Author Topic: Arizona Fall League - 2010 (updated "It's Harper Time")  (Read 18067 times)

Offline houston-nat

tto
*googles this acronym*
Tea tree oil?
Transtracheal oxygen?
Three true outc...oh whoops I'm stupid.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Lombardozzi off to a fast start.

2-2, 2 2B's

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Harper for the PNats!  Heck yeah!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Cole Kimball is closing out the game today... to say I'm impressed by his Pitch F/X numbers would be an understatement.

Sitting at 96-97 MPH on his fastball, followed by an 82-83 MPH Change Up.

Struck out the side to end the game.

Might have something in Kimball.

Offline bglide

• banned
How in the world did Burgess go over Moore?

Offline epic_phalanx

How in the world did Burgess go over Moore?

Simplest explanation would be that Burgess finished in AA while Moore is still in A+, so that Nats would have needed to use an exemption to send him. There's no reason why he can't go next year (Moore, that is) and it's not like he's so close to the majors that this hurts his development. AFL is designed for top upper-minors prospects, so they don't let just anyone go.

Offline bglide

• banned
Simplest explanation would be that Burgess finished in AA while Moore is still in A+, so that Nats would have needed to use an exemption to send him. There's no reason why he can't go next year (Moore, that is) and it's not like he's so close to the majors that this hurts his development. AFL is designed for top upper-minors prospects, so they don't let just anyone go.

You have to make room for the organization's hitter of the year.  For no other reason than to keep the hot hand possibly going. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
You have to make room for the organization's hitter of the year.  For no other reason than to keep the hot hand possibly going. 

More meaningless at-bats in essentially the offseason to help his average early in the next minor league season? :hurr:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
More meaningless at-bats in essentially the offseason to help his average early in the next minor league season? :hurr:
I'd maybe prefer the Nats send him to API in AZ rather than the AFL.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
what's the prognosis for Moore - do they think he's going to be a legit MLB player in a few?  How does he compare to Marerro?

Offline houston-nat

what's the prognosis for Moore - do they think he's going to be a legit MLB player in a few?  How does he compare to Marerro?

He has to do well next year because otherwise he might have just been a one-year wonder. Has to prove he wasn't the single A Chris Shelton.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

He was old for A ball last year. If he keeps it up in AA they might have something.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Peacock goes 1 IP, 3 K's, gives up a run on two hits though.

Kimball goes 1 IP, 1 K, no hits or walks.

Offline imref

Is Harper playing today?

Today's his 18th birthday, he joins the team tomorrow and will play his first game on Wednesday per Doug Harris.

Offline tripan1035

All eyes on whether or not #34 shows up at some point.

The current roster:

Adam Carr, reliever
Brad Peacock, SP
Sammy Solis, SP
Derek Norris, C
Steve Lombardozzi, 2B
Michael Burgerss, OF

Potential additions:
Steve Souza, 3B
A.J. Cole, P
Robbie Ray, P
Bryce Harper, Phenom

A bigger question than why send Burgess over Tyler Moore would be how in the world could Steven Souza ever be considered as an "addition" over Moore?  What has he ever done to warrant this opportunity?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
A bigger question than why send Burgess over Tyler Moore would be how in the world could Steven Souza ever be considered as an "addition" over Moore?  What has he ever done to warrant this opportunity?

Souza was always a prospect, and his season was shortened by a boneheaded medication error, he needs the ABs.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Solis went 3IP, 1R, 2H, 1BB, 1K

Sadly, he never got over 92 on his fastball, usually sitting in the 90-91 zone.

I thought he threw a lot harder than that, somewhere in the 93-95 range.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Norris - 2/4, R, 1B, 2B, RBI, BB, K, SB

Lombardozzi - 1/3, 2R, 2B, BB

Carr - (Win, 1-0) 2IP, 0R, 0H, 1/1 K/BB, Topped out at 94 MPH, was around 91-93 MPH average.

Offline imref

Norris - 2/4, R, 1B, 2B, RBI, BB, K, SB

Lombardozzi - 1/3, 2R, 2B, BB

Carr - (Win, 1-0) 2IP, 0R, 0H, 1/1 K/BB, Topped out at 94 MPH, was around 91-93 MPH average.

i wonder if the above could be a package for Grienke.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Carr is a RP that's what? 26? I doubt he'd be much interest to anyone.

Norris and Lombardozzi on the other hand would be very attractive.

Offline bglide

• banned
Norris is going to be a superstar.  Wonder if we could see him next year as a September call up?

Offline Sharp

Solis went 3IP, 1R, 2H, 1BB, 1K

Sadly, he never got over 92 on his fastball, usually sitting in the 90-91 zone.

I thought he threw a lot harder than that, somewhere in the 93-95 range.
I always thought he was just a slightly harder-throwing Lannan.  That's why I was never able to get too excited about him.  But hey, Cliff Lee sits in the same zone.

Offline GMUTrkstar

Solis imo did well to have his minor league dayview against some of the best prospects in the AFL.

Offline imref

Kilgore:

Brycer Harper, who isn't eligible to play today, is standing on the second step of the dugout, a bat in his hand. Think he wants in?

Offline NatsDad14

When is Harper going to play?