Author Topic: 3/27/09 Unofficial Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Mets  (Read 3860 times)

Bags

Good news on 360:
That's mighty quick for how bad that looked initially, I'd rather he not come back too soon, just to make OD, and then really mess it up.  Since he's waited so long for his chance to be a starter, he just might do that.

Bags

Nolasco has owned us.  Lights out.

But the good news is it's the first start of the year, so he'll be on a low pitch count, and we've got NJ back and the addition of Dunn to help out Dukes as the Nats 3 most patient hitters.  Hopefully we can get his pitch count up and get him out of there after 5, or 6 innings at the most, and do some damage against what should be the weakest part of their (or any team's) bullpen.

Offline PC

2+ pages of posts for a spring training game thread for a game that doesn't start until 7!!!  :shock:

Bags

The game is also televised live tonight on MLB.TV.  Does that mean it will be carried on the MLB network, or just online?  In addition to SNY, of course.

Offline sportsfan882

The game is also televised live tonight on MLB.TV.  Does that mean it will be carried on the MLB network, or just online?  In addition to SNY, of course.

it will just be available on mlb.tv and SNY. I'll watch it while I'm also watching the Caps and Strasburg.

I believe MASN is showing a Nationals classics tonight too.

Offline sportsfan882

2+ pages of posts for a spring training game thread for a game that doesn't start until 7!!!  :shock:
:2k6nats batsignal: :lol:

Offline DPMOmaha

MLB.TV is just online.

Offline sportsfan882

Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling shockingly were very complimentary of Elijah Dukes in the first.

Willingham with a 2 out single. :clap:

Offline daveb32

Lannan's delivery looks kind of different.

Offline sportsfan882

3 ground ball outs for Lannan in the first. nice

Offline sportsfan882

Alberto Gonzalez just drilled a 2-out RBI Triple off of Santana! 1-0 WSH

Offline PC

Come on John. Drive in a run! :lol:

Offline daveb32

Guthrie tabbed Orioles Opening Day starter while sporting a 7.94 spring ERA.

Offline PC

Pitchers shouldn't hit in ST, period.  They don't get any better in the few at-bats and all you do is risk a fluky injury in a game that doesn't count.

Offline PC

Don't give the lead back, John!

Offline sportsfan882

Pitchers shouldn't hit in ST, period.  They don't get any better in the few at-bats and all you do is risk a fluky injury in a game that doesn't count.
I'd agree with that.

Lannan in trouble. Single by Delgado, double by Beltran.

Offline sportsfan882

fluke hit by Murphy. 2-1 NYM

oh well, at least Lannan's shutout streak is now gone. I would have hated to see him take that streak into the regular season because he would have been way overdue to give up some runs. it will be good for him to work through adversity now too which he hasn't faced yet this spring.

Offline PC

Get your head in the game John!  >:(

Offline daveb32

Nice play by Gonzalez to save a run.

Offline sportsfan882

sick barehanded grab and throw by Alberto Gonzalez to get Reyes out and save a run. wow.

Offline sportsfan882

David Wright hits into a DP :rofl:

Offline sportsfan882

Lannan is cruising. 2-1 NYM after 5 innings.

5 IP 4 H 2 R 2 ER 0 BB 1 K.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Ronnie is showing some range tonight!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Good news on 360:

In other news, Flores is supposed to start tomorrow against Houston. :az:

Hernandez's attitude kicks ass.

Offline sportsfan882

Kearns looks woeful. still very susceptible to the inside fastball.

Santana is dominating the Nats as expected.