Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3 (L)  (Read 23972 times)

Ryan Zimmerman

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3 (L)
« Reply #50: September 18, 2005, 06:54:32 PM »
That's it, we lost!

Because of who? Frank!

Please, fire this guy.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #51: September 18, 2005, 06:55:09 PM »
i think that this pretty much ends the nats hope at a WC, unless they sweep the Giants.

padres win...

Offline rileyn

« Reply #52: September 18, 2005, 06:55:21 PM »
We crumble.  We are the Padres nages

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #53: September 18, 2005, 06:56:15 PM »
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"
That's it, we lost!

Because of who? Frank!

Please, fire this guy.

he seriously puts the WRONG guys in.
the bullpen has done horribly lately.

dotsandloops

« Reply #54: September 18, 2005, 07:00:15 PM »
Well good goddamn.

I was asleep on the couch and woke up, saw that they tied it, and said "well crap, that's the ballgame".  Fell back asleep, woke back up, right as we (literally) threw it away.  Or I think literally; I didn't see the error.

freaking boring game.  freaking ugly game.  Even when we were ahead it sucked to watch.  Low scoring and it wasn't even a pitchers' duel, just a matter of crappy play by both sides.  've seen more excitement at a soccer match.

dotsandloops

« Reply #55: September 18, 2005, 07:02:37 PM »
Oh, and Brandon Watson's AB was one of the worst things I've ever seen.  Symbolic of the entire game.  I have a worse taste in my mouth than last night because this wasn't a collapse, it was just being listless for 9 innings.

Want another good example?  The Padres' pitcher slooowly shuffling towards first base and getting DP'd off.  Ugly, ugly ugly.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #56: September 18, 2005, 07:02:59 PM »
Quote from: "dotsandloops"
Well good goddamn.

I was asleep on the couch and woke up, saw that they tied it, and said "well crap, that's the ballgame".  Fell back asleep, woke back up, right as we (literally) threw it away.  Or I think literally; I didn't see the error.

freaking boring game.  freaking ugly game.  Even when we were ahead it sucked to watch.  Low scoring and it wasn't even a pitchers' duel, just a matter of crappy play by both sides.  've seen more excitement at a soccer match.

Not only was this game boring it was a waste of time, I could've done so much homework. I think the Nats let yesterday get the best of them. I think even if we sweep the Nats, our chances at the WC are over because now we are 4.5 games back in the Wild Card. The Astros just swept the Brewers and their rest of the season, excluding two games with the Cards, includes the Pirates, Cubs, and Brewers. But at least the Phils and the Marlins wont win it and hey, if we finish above .500 wont that be good. It will be a lot more than most of you expected

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #57: September 18, 2005, 07:05:25 PM »
I think, if the nats want to be successfull next year, they'll need to get a better manager. Frank is the worse, I was a ex expos fan, I know what I"m talking about. Again today, very poor management from him.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #58: September 18, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"
I think, if the nats want to be successfull next year, they'll need to get a better manager. Frank is the worse, I was a ex expos fan, I know what I"m talking about. Again today, very poor management from him.

I have this real bad hunch that the new owners will just look at his HOF career and how "he kept this team in a playoff race despite blahblahblah" and rehire him

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #59: September 18, 2005, 07:28:05 PM »
I wasted two hours by following the nats and I've tons of homeworks...

Now, the first montreal canadiens pre season game started...no way I"m gonna my homeworks. :D

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #60: September 18, 2005, 07:38:44 PM »
You know what I just realized? AL teams are much better than NL teams record-wise. If the Astros were in the AL. They would be SIX GAMES out of first place.