Author Topic: NCAA College Football Thread (2012)  (Read 2088 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: NCAA College Football Thread (2012)
« Reply #50: July 17, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
There will still be a college football game though.  It just won't carry the "NCAA" tag.

will anyone take the time to get individual licenses from conferences, schools and bowls, or will it be Virginia Generic Name vs. Maryland Generic Name playing the Generic Name Bowl?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #51: July 17, 2013, 04:41:33 PM »
will anyone take the time to get individual licenses from conferences, schools and bowls, or will it be Virginia Generic Name vs. Maryland Generic Name playing the Generic Name Bowl?
I'm sure EA is exploring it. It's a huge money maker. The expense will likely be worth it if they can get the schools to sign off on it.  Might even see them work a deal with someone like ESPN who has rights to just about every conference on some level to work something out.  Maybe they take a year off to figure out all the legalities, but the franchise isn't going anywhere and I don't expect the game to look that different when it's all said and done.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #52: July 17, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »
apparently there is a licensing group called CLC that actually has all the schools, conferences, etc. and can easily license it to EA. just won't have NCAA attached to it, apparently.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #53: July 17, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
apparently there is a licensing group called CLC that actually has all the schools, conferences, etc. and can easily license it to EA. just won't have NCAA attached to it, apparently.

I think you guys may be wishing and hoping a bit. I'm seeing this as the end to all college level video games. Just not worth the hassle with all the lawsuits.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #54: July 17, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
I think you guys may be wishing and hoping a bit. I'm seeing this as the end to all college level video games. Just not worth the hassle with all the lawsuits.

thats what i figured, but all these college football/video games people are reporting that EA is going to keep making games, so who knows

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #55: July 17, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
thats what i figured, but all these college football/video games people are reporting that EA is going to keep making games, so who knows

And I was wrong.

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-sports-and-college-football

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #56: July 17, 2013, 06:13:06 PM »
And I was wrong.

http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-sports-and-college-football
We'll see what impact the Ed Obannon case has, that could still dramatically shift the paradigm.