Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 46626 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #225: September 09, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »
"These guys Ibanez and Utley hit the ball a long way against every guy.  This guys Lee has great stuff.  Take my baseball hat off for this guys."
-Jim Riggleman

"These guy Huff hit ball a long way ageenst every guy.  This guys Guthrie and Bass have great stuffs.  Take my Sombrero off for this guys."
-my ese eaglesskins/Manny Acta

no difference
:lmao: :lmao: that cracks me up every time

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #226: September 09, 2009, 10:27:40 PM »
booooooooooo

GFY Jim

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #227: September 09, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »
:rofl: Chico just grilled Rig about pinch hitting with Harris and Orr with the bases loaded in the 7th.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #228: September 09, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
what bullcrap is manny riggleman spewing tonight?

he's too concerned about respecting pete orr's veteran status

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #229: September 09, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #230: September 09, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
If we don't see at least 2-3 of the young guys tomorrow it will be a joke.

Livan is going to get rocked anyways so what does it matter if we play the young guys?

whatever, we got NFL football tomorrow night. :clap:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #231: September 09, 2009, 10:36:05 PM »

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #232: September 09, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »

"YOU SUCK, RIGGLEMAN!"

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #233: September 09, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
Did Riggleman really pinch hit Pete Orr in the 8th with the bases loaded for Gonzalez who was 3/3 with 3 doubles?  :|

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #234: September 09, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »
Did Riggleman really pinch hit Pete Orr in the 8th with the bases loaded for Gonzalez who was 3/3 with 3 doubles?  :|

and then, he used wil nieves to pinch-hit instead of mike morse

just another day at the office for manny riggleman

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #235: September 10, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »
If we don't see at least 2-3 of the young guys tomorrow it will be a joke.

Livan is going to get rocked anyways so what does it matter if we play the young guys?

whatever, we got NFL football tomorrow night. :clap:

If I had wanted to see the "new" guys play, I would have driven down to Potomac, or up to Pennsylvania. Leave them on the bench.

I don't understand why you want to make me watch young pups struggle against big league pitching, that's what spring training is for.

Online blue911

« Reply #236: September 10, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »
If I had wanted to see the "new" guys play, I would have driven down to Potomac, or up to Pennsylvania. Leave them on the bench.

I don't understand why you want to make me watch young pups struggle against big league pitching, that's what spring training is for.

And there is the "respect for the game" issue. The Phillies are still playing for home field in the playoffs.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #237: September 10, 2009, 08:03:44 AM »

You'd rather watch veterans like Nieves struggle against big league pitching?  Morse almost certainly would have been a better option than Nieves in that situation.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #238: September 10, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »

You'd rather watch veterans like Nieves struggle against big league pitching?  Morse almost certainly would have been a better option than Nieves in that situation.

Exactly. When you've won one game in the past couple weeks, benching some starters is just common sense.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #239: September 10, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »
   Well I was at the game last night, and I am still amazed that Ty -Clip didn't get the memo that you don't pitch high to Major League hitters..............two homers, both high pitch.........well duuuud...... :roll: :roll:

Yep, major pitching problems still there, alive and well, for this team.....Check  :spaz:
   Yep, still no clue as to strategy in the hitting line-up, as with Acta, so it goes with  Riggleman.....Check  :spaz:
   Yep, still not using players they called up, like Morse....................Check  :spaz:
    Yep, still stoping players at third base when they had a chance to go for homeplate......Check  :spaz:
    Yep, still not taking risks when behind by one or two points to score.................Check   :spaz:

This month is going to be a very long month for watching the Nats play baseball   :( :(
     But then it's over for 5 months, and we can post fifty thousand new threads on who will be in the line-up for the 2010 season..... :lmao: :lmao:   :icon_mrgreen:  ;) ;)
                                                                                                    :popcorn:

« Reply #240: September 10, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »

Pete Orr is electrifying.

Online blue911

« Reply #241: September 10, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »
   Well I was at the game last night, and I am still amazed that Ty -Clip didn't get the memo that you don't pitch high to Major League hitters..............two homers, both high pitch.........well duuuud...... :roll: :roll:

Yep, major pitching problems still there, alive and well, for this team.....Check  :spaz:
   Yep, still no clue as to strategy in the hitting line-up, as with Acta, so it goes with  Riggleman.....Check  :spaz:
   Yep, still not using players they called up, like Morse....................Check  :spaz:
    Yep, still stoping players at third base when they had a chance to go for homeplate......Check  :spaz:
    Yep, still not taking risks when behind by one or two points to score.................Check   :spaz:

This month is going to be a very long month for watching the Nats play baseball   :( :(
     But then it's over for 5 months, and we can post fifty thousand new threads on who will be in the line-up for the 2010 season..... :lmao: :lmao:   :icon_mrgreen:  ;) ;)

Clippard's been pitching that way since he was called up. He needs to develop something to keep right handed batters off his fast ball.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #242: September 10, 2009, 09:31:13 AM »
Pete Orr is electrifying.
He's awesomeness...He went 4-4 in one of the games I went to in St. Louis...but we lost 9-4.  Who wouldn't want Pete Orr at the plate in crunch time?

Online blue911

« Reply #243: September 10, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »
He's awesomeness...He went 4-4 in one of the games I went to in St. Louis...but we lost 9-4.  Who wouldn't want Pete Orr at the plate in crunch time?

Humans.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #244: September 10, 2009, 09:32:56 AM »

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #245: September 10, 2009, 10:08:31 AM »

:facepalm: So when do you think our youngsters should get a shot?  I guess you'd rather see AAAA players than let someone with a chance at being good develop.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #246: September 10, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Clippard's been pitching that way since he was called up. He needs to develop something to keep right handed batters off his fast ball.
             Ty-Clip needs to pitch low. He pitches way too high. He's easy to read, for a batter.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #247: September 10, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
I'd rather see fresh potential playing at this point so I can at least hang a little hope on next season.  It's not like they're going to lower our chances of winning much even if they suck.

Online blue911

« Reply #248: September 10, 2009, 10:56:45 AM »
             Ty-Clip needs to pitch low. He pitches way too high. He's easy to read, for a batter.

You need to look at what he did when he was successful and what he did when he failed. The reason he's getting killed by righties is because they sit on his fastball. Up,down or in the middle isn't as much of an issue as the fact he doesn't have any other pitch against righties.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #249: September 10, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
i don't know about you guys, but nothing gets me more pumped for baseball than seeing pete orr and wil nieves in that lineup card every night. some nights, it's extra special, and rigglemania puts jorge padilla in there as well. the lineup of champions!