Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 4  (Read 22760 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 4
« Reply #375: July 05, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
I really would love to see the players reaction if Manny told them in the club house "It's alright guys, we will get em' next time!"

Zimmerman being the competitor he is would probably erupt the same way i did.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #376: July 05, 2007, 09:59:14 PM »
get em' next time is what is really making me  :rofl:

you would make a great T-Ball coach

T-Ball coach. That's pretty funny considering I told thundestruck the very same thing the other day in jest.

But dude you can scour the earth multiple times and not find anyone more competitive than me. I just know that as much as I hate seeing my boys drop one that I'll be right back tomorrow night to cheer them on.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #377: July 05, 2007, 09:59:33 PM »
Sorry, but how classic is this:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #378: July 05, 2007, 10:01:37 PM »
I really would love to see the players reaction if Manny told them in the club house "It's alright guys, we will get em' next time!"

This is hilarious. I'm literally laughing my ass off. But as entertaining as this has been I have to go walk my pooches.

BTW, in his postgame conference Manny Acta pretty much just said that we would get 'em next time  :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #379: July 05, 2007, 10:02:32 PM »

Agreed.  Accepting losing can only hurt us in the long run.  This team needs to go into every game expecting to win although sometimes it is unrealistic.  Although Manny is hiding emotions on the outside, I can indeed see that he is super pissed off inside. 

King and Holliday are talking about being frustrated as well. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #380: July 05, 2007, 10:05:21 PM »
Yeah but with all respect to wpa let's cut that suggestion to just get a beer and cry in it. But then again he's not old enough to drink yet so let's just cut him a break for being upset at the way we have been losing lately.

Agreed - no one is more competitive than me - that's why I love baseball - there's another game tomorrow and getting wrapped around the axel about a loss by a team that by all rights, really has no business even being competitive is not worth the misery - I love this team, the play hard, scrappy ball, they'll lose more than they win, but that's ok ... being a 40 something someone - and living without baseball in DC in 34 years ... I get fully how it works ... so Air Zimmerman has my full support .. and in this case ... my slack ... better days are coming - just have to be a little patient ...

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #381: July 05, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »
Agreed.  Accepting losing can only hurt us in the long run.  This team needs to go into every game expecting to win although sometimes it is unrealistic.  Although Manny is hiding emotions on the outside, I can indeed see that he is super pissed off inside. 

King and Holliday are talking about being frustrated as well. 

Thank you Sport Fan, I knew you would understand where I am coming from!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #382: July 05, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »
pardon my language but STFU. I hate that saying, get em next time. There won't be a next time until next year. The cubs owned our lives, and dominated us. Just stop it with this get em' next time crap.

If you cant have faith in the team you're "supposed" to be supporting and are a fan of, then excuse my language, but FTHO and go root for the Orioles or anybody else...

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #383: July 05, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »
Thank you Sport Fan, I knew you would understand where I am coming from!

Please don't think of that as a good thing if sportsfan is on your side. Unless you expect us to be an over .500 team, these losses shouldn't surprise you THAT much. Just find some positives and move on.

Dmitri's triple, Bergmann's pitching, and Zimmerman's catch were the highlights for us. All three give us something for the future. Dmitri, of course, giving us a prospect or two.

BTW, if I were a Cubs fan and they lost to the Nats (even 1 game), I'd feel as pissed off as y'all are about the Nats losing. They actually DESERVE to be pissed for a lot of reasons. In all honesty, with the Cubs lineup, we shouldn't be able to take even 1 from them...but we did. I'm not "satisfied" with that, but it's not completely surprising to see us lose to them.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #384: July 05, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »
Over 380 posts in the Gameday thread tonight and almost 200 of them are of the "supportive type" that sportsfan and Air Zimmerman are good at posting. You two should be ashamed to call yourselves fans of anything, never mind the Nats

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #385: July 05, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »
Over 380 posts in the Gameday thread tonight and almost 200 of them are of the "supportive type" that sportsfan and Air Zimmerman are good at posting. You two should be ashamed to call yourselves fans of anything, never mind the Nats
Hey Ken, call up Bowden and tell him to trade sportsfan and Fick to the Tigers for Verlander. I have faith he'll try.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #386: July 05, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
If you cant have faith in the team you're "supposed" to be supporting and are a fan of, then excuse my language, but FTHO and go root for the Orioles or anybody else...

How am i losing faith? I'm just sick of people not showing any emotion after we lose. Everyone is like O well, we're 17 games under .500, have lost of 8 of 10, but we'll get em' tomorrow! Peoples excuses as to why they feel that way are lame too. They say well, we were suppose to be historically bad so we've come to expect it. Have you guys ever head of OVERACHIEVING? When will people start to get irritated with our woeful play?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #387: July 05, 2007, 10:37:16 PM »
Hey Ken, call up Bowden and tell him to trade sportsfan and Fick to the Tigers for Verlander. I have faith he'll try.
Nice Personal attacks.. Who put you in charge of declaring who is a fan and who isn't?  What are the qualifications for being a Nationals fan?   I don't like stooping down to the level of putting down other people but if Chief doesn't have a problem with it then I might as well join in the fun.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #388: July 05, 2007, 10:38:01 PM »

Jim got back to me, he said the Tigers would consider the deal only if the Nats included Ericas Nats and Kimnat. I told him thanks for trying, but no thanks. He laughed and then hung up when I suggested sportsfan and Fick straight up for PAWS. (Tigers mascot)

I tried, sorry...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #389: July 05, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »
How am i losing faith? I'm just sick of people not showing any emotion after we lose. Everyone is like O well, we're 17 games under .500, have lost of 8 of 10, but we'll get em' tomorrow! Peoples excuses as to why they feel that way are lame too. They say well, we were suppose to be historically bad so we've come to expect it. Have you guys ever head of OVERACHIEVING? When will people start to get irritated with our woeful play?

Dude, I'm pissed off that we're losing so frequently, and sometimes not even competitive in spite of the score, but this game is over and I'm looking to come back tomorrow and take the opener against the Brewers. At no point did I say 'it's OK that we lost' because it's not OK as far as I'm concerned. But this game is over and I'm already starting to focus on tomorrow night's game.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #390: July 05, 2007, 10:46:03 PM »
Jim got back to me, he said the Tigers would consider the deal only if the Nats included Ericas Nats and Kimnat. I told him thanks for trying, but no thanks. He laughed and then hung up when I suggested sportsfan and Fick straight up for PAWS. (Tigers mascot)

I tried, sorry...

not that I'm advocating pulling the trigger on that deal but hypothetically, what could we get for kimnat and Erica?  :lol:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #391: July 05, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we don't sit around with emotionless expressions on our faces, we get just as frustrated as you or anyone else when the Nats don't do well. The difference between you and the rest of us, is that we don't belittle every player with comments like the ones you hand out.

You should have been born in the 50's or 60's, so you could learn humility of defeat. Right now, you're an ass when the Nats lose, and just as big an ass when they win. You need to either support the Nats or not support them at all. If you decide to support them, you cant demean then after every play that doesn't make you jump for joy. If you cant be a fan, leave.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #392: July 05, 2007, 10:51:57 PM »
Disappointing loss...not very clutch pitching methinks.  At least Kearns had a productive AB.

Well, we'll get 'em tomorrow... :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #393: July 05, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we don't sit around with emotionless expressions on our faces, we get just as frustrated as you or anyone else when the Nats don't do well. The difference between you and the rest of us, is that we don't belittle every player with comments like the ones you hand out.

You should have been born in the 50's or 60's, so you could learn humility of defeat. Right now, you're an ass when the Nats lose, and just as big an ass when they win. You need to either support the Nats or not support them at all. If you decide to support them, you cant demean then after every play that doesn't make you jump for joy. If you cant be a fan, leave.

In fairness to AZ, I don't think he's really critical of our ballclub.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #394: July 05, 2007, 11:03:33 PM »
Nice Personal attacks.. Who put you in charge of declaring who is a fan and who isn't?  What are the qualifications for being a Nationals fan?  I don't like stooping down to the level of putting down other people but if Chief doesn't have a problem with it then I might as well join in the fun.

Oh my God, could you make a more hypocritical statement?.

You wont stoop so low as to put down other people, but hey, if you play for the Washington Nationals, it's perfectly OK, to badmouth, demean, belittle, call them names and make any "cutting" statement about them that comes to mind.

I'm doing my very best to not lambast you, but you make it not only difficult, but pretty much impossible. If you cant see the damage you are doing, then I feel nothing but sorry for you.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #395: July 05, 2007, 11:05:58 PM »

not that I'm advocating pulling the trigger on that deal but hypothetically, what could we get for kimnat and Erica?  :lol:

Strangely, Jim isn't answering his phone... When (if) he does, I'll put the question to him

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #396: July 05, 2007, 11:07:02 PM »
Disappointing loss...not very clutch pitching methinks.  At least Kearns had a productive AB.

Well, we'll get 'em tomorrow... :lol:

Well said, but it sounds vaguely familiar... ;)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #397: July 05, 2007, 11:11:48 PM »
Oh my God, could you make a more hypocritical statement?.

You wont stoop so low as to put down other people, but hey, if you play for the Washington Nationals, it's perfectly OK, to badmouth, demean, belittle, call them names and make any "cutting" statement about them that comes to mind.

I'm doing my very best to not lambast you, but you make it not only difficult, but pretty much impossible. If you cant see the damage you are doing, then I feel nothing but sorry for you.
What damage I am doing?  My words/actions have no effect whatsoever on the game and it's results. The players determine the outcomes of games, not the fans.

You really think a player being paid millions (in some cases, hundreds of thousands) to play baseball every day really give a **** what some random fan says/thinks about him? Even if he does, oh well, he'll get over it. 

Just because I say something about a certain player during a GDT doesn't mean I hate him for all of eternity.  For example: "Damn Zimmerman, what an awful At-bat.." doesn't mean that I hate Ryan's guts and think he is the worst player in MLB.  It simply lets known my frustration with him during that 1 at-bat.  When I watch games I use my laptop to post so when I see a play I usually comment on it pretty fast, most times without fully thinking what I am typing (heat of the moment). 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #398: July 05, 2007, 11:16:50 PM »
What damage I am doing?  My words/actions have no effect whatsoever on the game and it's results. The players determine the outcomes of games, not the fans.

You really think a player being paid millions (in some cases, hundreds of thousands) to play baseball every day really give a **** what some random fan says/thinks about him? Even if he does, oh well, he'll get over it. 

I don't think that was his meaning. I think it's that it's hard to sit here, being a Nats fan, and truly believe that YOU are a Nats fan w/ all of the stuff you say regarding our players.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #399: July 05, 2007, 11:26:15 PM »

Are you aware that it was myself that posted that paragraph you quoted and not Sport Fan? Demeaning players? Get out of here with that absurd accusation.

Whatever, I am a NATIONALS FAN FOR LIFE, and i don't have to justify that.