Author Topic: Bonds Indicted  (Read 3958 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Bonds Indicted
« Reply #25: November 15, 2007, 06:48:54 PM »
God damn it. I wanted to watch PTI. Now I have to see this ****

wake me up when he either goes to jail or is completely cleared (no pun intended)

My thoughts exactly :D

However, the ESPN analysts do have a point: what evidence do they have now that they didn't a year ago?

MrMadison

« Reply #26: November 15, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
My thoughts exactly :D

However, the ESPN analysts do have a point: what evidence do they have now that they didn't a year ago?

Greg Anderson rolled over on Bonds and started snitching.  at least that is what I am hearing on other forums.

MrMadison

« Reply #27: November 15, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »
according to ESPN, Anderson was just released from prison.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: November 15, 2007, 07:11:29 PM »
according to ESPN, Anderson was just released from prison.

That may be significant. Of course it could also mean that they no longer need him to testify but it happened so soon after the breaking news of the indictment that it makes you wonder.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #29: November 15, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
Gee, I wonder what this does to the value of Mike Bacsik's signed bat?

What's such a joke about this whole thing is that it has been known all along that Bonds admitted doing steroids under oath. The only issue was that he said he didn't knowingly take them because he thought it was flaxseed oil. So it was obvious he was juiced, and he admitted to it. His excuse that he thought it was flaxseed oil is irrelevant. But clearly, no one would mistake the clear for flaxseed oil. So it was just a matter of time before someone rolled and stopped protecting his nonsense. All of his actions were well-documented in the Game of Shadows, and it won't be hard to prove him guilty. I believe 99% of federal indictments end in conviction/guilty plea. So I don't expect anything different here.

The shame is that as in almost all of these cases through history, it is the lie that catches people. I don't think of Bonds as being any more guilty of PEDs than probably half or more of the league. And this is something that Selig and the rest of the league was complicit in. They were just all smart enough not to get sworn in. But hopefully, Selig will one day get convicted of lying to congress or some other trumped up charge and die in prison.

arkymark

« Reply #30: November 15, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »

It was a joke.  :rofl:  Bonds was a major leaguer no matter what people may think of him and his character. His talent was beyond question to any objective observer.

I knew it was a joke.  I was rolling on the floor laughing.  I realized what a complete imbecile I am, and it was kind of funny.

« Reply #31: November 15, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
All of his actions were well-documented in the Game of Shadows, and it won't be hard to prove him guilty.

God that was a hard read.  Not in terms of understanding but just its shameful how bad it has gotten and how much this guy is attempting to get away with; it makes you so mad!  I was enraged after the first 30 pages so I had to put it down.  After a cool off spell, I continued.

MrMadison

« Reply #32: November 15, 2007, 08:31:54 PM »
i never did get around to reading that book. and i don't much feel like spending money to get it.

someone send me a copy :P

Offline blue911

« Reply #33: November 15, 2007, 09:30:40 PM »

If Bonds tested positive like this indictment says, then why did MLB sweep it under the rug and protect Bonds

The drug tests were not administered by MLB. They were part of the evidence gathered at BALCO headquarters and presented to the grand jury.

arkymark

« Reply #34: November 15, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »
Typical A Rod.  First he upstages the Serious.  Now he's upstaging Bonds's indictment.  Bet he does something when the Pope's here as well.

« Reply #35: November 15, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »
Typical A Rod.  First he upstages the Serious.  Now he's upstaging Bonds's indictment.  Bet he does something when the Pope's here as well.

They are probably just trying to offset the nastiness of the Bonds indictment or think they are.  They act like everyone actually gives a rats ass about A-Rod.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: November 15, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »
i never did get around to reading that book. and i don't much feel like spending money to get it.

someone send me a copy :P

Couldn't you find a copy of it at the public library? I just did a search at the Fairfax County public library and they have 21 copies available. I don't know where you live but you can probably get one at your local public library.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #37: November 15, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
I read a nine-page snipit of the book; made me pretty pissed off too NOTLD.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #38: November 15, 2007, 10:07:26 PM »
I just read a report on aol where Anderson's attorney, the notorious Mark Geragos, said that this all came as a surprise and that Greg never "snitched" even stating that the gov't leaned hard and said that the case couldN'T go forward w/o Anderson's testimony.  If that's true, then knowing Geragos, they might try to go after the gov't on that one.

I'm not one to gloat on someone else's problems, but I'm actually glad to see the jerk has been indicted.  I'm curious about the "when did they know and for how long" stuff, too.  And if it comes out that BS Selig has known all along and held off, I'll be super pissed and he should suffer serious consequences.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #39: November 15, 2007, 10:28:14 PM »
Why do I have this sinking feeling that Bonds may get away with this.   :roll:

Someone will mess up testimony or something and we'll get a stupid smirk.  Years later Barry will write a book IF I DID IT - II.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #40: November 15, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »

I'm not one to gloat on someone else's problems, but I'm actually glad to see the jerk has been indicted. 

By your own admission you'll never be able to make this claim again. You either don't gloat over someone else's problems or you do.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #41: November 15, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »
Why do I have this sinking feeling that Bonds may get away with this.   :roll:

Someone will mess up testimony or something and we'll get a stupid smirk.  Years later Barry will write a book IF I DID IT - II.

That's because you are used to the celebrities getting away with stuff. But this is the Feds. That's different.

natsfan1a

« Reply #42: November 16, 2007, 06:18:09 AM »
That's ironic. We interrupt this interruption to bring you this news flash. :lol:

God damn it. I wanted to watch PTI. Now I have to see this ****

natsfan1a

« Reply #43: November 16, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
On another note, the Post needs to print a correction for Wilbon's column, in which he stated that the pitcher who gave up the historic HR #756 had tested positive for steroids in the minors. That would be Clay Helmsley, who gave up #755, not Mike Bacsik, who gave up #756.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #44: November 16, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »
On another note, the Post needs to print a correction for Wilbon's column, in which he stated that the pitcher who gave up the historic HR #756 had tested positive for steroids in the minors. That would be Clay Helmsley, who gave up #755, not Mike Bacsik, who gave up #756.
Whew, that's a relief!

I think it will be difficult to find a venue for Bonds' trial. Even those who don't follow sports have heard of this case by now.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #45: November 16, 2007, 08:13:52 AM »

I saw that this morning, about fell out of my chair!  That stinking Wilbon, what a dope.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #46: November 16, 2007, 08:18:53 AM »
I saw that this morning, about fell out of my chair!  That stinking Wilbon, what a dope.

Shows how much Wilbon follows baseball or how meticulous he about his work because that mistake was made back when Bacsik served it up for Bonds and was quickly caught and corrected.  :icon_mrgreen:

natsfan1a

« Reply #47: November 16, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
I tried to comment on the Post site but couldn't get the "comments" function to work for Wilbon's column. One would hope that a proofreader or fact checker could catch something like that, even if Wilbon was clueless.

natsfan1a

« Reply #48: November 16, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »
Seriously, did they make the same mistake before? I don't remember.

Shows how much Wilbon follows baseball or how meticulous he about his work because that mistake was made back when Bacsik served it up for Bonds and was quickly caught and corrected.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #49: November 16, 2007, 08:32:02 AM »
Seriously, did they make the same mistake before? I don't remember.

They made that mistake back in August or whenever it was that Bacsik served it up. Wilbon must've heard it then and still thinks it's correct info. Or maybe Wilbon knows something the rest of us don't know, but Wilbon is an idiot anyway so I doubt it.