Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118541 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Re: Define Natitude: Class Action Suit
« Reply #1950: October 19, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »
The sad part about the demise of Manglish is that I'm guessing that most people underestimate the care that went into each post. First I had to draft a particularly clever response, I couldn't have someone bother to decipher the message just to discover that it was "Drink your Ovaltine". Then I had to craft a whole new dialect. Manglish was a tribute to the Ballpark Guys Mannyglish, which was of course is in turn a tribute to Manny Acta's speech patterns. I started with the Mexican dialect and added in generous portions of Asian, Jar Jar Binks, and Tweebonics to get the perfect mix.

I *think* this post is in English, I mean, I can make out the  words, but I don't understand it at all....

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1951: October 19, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
Oh well who gives a rats ass in that case

Irrelevant, the nats use tickets.com

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1952: October 20, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
So, Eddie Vedder was right about TicketMaster? 

The United use TicketMaster and they do at least one thing better than Tickets.com, print at home tickets are all printed in one batch rather than having to open the ticket links one at a time and printing each ticket individually.

Can't wait to do some old time RFK tailgating tonight.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #1953: October 20, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
I warned BiL too, dumbass.

That he did. I didn't think my post was that brazen but I defer to the moderators. They're usually right on these counts.

The best thing about this board is the incredibly aggressive moderators. And if you don't occasionally get flagged, well, you're just not trying hard enough. :mg:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1954: October 20, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Watch it, buster.  We don't like succups either.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #1955: October 20, 2012, 06:28:08 PM »
freaking cheap bastards. I knew winning wouldn't change their ways.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1956: October 23, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
The United use TicketMaster and they do at least one thing better than Tickets.com, print at home tickets are all printed in one batch rather than having to open the ticket links one at a time and printing each ticket individually.

So if I buy 8 to opening day and have to mail 2 each to 4 partners, how do I split the links?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1957: October 23, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
So if I buy 8 to opening day and have to mail 2 each to 4 partners, how do I split the links?

With Tickets.com its all one link, you have to tell the guy receiving the email which tickets to select to print. Same deal with ticketmaster, the only difference is that instead of opening one page (ticket) at a time you would either print all the tix and trash the extras or select the option to print the current page for the ones you need.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1958: October 23, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »
And the winner is...

Congrats to the NPS Cardinals for winning the October Natitude contest. 

http://curlyw.mlblogs.com/

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1959: October 23, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »
OMG

Those kids are so cute

I'm all verklemped

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1960: November 13, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »
From the Sports Bog, the Nats are working to get their logo on license plates in MD, DC, and VA and they're taking pre-orders now for Maryland and the District.  Interesting note from the Bog man is that the Nats website states that the fee will be up to $100, while both MD and DC have a fee of $25 for specialty plates.   Wonder who pockets the extra $75?

The proposal introduced to the District in 2011 that paved the way for such offerings set certain guidelines for team plates. According to the proposal, the plates would all cost $25 and the team’s logo would be displayed to the left of the plate’s numbers. Maryland’s Motor Vehicle Administration also puts a $25 price tag on all specialized plates, so I’m not sure what the email’s “up to $100″ purchase price covers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/11/12/nats-license-plates-coming-to-d-c-and-maryland/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1961: November 13, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »
Virginia has really inexpensive affinity plates.

While on the topic, saw this in a Bethesda garage yesterday parked just across the aisle from my own "NATS 9"

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #1962: November 14, 2012, 08:38:23 AM »
Virginia has really inexpensive affinity plates.

While on the topic, saw this in a Bethesda garage yesterday parked just across the aisle from my own "NATS 9"

Nats bases on balls?  Is that John Lannan's car?  Maybe HRod could get Nats HBP as his tags.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1963: January 22, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
I suppose this is my entry into Natitude.

Why I'm looking for a new apartment this spring - http://tinyurl.com/b8jugda

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #1964: January 22, 2013, 07:04:25 PM »

Staying in Lintyburg?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1965: January 22, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
Staying in Lintyburg?

Ha. Yes. Just need to find a place with DIRECTV.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1966: January 22, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »

Keep up the writing and fight the power.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1967: January 22, 2013, 07:16:53 PM »

I've never had this problem so I'm not sure of the degree of difficulty, but have you looked into ways to spoof the MLB feed into thinking that you're located in some other state?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1968: January 22, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »

Just move up here, bro.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1969: January 22, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
I've never had this problem so I'm not sure of the degree of difficulty, but have you looked into ways to spoof the MLB feed into thinking that you're located in some other state?

Yeah... may have done that once in a while. Problem is, Lynchburg's internet is so slow, download speeds of 20 MBPS, 3 MBPS per upload, running it behind an internet proxy, slows it down even further to nothing more than a collection of moving pictures.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1970: January 22, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
Yeah... may have done that once in a while. Problem is, Lynchburg's internet is so slow, download speeds of 20 MBPS, 3 MBPS per upload, running it behind an internet proxy, slows it down even further to nothing more than a collection of moving pictures.

20mbps is more than enough to stream MLB.tv in HD.  The proxy's speed is what's killing you.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #1971: January 22, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »
Is this the actual 'show your nattitude' thread now and not the 'bash the Lerners' thread?

Good luck finding your new place.  I have DTV in DC.  When I signed up, I had the option of a bigger dish that might keep the signal from the satellite better in a rainstorm or a smaller, cheaper one.  I went with the smaller, cheaper one and it goes out maybe 3 or 5 times a year, really every summer, during really heavy periods of rain. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude: World Series or Bust
« Reply #1972: January 22, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
Is this the actual 'show your nattitude' thread now and not the 'bash the Lerners' thread?

Better subject line?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1973: January 22, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »
I don't know if this is Natitude or not, but I was looking at some W-L numbers and noticed that if the Nats, Wiz, Caps, Mystics, and Redskins all went undefeated for the next 365 days, the only owner with a record over .500 for all the time they've owned the team would be old man Lerner.  For all the credit that Leonsis gets for being fan friendly his teams have been dreadful.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #1974: January 22, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »
Leonsis is overrated.  It is amazing that he has kept Ernie Grunfeld for as long as he has.