Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171492 times)

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #525: September 05, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
Yes...usually a security guard in the lot.  $5 or $10...it varies and I haven't figured out how they decide.  Best bet for directions is use the interactive map on the Nats site, I know how to get there, but I don't think I'd get the street names right.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #526: September 05, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Oakton,+VA&daddr=S+Capitol+St+SW&hl=en&ll=38.875265,-77.154922&spn=0.185226,0.41851&sll=38.875375,-77.155445&sspn=0.185226,0.41851&geocode=FbFGUQIdr3tk-ynNEaNUQkm2iTFYPBcnQ7InmA%3BFctPUQIdIO9o-w&oq=+Oakton,+VA&mra=ls&t=m&z=12

Does that look right? I may take 66 E. It should be faster, but you never know when people will be stupid or when they'll be doing construction.

Looks like it says it will take half an hour from Oakton/Vienna. Is that about right, or do I need plan on a lot more time?

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #527: September 05, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
Sat morning I think I'd take 66 to 110 south to 395 east.  I haven't driven that in a long time on Sat, but 1/2 hr seems about right

Offline Displaced Bucco

Offline Slateman

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #532: September 05, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »
The first one was correct, except don't take the left onto D St.  Washington merges onto S Capitol and the lot is on the right under the freeway.

Offline Slateman

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #534: September 05, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
Yes, like that.  It's kind of cluttered under there, but its at a stop light and not too hard to find.  Very light traffic at that time.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #536: September 05, 2012, 10:26:31 PM »
Yes, like that.  It's kind of cluttered under there, but its at a stop light and not too hard to find.  Very light traffic at that time.

Is the stop light after the highway, under it, or before it?

And if I miss it can I just keep going and park in other lots?

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #537: September 05, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »
It's at the entrance to the lot under the freeway.  If you miss it, there's a regular commerical lot further down S Capitol, but speed limit in there is 25mph, so I don't think you'll miss it!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #538: September 06, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »
While we're on the subject of getting to/from the ballpark, here's Metro's track work (particularly heavy on the Red line) for this weekend's Marlins series (thank goodness the Saturday and Sunday fixtures are in the afternoon):

Metro weekend track work September 7-9

Buses replace Red Line trains between Dupont Circle and NoMa-Gallaudet U

Efforts to improve and rebuild the Metrorail system will continue over the weekend of September 7-9, 2012, including a major project on the Red Line to improve wireless communications. All work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday, September 7, and continue through system closing on Sunday, September 9.

Red Line

Free shuttle buses will replace Red Line trains between Dupont Circle and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations to allow for installation of new fiber optic cable for improved wireless communications, as well as track maintenance and third rail upgrades.

The following stations will be affected:

•Dupont Circle - open for rail service to/from Shady Grove only
•Farragut North - closed
•Metro Center - open for Blue/Orange line service only (NOTE: The station entrances at 11th & G St NW and 13th & G St NW will be closed. The entrances at 12th & G St NW and 12th & F St NW will remain open.)
•Gallery Place - open for Green/Yellow line service only (NOTE: The station entrance at 9th & G St NW will be closed. The entrances at 7th & H St NW and 7th & F St NW will remain open.)
•Judiciary Square - closed
•Union Station - closed (NOTE: Shuttle buses will depart from First Street NE, outside the Metro station entrance.)
•NoMa-Gallaudet U - open for rail service to/from Glenmont only
Red Line trains will operate in two sections:

•Between Shady Grove and Dupont Circle stations every 10 minutes between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., and at regular weekend intervals at other times.
•Between Glenmont and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations every 10 minutes between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., and at regular weekend intervals at other times.
Free shuttle bus service will operate on two routes:

•Limited stop buses will operate between Dupont Circle, Metro Center, Gallery Place and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations only. Customers using limited stop buses should allow up to 30 minutes of additional travel time.
•Local buses will stop at all stations. Customers using local bus service should allow up to 50 minutes of additional travel time.
Alternate travel options

•Many Metrorail stations are also served by Metrobus routes that travel to Downtown DC. To determine the best Metrobus itinerary for your trip, use Metro's Advanced Trip Planner, select your date of travel and choose "bus only" as your travel mode.
•DC Circulator provides frequent bus service along K Street NW, connecting Farragut North and Union Station and serving bus stops within walking distance of Metro Center and Gallery Place. For additional information, visit the DC Circulator website.
•Metrorail's Green Line provides service between Fort Totten (Red Line transfer station) and Gallery Place. Customers on the eastern side of the Red Line may wish to consider using the Green Line for travel to/from Gallery Place this weekend.
Last train information

•On Friday and Saturday nights, the last Red Line train from Shady Grove to Dupont Circle will depart 30 minutes earlier than normal, at 2:00 a.m. The last train from Glenmont to NoMa-Gallaudet U will depart 41 minutes earlier than normal, at 1:56 a.m.
•On Sunday night, the last Red Line train from Shady Grove to Dupont Circle will depart 30 minutes earlier than normal, at 11:00 p.m. The last train from Glenmont to NoMa-Gallaudet U will depart 41 minutes earlier than normal, at 10:56 p.m.
The September 7-9 Red Line track work project was first announced in April 2012.

Orange Line

Trains will single track through two work zones:

•Between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for testing associated with the Silver Line.
•Between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly to allow for platform reconstruction.
Throughout the weekend, Orange Line trains will operate every 24 minutes. Customers should allow 15 minutes of additional travel time.

Yellow Line

Trains will single track between Huntington and Braddock Road to allow for structural repairs, grout pad rehabilitation and drain cleaning. Throughout the weekend, Yellow Line trains will operate every 16 minutes between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square only. Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mt. Vernon Square should use Green Line trains to complete their trip. Yellow Line customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.

Blue Line

While there is no scheduled track work on the Blue Line, trains will operate every 16 minutes throughout the weekend to avoid conflicts with Orange and Yellow line trains.

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5321

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #539: September 06, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
I'm bringing some rain-terrified people to a game and want to know where to buy seats that are covered by a roof or overhang: is there a good list of covered sections/rows?

Are the Scoreboard Pavillion seats (e.g., Sec 238) all covered?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #540: September 06, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
I'm bringing some rain-terrified people to a game and want to know where to buy seats that are covered by a roof or overhang: is there a good list of covered sections/rows?

Are the Scoreboard Pavillion seats (e.g., Sec 238) all covered?

The crowd tonight will be sparse enough that you will have no problem moving back to a row that is covered. Although the Scoreboard Pavilion is one of the few sections with no covered seats.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #541: September 07, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
What are the handicapped parking options at the park? My mom cracked a rib and has a handicapped parking placard from the doc. I don't want her to have to walk too far if possible.

Offline Displaced Bucco

« Reply #542: September 07, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
That I don't know.  I think I'd go online and get the B or C garage spot for whatever outrageous ($40 I think) price if that's a major concern.  The elevators/stairwells exit right at the turnstiles.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #543: September 07, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
I've bought a bunch of garage passes on ebay for less than face

Offline Wormer

« Reply #544: September 12, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else.  I did do some searches :-) 

I am in need of garage parking for Friday's Springsteen concert.   The Nats garages are all sold out.   I always park in green k which is a surface lot.   

Anyone know of some public garage parking close to the stadium?

Thanks!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #545: September 12, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »

I am in need of garage parking for Friday's Springsteen concert.   The Nats garages are all sold out.   I always park in green k which is a surface lot.   

Thanks!

there's nothing real close to the stadium that I know of,  maybe consider parking near a metro stop and taking the train?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #546: September 13, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »

Thanks!

There's a lot on the north east corner of M street and Half Street SOUTHWEST (or said another way, if you are at the corner of M Street and Half Street Southwest, there is a surface parking lot in the northwest quadrant of that intersection.
It's across the street from the DCFD Maintainence facility - runs $20-25 on game days, suspect it will be open for the concert

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #547: September 19, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »
Do concession stands take debit cards?  I hate carrying cash and if I have to I'd like to get some while I'm still here and avoid the $25 worth of fees the banks will charge me for ATM usage.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #548: September 19, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »
Do concession stands take debit cards?  I hate carrying cash and if I have to I'd like to get some while I'm still here and avoid the $25 worth of fees the banks will charge me for ATM usage.

I'm pretty sure I've seen people using debit cards at the concessions.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #549: September 19, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »
Yes they take debit cards, I never use cash at the stadium