:
Paul Lo Duca

Lo Duca's 348' jack that hit the foul pole in left field accounted for both of the Mets' runs.  He finished the day 1-4.

Notable Performances:
Brian Lawrence: 5 shutout innings, 3 hits allowed
Aaron Heilman: 8 shutout innings, 5 hits allowed
Billy Wagner: 1 shutout inning, save

Summary:
A pitchers duel through 5 innings, Brian Lawrence was removed from the game in the bottom of the 4th in favor of pinch-hitter Jose Guillen.  Luis Ayala came in relief, only to give up the descisive, two-run homer in the 6th inning.  Once again, the Nationals offense looked flat, not being able to get the clutch hits to drive in runs.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #8: August 10, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
San Francisco Giants (2-2) @ Washington Nationals (1-3)

Final Score:
San Francisco 1
Washington 0

Keys to the Game:
Pitching
Defense
Lack of clutch hitting

Player of the Game:
Ray Durham

With two outs and runners on the corners, Durham hit a ball that looked playable for Kearns into right field, getting a double and driving in the descisive run for the Giants to take the ball game.

Notable Performances:
Ryan Drese: 9 innings, 1 run allowed, 6 hits allowed, 10 K
Brad Hennessey: 8 shutout innings, 6 hits allowed
Alfonso Soriano: 2-4, double, single

Summary:
The Giants appeared to be the overmatched team through six innings, striking out nine times up to that point.  But in the seventh, with runners on first and third, Ray Durham doubled into the gap in right-center field, plating catcher Mike Matheney.  The Nationals continued struggling with RISP on the season, never plating a run any other way than the solo home run.

Offline UMDNats

MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #9: August 10, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »
Sounds like you're having a tough time batting with RISP. How realistic! Just like the real nats!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #10: August 10, 2006, 03:11:26 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Sounds like you're having a tough time batting with RISP. How realistic! Just like the real nats!

:lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #11: August 10, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »
Washington Nationals (1-4) @ Houston Astros (2-3)

Final Score:
Washington 1
Houston 9

Keys to the Game:
Home runs
Lack of pitching
Lack of defense

Player of the Game:
Preston Wilson

Wilson hit two home runs, a solo shot in the third to make it 3-1 Astros, then a 2-run shot in the fifth to make it 6-1 Stros.  

Notable Performances:
John Patterson: 7 innings, 8 runs allowed :x
Alfonso Soriano: 2-4, 1 run scored, double, single
Aubrey Huff: 4-6, 2-run home run

Summary:
The Nationals got their momentum early, as Nick Johnson hit a two-out double with Alfonso Soriano at first.  Soriano tried to go home, and would have been out, but railroaded the catcher Brad Ausmus.  Ausmus left the game, and Soriano was safe, and Nick Johnson went to third.  Then the momentum quickly shifted as back-to-back homers from Aubrey Huff and Preston Wilson set the stage for a 9-1 blowout over the Nationals and the poor pitching of John Patterson, following his performance of 11 shutout innings.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #12: August 10, 2006, 05:02:36 PM »
Atlanta Braves (4-3) @ Washington Nationals (1-5)

Final Score:
Atlanta 1
Washington 5

Keys to the Game:
Clutch hitting
X-tra base hits
Pitching

Player of the Game:
Jose Guillen

With the bases loaded and no body out in the 8th inning, Guillen started a huge rally with a RBI single to drive in Nick Johnson and give the Nationals the go-ahead.

Notable Performances:
Alfonso Soriano: 3-5, 2 runs scored, triple, 2 singles
Ramon Ortiz: 8 innings, 1 run allowed
Nationals: 17 hits

Summary:
The Nationals and Braves game was reminiscent of the Opening Day matchup, with pitching ruling the game.  Jeff Francouer made the play of the day, robbing a home run from Nick Johnson in the fifth.  The game was deadlocked until the eighth inning, when the Nationals had the bases loaded with no one out.  Church on third, Kearns on second, and PH Daryle Ward on first.  Jose Guillen started the rally with a go-ahead single.  The Nats scored three more on a 3-run triple by Felipe Lopez.  Chad Cordero came in a non-save situation to close the door by striking out the side in order.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #13: August 10, 2006, 05:10:52 PM »
I was looking through the game reports and all of them said the game ended in 15 innings  :)

Fixed.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #14: August 10, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »
Washington Nationals (2-5) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (7-2)

Final Score:
Washington 2
LA Dodgers 3

Keys to the Game:
Home runs
Defense
Lack of clutch hitting

Player of the Game:
Dioneir Navarro

With nobody out in the eighth with the score tied 2-2, Navarro lifted a 0-2 heater upstairs gone into deep left field, which was the eventual game-winner.

Notable Performances:
Brian Schneider: 2-3, 443' home run, double
Austin Kearns: 2-4, 455' home run, single
Derek Lowe: 7 innings, 2 runs allowed

Summary:
In the bottom of the first innings, the Dodgers took the lead with a bang, with back-to-back homers by Jeff Kent and JD Drew.  The Nationals responded quickly, with Brian Schneider exiting in the third to right field.  Austin Kearns tied it up in the seventh with a mammoth shot to center.  The tie carried into the bottom of the eighth, when Dioneir Navarro broke the tie with a shot to center field.  The Nationals could not capitalize on a leadoff single and error by the Dodger first baseman on a pickoff throw, allowing Soriano to get to second base.  Nick Johnson, Ryan Zimmerman, and Austin Kearns all stranded Soriano on second base to end the game.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #15: August 10, 2006, 07:56:50 PM »
St. Louis Cardnials (4-3) @ Washington Nationals (2-6)

Final Score:
Washington 4
St. Louis 2

Keys to the Game:
Momentum
Pitching
Clutch hitting

Player of the Game:
Nick Johnson

With no one out and runners on first and second, Alfonso Soriano grounded into a double play with the game scoreless.  Then with two outs and Jose Vidro on third, Nick Johnson hit up the middle to keep the inning alive and drive in a run, he would score as the Nationals scored four in the inning.

Notable Performances:
Jose Vidro: 2-4, run scored
Austin Kearns: 3-4, RBI
Scott Rolen: 2-4, run scored, RBI

Summary:
The game stayed scoreless until the fourth inning.  There were runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, when Alfonso Soriano grounded into a double play.  Then Nick Johnson singled up the middle with two outs to plate Jose Vidro from 3rd.  Austin Kearns then doubled into the gap in left center to plate Felipe Lopez.  And with a man on 2nd with two outs, Ryan Church singled, to make it two outs with runners on the corners.  And then Brian Schneider doubled to plate Austin Kearns, the fourth run of the inning.  The Cardnials scored runs in the top of the 5th and 7th innings.  The Nationals then strike back in the bottom of the eighth.  But the Nationals are unable to plate a run with the bases loaded and one out.  Nick Johnson and Ryan Zimmerman both pop out to end the threat.  To cap off a great night, Cordero slams the door, retiring the side in order in the dangerous form of Rolen-Pujols-Edmonds.  The Nationals have now won 2 of their last 3, outscoring opponents 12-5 during the stretch, compared to being outscored 20-3 in their first 6 games.

Offline Vladman1327

MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #16: August 10, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »
Comment.

Satisfied? :D

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #17: August 10, 2006, 11:10:54 PM »
Quote from: "Vladman1327"
Comment.

Satisfied? :D

Thanks  :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #18: August 10, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
Milwaukee Brewers (2-4) @ Washington Nationals (3-6)

Final Score:
Milwaukee 1
Washington 5

Keys to the Game:
Pitching
Home runs
Clutch hitting

Player of the Game:
Ryan Drese

Drese truly did it all in this game.  On the pitching side, he went 6+ innings strong, shutting out the opposition with 8 strikeouts, before giving up a 417' home run to left field off the bat of Geoff Jenkins.  Drese was no slouch with the bat either.  He went 2-2, stroking a two-run double with no out and the bases loaded.

Notable Performances:
Ryan Church: 3-5, 2-run homer
Nick Johnson: 2-5, double, 2 run scored
Geoff Jenkins: 2-4, solo homer

Summary:
There was great pitching by Dave Bush and Ryan Drese up until the 4th inning.  The Nationals had the bases loaded with no one out, when Ryan Drese plated two with a double to the gap in right-center, which proved to be all the Nats would need.  Geoff Jenkins hit a solo shot in the 7th, exiting starter Ryan Drese.  Jon Rauch pitched the remaining 3 innings without surrendering a hit.  The Nationals tacked on three more in the 8th, on a Nick Johnson RBI single to drive in Jose Vidro, while Ryan Church homered on the next pitch, plating Johnson.  The Nationals have won 3 of their last 4 games, outscoring the opposition 17-6.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #19: August 10, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »
All-Star Break Report

Standings:
Philadelphia: 7-2
NY Mets: 6-4
Atlanta: 5-5
Washington: 4-6
Florida: 1-10

Runs-Runs Allowed
20-26

Runs Per Game

Team ERA

Notes
First 6 games:
1-5, 3 runs, 20 runs allowed

Last 4 games:
3-1, 20 runs, 6 runs allowed

Offline Vladman1327

MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #20: August 11, 2006, 12:11:03 AM »
Hmm...the first three games were pathetic.  But apparently you picked up your performance. :)

I had MLB 2k6 for XBox, but I sold it back.  I went back to playing MVP 05.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #21: August 11, 2006, 12:18:02 AM »
Hmm...the first three games were pathetic.  But apparently you picked up your performance. :)

2k6 for the 360, the graphics are 10 times better.  But there was something about MVP 05 for Gamecube that made it a great game.  2k6 lacks that.  Maybe its the fact that you can play minor league baseball.........to tell you the truth when I had MVP I always played MILB.  I took the San Jose Giants (A), made some trades, and played as them all the time.  If 2k6 had that, oh man, would I be hooked!  Its sucks they didnt come out with a MVP 06.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #22: August 11, 2006, 01:45:22 AM »
Houston (9-2) @ Washington Nationals (4-6)

Final Score:
Houston 3
Washington 1

Keys to the Game:
Lack of clutch pitching
Hitting
Defense

Player of the Game:
Lance Berkman

With two outs in the top of the ninth and runners on the corners with a 1-0 deficit, Lance Berkman unloaded on a 2-0 Chad Cordero offering into the Nationals bullpen.  His 3-run shot proved to be the game-winner.

Notable Performances:
Brian Schneider: 3-3, 444' home run, triple, double
John Patterson: 8 shutout innings, 3 hits allowed
Andy Pettite: 7 2/3 innings, 1 run, 5 strikeouts

Summary:
This was, as expected, an old-fashioned pitcher's duel.  Andy Pettite and John Patterson dueled it out, and both held the opposition scoreless except for a Brian Schneider solo home run in the bottom of the 4th inning.  In the top of the ninth, after surrendering a leadoff base hit, the Nationals gave the ball to their closer, Chad Cordero.  The first pitch he threw was a strike that Brian Schneider let by him for a passed ball.  Cordero induced a ground ball, then allowed a hit into left field.  He then struck out Preston Wilson with one out and runners on the corners.  After falling behing Lance Berkman with two outs, he pitched a low fastball, and Berkman dialed in for a three-run, opposite-field home run.

Offline UMDNats

MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #23: August 11, 2006, 09:32:25 AM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"

2k6 for the 360, the graphics are 10 times better.  But there was something about MVP 05 for Gamecube that made it a great game.  2k6 lacks that.  Maybe its the fact that you can play minor league baseball.........to tell you the truth when I had MVP I always played MILB.  I took the San Jose Giants (A), made some trades, and played as them all the time.  If 2k6 had that, oh man, would I be hooked!  Its sucks they didnt come out with a MVP 06.

Yea, these licenses with NFL, MLB, etc are dumb and ruin the sports gaming industry.
2k's baseball game is 100% inferior to MVP 05, in every way, shape, and form.
Meanwhile, Madden stopped 2k from making the 2k football series, which was the best football games.

And they did make a MVP 06 - it was just college baseball.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
MLB 2K6 thread
« Reply #24: August 11, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Quote from: "2k6nats"

Yea, these licenses with NFL, MLB, etc are dumb and ruin the sports gaming industry.
2k's baseball game is 100% inferior to MVP 05, in every way, shape, and form.
Meanwhile, Madden stopped 2k from making the 2k football series, which was the best football games.

And they did make a MVP 06 - it was just college baseball.

I wouldnt go that far:

You can create a tournament in MLB 2k6
    You can create a GM Career in 2k6
    The graphics are ten times better in 2k6
    You can customize what song you want playing when something happens (eg 3-run home run) in 2k6
    You can play in the World Baseball Classic in 2k6
    You have a ton of stats available in-game (Home run distance, Pitcher in-depth comparisons, etc.)
    And of course, the rosters are close to perfectly accurate.

I agree with you in that MVP 05 is a great game, and I would have preferred a MVP 06 over a MLB 2k6.  However, if I had to choose between MVP and MLB 2k6, I would keep MLB 2k6.