Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Michael Taylor, OF  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Follow the Prospects: Michael Taylor, OF
« Topic Start: October 14, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »
A few choice quotes from latest from Borble Bundledunker on Michael Taylor. I searched but did not find a follow the prospects thread for him. Please merge if I missed it.

After he was unable to acquire a center fielder before the non-waiver Trade Deadline, general manager Mike Rizzo said that the Nationals have a player who will be their center fielder of the future.

While he didn't name the player, the person that Rizzo was referring to was Michael Taylor, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft. Taylor, the best defensive center fielder in the farm system, played for Class A Hagerstown this past season, hitting .253 with 13 home runs and 68 RBIs.

After hitting .214 before the All-Star break, Taylor hit .291 with a .351 on-base percentage during the second half of the season. Taylor said that the biggest change was being relaxed at the plate.

"In the first half I was a little anxious, trying to do too much," Taylor said. "Once I kind of let go of those things and just relaxed, it really helped me."

"He was a shortstop and not very good," Corrales said. "The decision was made to put him in the outfield, and he took to it just like you wouldn't believe. He has outstanding range -- going back, going in, going to the sides. Now he is starting to believe he can hit. Michael Taylor is going to be a good baseball player. He is a fine young man.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111014&content_id=25655178&vkey=news_was&c_id=was&partnerId=rss_was