Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 14105 times)

Offline NatsAddict

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #225: April 20, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »
Hanley had a more productive year last year.  His speed gives him a slight edge.

Would you please inform Fredi?  He said he doesn't want Hanley to steal bases this year.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #226: April 20, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
You can go support them if you want. I'll hang out with my team here.

Another game, another loss, why didn't I support the bloody orioles!!

Perez has proved again why he deserves a spot on the rotation. he will walk of the field a proud man, because again the starting pitcher has done everything they can to put us in a position to win. No offense and no bullpen to finish it off. What a disgrace.

When can we expect the likes of Zimmerman, "the face of the franchise", to start hitting and coming through in the clutch to get some wins?

On second thoughts, it seems more than perfect that the face of this franchise is the most disappointing, worst producing, ineffective player we have. Seems very relevant, wouldn't you agree?

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #227: April 20, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »
You can go support them if you want. I'll hang out with my team here.

Intended as a joke, it is hard to show humour on forums, I hope you agree. Right now we are in a real crisis, and something needs to be done. Dukes coming back might be the impact, but dropping Zimmerman from the 3 hole could be the answer. The problem is our prospects in the minors who are ready for the majors, such as Balester, are players we don't necessarily need, because the rotation is looking good. As far as I am aware, Maxwell and Marrero are not ready yet, so is there anything realistic we can do to sort out this dearth of offense?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #228: April 20, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
Would you please inform Fredi?  He said he doesn't want Hanley to steal bases this year.
:lol: Well, he does have five steals and no caught-stealings so far, so it looks like Hanley and possibly the Marlins' base coaches said to hell with that dumbass.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #229: April 20, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
People keep saying that Zimmerman will eventually break out of this miserable slump. What if in two weeks we're still saying the same thing about Zimmerman?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #230: April 20, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
People keep saying that Zimmerman will eventually break out of this miserable slump. What if in two weeks we're still saying the same thing about Zimmerman?

If it holds it might be time to sign him long term at a discount? :)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #231: April 20, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
If it holds it might be time to sign him long term at a discount? :)

this is EXACTLY what i feared was going to happen. z-man is pressing out there, and a part of that is due to the fact that he's seeking big money this off-season.

« Reply #232: April 20, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
this is EXACTLY what i feared was going to happen. z-man is pressing out there, and a part of that is due to the fact that he's seeking big money this off-season.

You have to be retarded. You spent all off-season whining that Zimmerman was losing concentration because he wasn't making enough money, now you are somehow trying to get us to choke on the delusional fact that the reason Zimmerman is sucking right now because he is too busy thinking about how much big money he can make?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #233: April 20, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
I have my doubts he's pressing because he is arbitration eligible after this year. That said, none of us knows whats going on in his head. Until he gets past it, I'd rather see him bat lower in the order. He's a black hole in the #3 slot right now.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #234: April 20, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
You have to be retarded. You spent all off-season whining that Zimmerman was losing concentration because he wasn't making enough money, now you are somehow trying to get us to choke on the delusional fact that the reason Zimmerman is sucking right now because he is too busy thinking about how much big money he can make?

Thank you for calling him out.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #235: April 20, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »

yes, that is precisely what i am saying. z-man is pressing PARTLY because he knows this is a huge yr for him if he wants to get the $$$ he's seeking. it seems like this slump is starting to snowball, but he'll snap out of it. no worries.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #236: April 20, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
I think the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that I don't expect young "stars" to ever be in a slump for THIS long. You shouldn't have to doubt your stars. He "deserves" to be moved down in the lineup.

« Reply #237: April 20, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
yes, that is precisely what i am saying. z-man is pressing PARTLY because he knows this is a huge yr for him if he wants to get the $$$ he's seeking. it seems like this slump is starting to snowball, but he'll snap out of it. no worries.

I haven't heard something that stupid in a long time.  Thanks for the laugh.