Author Topic: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 2  (Read 21945 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 2
« Reply #325: August 23, 2009, 12:26:37 AM »
We have NO depth off the bench.

Morse is never used, hasn't even played in the field yet IIRC.
Padilla is minor league trash and the ONLY reason we called him up was to be nice guys
Willie has a nice OBP and is good at defense, he's a decent option.
Bard kinda sucks. Hitting like .230
Belliard only hits home runs and extra base hits, he's been solid in August but still is overall sub-par.
Gonzalez's DP in the first inning was a dagger and a light-hitting .260 hitter is nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, the only player on the above list who should be on the bench next year is Willie. Why we have Padilla up here instead of someone like Maxwell (who isn't great, but is at least a prospect) is beyond me.

If we still play Padilla in September I'm going to be furious. September should be constant starts for guys like Maxwell (RF), Desmond (SS, 2B?), Morse (anywhere, probably 2B). And we'd better not see Sosa coming into games if we call up some younger guys like Wilkie (unlikely, since we LOVE the journeymen).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #326: August 23, 2009, 09:10:42 AM »
"let's go brewers" chants.

rejects. they have arguably been the most disappointing team in baseball this year.

All the Nats fans left during the rain delay. The drunken Brewers fans only get to see their team a few times a year, so they stayed. But they had no knowledge of their team - they were shocked that Kendall is such a pathetic hitter.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #327: August 23, 2009, 09:15:17 AM »
give Saul credit. rough start but he bounced back

He was in there too long. His last inning he was getting smoked and got bailed out by the outfield.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #328: August 23, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
I'm a little pissed at the team management right now. Lots of people walked up after the first couple innings when they were sure the rain was over. All the 5 dollar and even 10 dollar tickets went to jerks that took their bobbleheads and went home. The cheapest they had left after the 2nd inning were 20 dollar tickets - lots of people found that out and walked away. Down 8-2 after a 2hr rain delay and they wanted 20 bucks to get in. Idiotic move after $1 ticket day. Luckily a kind soul with 2 extra tickets gave us some for a friend that tagged along - the lone scalper wanted 25 bucks for his crappy seats.

I was impressed again by the genial staff though.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #329: August 23, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
I'm a little pissed at the team management right now. Lots of people walked up after the first couple innings when they were sure the rain was over. All the 5 dollar and even 10 dollar tickets went to jerks that took their bobbleheads and went home. The cheapest they had left after the 2nd inning were 20 dollar tickets - lots of people found that out and walked away. Down 8-2 after a 2hr rain delay and they wanted 20 bucks to get in. Idiotic move after $1 ticket day. Luckily a kind soul with 2 extra tickets gave us some for a friend that tagged along - the lone scalper wanted 25 bucks for his crappy seats.

I was impressed again by the genial staff though.

the ticket prices are set, so they aren't going to chop down the price just b/c of conditions (score, weather, etc).  i know what you are saying, but i understand why they don't decrease the price.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #330: August 23, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »
On our way out in the 5th inning we gave a guy in a DC United shirt our seats in 116 (we got free PNC Diamond Club seats but brought our usual ones just in case) for 5 bucks. We would've given 'em all away if there were more people.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #331: August 23, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »
the ticket prices are set, so they aren't going to chop down the price just b/c of conditions (score, weather, etc).  i know what you are saying, but i understand why they don't decrease the price.

There were what, 5000 people left? They should have a late inning discount.  I understand the policy - but they angered people dedicated enough to schlep out to the game in that weather.