Author Topic: Spring Training Game Day thread 3/12 @ Barves  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Mr Clean

Did Ladson start this? https://twitter.com/washingnats/status/708816205403004928

Or was it someone here?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
:doh: :old:

Reminds me of "Rocky Raccoon"  .... 

She called herself Memaw
But everyone knew her as skippy

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Omgosh that was so awesome meeting VaRK and Mrs. VaRK and Mattionals!!! Next time gentlemen it'll be in DC :thumbs:

Offline mitlen

Omgosh that was so awesome meeting VaRK and Mrs. VaRK and Mattionals!!! Next time gentlemen it'll be in DC :thumbs:

10K  posts

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
10K  posts

Haha N2P is slipping!

And dear God Orlando sucks :hang:

Offline mitlen

Haha N2P is slipping!

My SiL lived there around '98.     We visited and hit Disney World, etc.    My cousin has a place there (condo).   If I was thinking right, I would have asked to borrow it this week.

Offline Mr Clean

Sean Burnett is back. Hope he makes it, with his hat cocked to the side.

Offline mitlen

Sean Burnett is back. Hope he makes it, with his hat cocked to the side.

Me too.

Offline mitlen

Moore hit a HR.    We're stuck with him now.    Somebody find skippy.   She's swoonin'.

Heard someone doin' the N-A-T-S cheer.    Go smack 'em.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Moore hit a HR.    We're stuck with him now.    Somebody find skippy.   She's swoonin'.

He hit right to her, too... 10-1 Nats...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Yes...great to finally meet you...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Haha N2P is slipping!

Four Rivers Smokehouse. Get the brisket. You can thank me later.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
11-1 bottom of the 8th...

Offline mitlen

<--------------------------               This

Goin' spider and callin' it.    Gotta watch ACC basketball.    :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Gott hit 97...

Offline Slateman

Is he throwing strikes?

Offline Mr Clean

Is he throwing strikes?
Must have been, 1-2-3 inning.

Offline dcpatti

Four Rivers Smokehouse. Get the brisket. You can thank me later.

+1 to Four Rivers. Charley's on Orange Blossom Trail for steaks. A-Aioki on Sand Lake for sushi and hibachi. But yeah overall Orlando sucks.

Don't refuel your rental car at the stations closest to the airport. There's two directly across from each other. They don't post their prices except on the pumps. They charge regularly 2-3 times what other stations charge.

Offline Slateman

Must have been, 1-2-3 inning.

Cool.

+1 to Four Rivers. Charley's on Orange Blossom Trail for steaks. A-Aioki on Sand Lake for sushi and hibachi. But yeah overall Orlando sucks.

Don't refuel your rental car at the stations closest to the airport. There's two directly across from each other. They don't post their prices except on the pumps. They charge regularly 2-3 times what other stations charge.
Yea, those stations are to the north of the airport. If you keep going north, there's a Wawa. Actually, just google for Wawa and go from there. Google maps will tell you the gas prices. Should be in the $1.77-$1.85 range

Offline Mattionals

Well I'm sad to say my 2016 ST trip has come to a close. I'll be headed back north tomorrow at 8 AM, so I should have plenty ty of time to do laundry and get up to speed for work on Monday.  :evil:

I'm glad that I got to meet up with VARK and Skippy. You guys are great and I can't wait to see you again. Overall, the Nats were 2-2 in the four games I saw, both wins coming with Roark on the mound at some point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arroyo and Roark in the rotation with Ross down in AAA to work on his new third pitch.

Gio looks like, well, Gio. His value is his cost, but we will see how lo g that holds up if he doesn't get results. I'm most impressed with Giolito and Turner. Both are going to be studs, and both should be on the 25 man this year at some point. Espi has the loop back in his lefty swing, and with Scott Sizemore and Stephen Drew hitting, it's going to be hard to swallow keeping Espi.

I also really like Dusty. Lots of character and fan interaction, and he really seems to get his players. Werth was smiling for gosh darn sake! Maddux looks involved in his pitchers. Speaking of which, don't be surprised to see Sean Burnett come close to making the squad. He is doing more with slightly less velocity and more movement and I hope his arm stays intact.

Offline mitlen

Well I'm sad to say my 2016 ST trip has come to a close. I'll be headed back north tomorrow at 8 AM, so I should have plenty ty of time to do laundry and get up to speed for work on Monday.  :evil:

I'm glad that I got to meet up with VARK and Skippy. You guys are great and I can't wait to see you again. Overall, the Nats were 2-2 in the four games I saw, both wins coming with Roark on the mound at some point. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arroyo and Roark in the rotation with Ross down in AAA to work on his new third pitch.

Gio looks like, well, Gio. His value is his cost, but we will see how lo g that holds up if he doesn't get results. I'm most impressed with Giolito and Turner. Both are going to be studs, and both should be on the 25 man this year at some point. Espi has the loop back in his lefty swing, and with Scott Sizemore and Stephen Drew hitting, it's going to be hard to swallow keeping Espi.

I also really like Dusty. Lots of character and fan interaction, and he really seems to get his players. Werth was smiling for gosh darn sake! Maddux looks involved in his pitchers. Speaking of which, don't be surprised to see Sean Burnett come close to making the squad. He is doing more with slightly less velocity and more movement and I hope his arm stays intact.

Thanks for the summary Mattionals.    Safe journey home.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Cool.
Yea, those stations are to the north of the airport. If you keep going north, there's a Wawa. Actually, just google for Wawa and go from there. Google maps will tell you the gas prices. Should be in the $1.77-$1.85 range

Those two stations charge $4.59 and $5.95 as of this morning. Holy crap. Talk about gouging.

Offline Natsinpwc

Cool; glad you had a good time and thanks for the report.